List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.

Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Last edited:

Brady needs to get a roll on. Our options are limiting with splitting pick 2, and getting the remaining the players we are chasing.

2 > 6 + 13
Our wait for Richmond to finally do their trades
2 > 6 + 11

25 + F3 > Daniel + F2

F1 > 8 (battle compo)

8 + F2 (WB) > Houston

44 > Parker (maybe throw in Konstanty)

Draft with 6 and 11. Stevens F/S with 62..
Too much for Daniel giving up 25 and I don't think Saints trade out of this draft for our F1. I'm sure we've offered it.
You must keep a F2/F3 if you're trading out a F1, so you'd need F3 back from Saints or Port.

Only concern is other clubs getting there first. Melbourne got to P9 before us. West Coast are shopping P3 around for similar deals we are chasing. Collingwood getting P13 would hamper our chances at Houston, unless we can top that pick by selling our F1 or splitting 2 elsewhere.

Just like Hawthorn and West Coast. Hawks got sick of waiting so traded out the pick west coast needed for Baker. That now opens up a Baker move to Freo instead.
We offered our F1 for 9 (I hope we asked for something back). I think Demons 28 and 40 (points for Kako) and the potential mid/late Demons F1 (unless they spiral) gives them an F1 they can wear trading back into the draft after the Kako bid is done. They'll probably only get a look at mid/late 1st and 2nd rounders like GWS 15/16/21 or Swans 19/22.

We did ask and he said no, so move on

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Just ask in 12 months
25 or F2 should not be in anyway involved with the Daniel trade, that would be idiotic in a draft where there are available talls and small forwards that we desperately need.

Any use of 2 or 25 needs to be about improving our draft hand, not diluting it.

If Brady was to do the Daniel deal for 25, I’m done and it will be a a long time before I buy another membership.
And Rawlings will continue to keep his job knowing his protected no matter the outcome.

NM25 > Daniel, 35,48

This is the only trade that kind of makes sense. But even still, we would be forsaking a decent stab at a really good KP or FP prospect.

We probably wouldn't have picked them anyway. :stern look

Schache. Lukosius.

Generational. Club. Changing.

The ****?

I'd also question Taranto and Thilthorpe if we are talking generational players. Can we call someone who butchers the ball as generational and Thilthorpe still has the jury out... he has come back huge but will that be to the sacrifice of some of his other attributes ie speed and mobility.... both good solid players but definitely not generational! worse case Houston is on par with these two

What's batshit crazy is heading to the draft every year expecting 18 year olds to move the needle...

Houston would be part of the sum, not all of it. He gives us real leadership down back along with Gus. Parker, and Darling in the guts and up fwd, respectively.

If elite talent is available and willing, we need to do whatever possible to accommodate, not piss it away for next years shiny new toy.

Players only want to leave when they can't see light at the end of the tunnel, not because 'they want too'.

We would onky be drafting replacements anyway if we go down the draft only route for much longer... Treading water because the club wouldn't act when it had the opportunity to acquire team changing talent.

Next years pick probably gets pushed out to 10 anyway with academy, f/s, ngas, etc, and we can always trade back in with futures if necessary.

FMD, look at where we are after drafting top talent for 5 years, and you want to stay on this treadmill for another year or two!

Batshit crazy alright...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
We don’t even know if he wants to come to the club?

What’s batshit crazy is wanting to take unders for a small sugar hit.

It’s called a rebuild. This is the time to stock up on talent.

All I have heard on this board for the better part of a week is let’s overpay for a player and let undervalue what we have as far as draft capital.

With it without Houston, it’s unlikely we push out of the bottom four.

People just need to be patient.

With the draft points value dropping for later picks next year, that first is going to become highly valuable with these clubs needing to find points. But let’s piss it away for a half eaten twistie.

Again, it’s about the result.
Multiple reporters have said we’re after a tall with our first pick.
None are going top 4.
Brady has also said they were prepared to drop a few spots for the right deal.
Multiple reporters have said we’d be prepared to offer f1 for Houston. Nine would get that done.
The merits of those decisions are obviously up for debate. But those picks align with what our objectives reportedly are.

Aren't there new rpts rhat Tauru could possibly go to the summit? Be interesting where he moves to in Twomey Oct. he will move up but how far... obviously that's still only a guide and if he pushes up someone has to go out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon its on today.

Still parker and daniel in for not much out
If daniel happens my guess (and it's only a guess) is that it will be at the death - if the talk of 25 being in the mix is correct, Bulldogs will eventually jump at that and then they have the pleasant task of letting Caleb know, well actually, you're not that required after all.

Just ask in 12 months

And Rawlings will continue to keep his job knowing his protected no matter the outcome.

We can next year but we have this year to play with first. Make some good moves that can start pushing us up the ladder. Which in turn will make poaching slightly easier next year

And again it's not a Rawlings one man show! Will, Clarko and Viney will all be heavily involved

Aren't there new rpts rhat Tauru could possibly go to the summit? Be interesting where he moves to in Twomey Oct. he will move up but how far... obviously that's still only a guide and if he pushes up someone has to go out

Maybe! I’m no expert on this kinda stuff, but I suspect Richmond, West Coast and Adelaide will take midfielders.

Don’t understand why we aren’t taking some chances - think we have enough young blood for now. We need better leadership for our good kids

You want another Polec?

Right. But if I want to buy my neighbour's house, and they would rather sell it to me rather than some random, but I have no money and there's someone out there offering significantly more than the market rate, that doesn't make me the frontrunner.

Ergo Houston can instruct Port to prioritise a deal with the Pies all he likes, but that has no bearing on whether they're a frontrunner because he's contracted and Port are demanding a decent return, and he's accepted that.

So if the Pies can't find the draft capital, and honestly its looking more likely they won't, then its down to Port or North.

That's just logic.
My take is if he can't get to the pies/blues he will either stay at Port or play chicken with them and hope they fold before he does.
We don’t even know if he wants to come to the club?

What’s batshit crazy is wanting to take unders for a small sugar hit.

It’s called a rebuild. This is the time to stock up on talent.

All I have heard on this board for the better part of a week is let’s overpay for a player and let undervalue what we have as far as draft capital.

With it without Houston, it’s unlikely we push out of the bottom four.

People just need to be patient.

With the draft points value dropping for later picks next year, that first is going to become highly valuable with these clubs needing to find points. But let’s piss it away for a half eaten twistie.
I haven't watched every game this year (like every year), to not see the benefit down the track. We have been garbage for 5 years. It's been so hard to watch but I want to see the rewards for it.

Number 5 is the reward. I don't want us to jump off the rebuild because of impatience. We are almost there. This is a good draft. Finish the job. The more elite talent coming through the better we will be.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back