List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

The people with the power to change it are people at the club. Recruiters, Development staff, Coaching staff and the players.

There is a lot we could have done to be more competitive in the present without sacrificing the future, for whatever reason we haven't been making those decisions.
So you honestly believe Clarko and company have not got a plan in place for the now and the future. What decisions haven't we been making.

My entire point is that anyone who posts something slightly critical of the club as 'inside' knowledge gets shouted down for making shit up, when such thing shouldn't really be a surprise given how poorly we've been performing.

Like why are we so unable to believe that some players might be getting jaded? I'd be more concerned if they were all loving this situation, Lol.
I am sure everyone at the whole club is not enjoying how we are going off field but doesn't mean players want to walk away In the last couple of years Larky X Harry Cam Curtis have all sighed long term deals Must be a reason for that you would think Its not like they would and did not have better offers from contending clubs.

Something doesn't add up here.

George knows he's a gun?

George MAY be a gun in the future, but there is a lot of work he needs to do before he can say he's a gun ie., strength, fitness to run out 4 quarters, skill improvement, etc

Seems we have a lot of players on our list who overrate themselves & it's not justified as yet coz we've won 3/5's of F all in the last 4 years.
Yep. He’s not in the same stratosphere as Sheezel at the moment and don’t think he ever will be.

Yeah, pick 2 and a future 2nd should automatically see us out of the picture. Port is just sabotaging every possible trade because they didn't want to lose him. There is no point trying to trade with someone who isn't genuinely trying to trade someone. Houston signed the contract, Port don't have to trade him and they don't want to trade him, they are only going to let him go for something bonkers and we would be bonkers to pay it.
The fact that he has said he is perfectly willing to stay makes it impossible to trade for him without dramatically overpaying.

lol.

Would be no different to LDU. George wants to win football.

George and Sheez are great mates and Sheez will be captain by the end of 2026.

If we want to keep LDU and Wardlaw we need to improve now. So hopefully we nail this trade period.

That’s why Houston would have been good if he wasn’t such a gronk. Instantly makes us better.

In his last three years at Collingwood he played 15 games, 10 then 4 then one game in his last season and supposedly he got paid nearly twice as much per year as we were offering.
Sure, that's all true. But it was a choice to let him go and that choice was taken in context of just having sacked Boomer, Drew, Spud, and NDS. And also in the context of Brad Scott and Cam Joyce thinking they still had the major pieces in place to challenge and just needed a couple of top ups.

To be honest, I was not as fiercely critical of Boomer's sacking as a lot of people were provided that it was done as part of an immediate rebuild. The fact that it took Brad Scott another 2 1/2 years to realize that we needed to rebuild and even then, only when his contract was up for renewal, is the worst example of list mismanagement we've seen in the AFL era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't understand how people don't see this. We haven't lost anyone that we were desperate to keep for a long time its nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be at the club Great post Passmore.
If the club weren't desperate to keep JHF then it's little wonder we have performed so terribly for so long.

Let's hope we don't get stooged by other clubs this year.

We got burnt taking Will Walker believing that Geelong were going to pick him when in fact there target was Kelly.

This year all the talk is that Richmond going for a double midfield punch at 1 & 2 should they trade with us giving us 6 and 10/11.

I call BS.

There is no way Tauru falls to 6.

Richmond will be all over him at 2.

If North think he is the ONE then pick him at 2.

The Kid Is A Freak.

Sent from my CPH2197 using Tapatalk

Wild how a decent chunk of ITK info on here comes from known whingers who conveniently get to reinforce their negative outlook with the added prestige of inside legitimacy. Forces people to pay attention to them.

We need to win games next year. Nothing is more important than that. We've got two years to convince Wardlaw that we're on our way, whether or not this info is accurate. Worrying about that now is close to pointless. If we are still a 3-win team at the end of 2026 then Wardlaw's re-signing will be the least of my worries about this club, personally.

I would be very surprised if wardlaw is not getting offers from better teams not having signed his contract extension.
We do need to improve now. It's pretty obvious really.
I think we do improve next year a bit but whether it's enough or not idk. Time will tell.
What do you mean? He signed a contract extension. His initial contract expired at the end of the season just gone and his extension takes him through to the end of 2026.

We got burnt taking Will Walker believing that Geelong were going to pick him when in fact there target was Kelly.

This year all the talk is that Richmond going for a double midfield punch at 1 & 2 should they trade with us giving us 6 and 10/11.

I call BS.

The Kid Is A Freak.

There’s always one that is all the rage on the interwebs by the fans that gets drafted late or not at all.
I very much doubt tauru gets taken before pick 6

I call BS.

The Kid Is A Freak.

I don't see how Tauru doesn't go pick 1. No player has ever improved as much as this kid has in the weeks since the season ended.

I would be very surprised if wardlaw is not getting offers from better teams not having signed his contract extension.
We do need to improve now. It's pretty obvious really.
I think we do improve next year a bit but whether it's enough or not idk. Time will tell.

He signed a two year extension in 2023, now contracted until end of ‘26.

He also agreed with Harry when they were drafted to stick with North through the tough times and raise a cup together.

Load of horseshit or not, I’m happy for any and all players to be putting on pressure for us to improve from every angle.

The club is far more likely to prioritise getting their shit together if there is constant pressure from the players as well as the members - right now they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt.

You could also argue getting friendly-fire concussed and losing form and any chance at the Rising Star really put a damper on what was shaping up to be a really strong season for him.

His mind was made up before he went to bed in his North jumper.

So Jason, master strategist and cunning manipulator that he is, managed to convince our list management team that he was coming for the long haul when really he had a secret plan to scarper after a year?

Sometimes the simplest explanation is the easiest. He was/is an immature kid who was unable to resist the pressure he was put under by both Adelaide teams and his family. And we didn't provide sufficient support for him to do so, though whether or not this would have been possible is debatable. But clearly we didn't do sufficient due diligence prior to drafting him or we would have traded the pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back