List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PicksClubsResult
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & EssendonMelbourne receives Essendon's R1 (9), 2025 R3 Pick
Essendon receives Melbourne's 2025 F1, 2024 R2 (28,40), R3(46,54), R4 (65) Picks
14-10-24 - Pick TradeMelbourne & AdelaideAdelaide receives Melbourne's 2025 3R Pick
Melbourne receives Adelaide's 2024 3R(46) Pick
11-10-24 - Pick TradeBrisbane & RichmondRichmond receives Brisbane's 1R Pick (pick 20)
Brisbane receives Richmond's 2R (32,42), 3R (43,45) Picks
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & BrisbaneCarlton receives Brisbane's R4 (73), 2025 R2 Pick
Brisbane receives Carlton's R2(34), R4(66)
11-10-24 - Pick TradeCarlton & HawthornCarlton receives Hawthorn's R1(14) pick
Hawthorn receives Carlton's 2025 R1, R2 (tied to Carlton) picks

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Absolutely. We've been generally poor in the trade space as long as I can remember. (For reference, I don't think I knew what the trade season was until the late nineties)

But blaming Clarko, Viney and Rawlings for that is a bit like blaming Coltrane for Miles Davis' patchy early years.
I don't think it was blaming them. More just how poor that list is.

Lol

Right about now any other club would send its leaders and list manager to try and reach out to Dan and lobby for the club.

Our issue is Luke McDonald and Brady Rawlings have as much charisma and influence in selling the club as a mute.

It’s somehow all up to Clarko and it’s just not enough.
We can’t even send LDU because he’s got a year to go on his deal and Sheezel is still a baby.

The sad reality is the reason why Houston is prioritising the Pies over us is because we’re a loser club.
So unfortunately we need to keep our hat in the ring for anyone who is willing to consider us and on this occasion, we happen to be located in inner city Melbourne. And we got cash to burn.
That’s it.
If Houston does end up with us then it’s a massive boost for our playing group.

We just need a little bit of luck. For once. Just something fall our way.

I don't think it was blaming them. More just how poor that list is.
If you read that post in isolation. But when it comes to Clarko's trading nous, Psicosis is a pessimist, judging by things like:

Clarkson in self preservation mode.
Myself & others are well within our rights to have a lack of faith due to years of incompetence.
So I was responding in that context.

But if that was unfair, happy to say I'm wrong.

Lol

Right about now any other club would send its leaders and list manager to try and reach out to Dan and lobby for the club.

Our issue is Luke McDonald and Brady Rawlings have as much charisma and influence in selling the club as a mute.

We can’t even send LDU because he’s got a year to go on his deal and Sheezel is still a baby.

The sad reality is the reason why Houston is prioritising the Pies over us is because we’re a loser club.
So unfortunately we need to keep our hat in the ring for anyone who is willing to consider us and on this occasion, we happen to be located in inner city Melbourne. And we got cash to burn.
That’s it.

Send Parker and Darling.

What’s happened with Carlton? They’ve got a bit of draft capital to play with now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shizen Housten, am I right, chopsuey?
Yep 100%

You either want to be here or you don't

It's a privilege to play for the NMFC

Don't play us to get an extra 100k to get a gig a Carlton or Collingwood

Their is 15 first round draft picks on the list that need to grow the **** up

Be men

Get us 6-8 wins without giving up pick 2 and what will be pick 3-6 next year

If he come out and said I want to play at North

He hasn't

So he can eff off

Tom Morris’ source has caught him out. Not accurate lately.
Earlier today he said we were no hope and Houston would rather stay at Port.
That was BS.

He’s just changed his tune again.
campaigner went from “here we go” and now “to put it simply” lol

Tom Morris’ source has caught him out. Not accurate lately.
Earlier today he said we were no hope and Houston would rather stay at Port.
That was BS.

He’s just changed his tune again.

He's a third tier AFL reporter.

Tiers of Reliability

Twomey (tho he's cheating because he's employed by the organisation he reports on)

___

Niall/Ryan/Gleeson

____

Edmund/Ralph/Morris

I would really really like for us to hold such an allure of a deal in front of them that they hold out and hold out and hold out and then at the latest possible point we take the deal off the table.

Because f*** port and f*** players not choosing to come to us.
Same.

I want the pies trade to bust and then tell Houstons camp, "Sorry, we are after committed players only."

I do want Houston, but he needs to commit publicly to someone.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lol

That’s it.

That's a loser attitude frankly

The fact that Housten doesn't committ to North should be a motivation for the 15 first round draft picks on the list to grow a set and be men .

If LDU can't grow up and take responsibility he can eff off as well.

The club send its leaders and list manager to entice him over 🤦‍♂️

Seriously

No luck is required

Clarko just needs to tell the whole list

To grow up and stop being a bunch of wet lettuces

Same.

I want the pies trade to bust and then tell Houstons camp, "Sorry, we are after committed players only."

I do want Houston, but he needs to commit publicly to someone.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Finally you get it

Its a privilege to play for North

You dont grovel and beg

This is just so embarrassing now.

No one can beat our offer yet there’s still no commitment from Houston and they’re still working with the pies/blues instead , which proves he doesn’t want to come to us.

Need to have some dignity here. We should have given a timeline and then moved on.
Yep just tell Housten to FRO

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back