List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Yeah, it's ****ing hilarious reading about the 67 yr old lock down back pocket with shit skills who is always injured for our f1 with nothing back.

There is no length they won't go to shit can Houston, and the club because they want to finish bottom 2 again for the next shiny new toy.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would you give up this years pick 2 for him straight swap.

Top 5 Draft Pick FC is what we've become on here. Forgetting that we shouldn't need seven of the campaigners to be competitive
I think both sides have valid points. Adding Houston may or may not make us more competitive or "move the needle".
I don't think we're going to magically become a 10 win team just by bringing in Darling, Parker and potentially Houston because it takes time to build chemistry when new pieces are added. The experience and leadership should help theoretically, but I think most of our improvement will come from the group we have taking a step further.
There's also something a little bit psychological with the group in terms of the "woe is me" vibe. Do those senior players help that or does the group just need to win a few games in a row to get that confidence?
I don't know what the answer is but I think Parker will bring

I think its fair to query trading a F1 (likely top 4 pick) for Houston on it's own with nothing back and spending that for the role he plays and whether it's the right time to add that level of player when the rest of the group likely isn't ready.
The Lions traded for Neale, Dunkley, Cameron and Daniher types when they were on the cusp or in finals.
I don't think we're at that point myself and that was also 1st round capital spent in other areas of the ground.
They got Ah Chee via trade cheaper and Wilmot, Coleman and Zorko through the draft for that role.

Houston is an All-Australian, an elite ball user off the half back and better defender than what we have, but whether it's the right call to add him at that price and whether that time is now is fair to debate I think.
We just don't know either way and it's probably unlikely we'll get the chance to find out in the end.

Would you give up this years pick 2 for him straight swap.
No. The earlier we get players in, the better, especially kpp, and this draft has loads of them.

I have no problem giving up a top 5 pick for Houston next year. I reckon we can trade back from 2 and get a replacement f1 or another pick inside 10 anyway.

Just get talent through the doors to start winning ffs.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back