List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Harry SharpBrisbane & MelbourneTradeMelbourneMelbourne receives Brisbane's Harry Sharp, 2025 R3 pick (tied to Brisbane)
Brisbane receives Melbourne's 2024 R3(49), 2025 R3 pick (tied to Essendon).
Dan Houston
Jack Lukosius
Joe Richards
Rory Atkins
John Noble
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Collingwood
TradeCollingwood
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide receives GC's R1(13),GC R2(29,36), GC R3(50) Picks, Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Rory Atkins
Gold Coast receives Collingwood's 2025 F1, PA's 2025 F1, PA R2(39)
Collingwood receive Dan Houston, PA R4(58)
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Brisbane Lions trade Harry Sharp and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Brisbane) to Melbourne for its 2024 Round 3 pick (currently 49) and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Essendon).
-----------------
Collingwood get Houston and Pick 58 and give up: a future first round pick, Joe Richards to Port and John Noble to Gold Coast

Port get Jack Lukosius, Richards, Rory Atkins, picks 13, 29, 36 and 50 in this year’s draft while letting Houston go to Collingwood, their future first round pick, pick 39 in this year’s goes to Gold Coast and pick 58 goes to Collingwood.

Gold Coast get Noble, a future first round pick from each of Collingwood and Port Adelaide, and pick 39 (received from Port), while the Suns send Lukosius and Atkins, picks 13, 29 and 50 to Port Adelaide.
-------------
St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

Ridiculous. Bloke is a great kick, would be better than all our list. Might not kick it 60m but he hits a target consistently and if you think it's always sideways then I'm not sure you've even watched him.
Bulldogs play loose with their players running into clear space, our guys don’t seem to do that. We seem to be kicking to stationary targets that get shut down while the ball is in the air all the time.

Yep. This idea that we did a trade 5 years ago that some people felt was a bit of a robbery and now everyone just keeps North on speed dial for the lols, not that we and most clubs have years of respectful and above all knowledgeable dealings with each other. I wonder sometimes if it’s Freudian in nature.
Freudian? That sounds like something my mother would say.

And how far do we want to go back with the list of recycled players? Hell I remember when we picked up Kasey Green, Dan McConnell and Cam Thurley!
Ha McConnell. I remember asking my West Coast friend "is he any good?". He shook his head. He was right.
I think we even fell for the "he was a top 5 pick" back then as well. Kasey Green was at least serviceable.

I guess they can’t burn weagles HQ down twice
Will take more than that to get Reid to North.
The Eagles would be asking for the world for him
EG:1st and 2nd pick and Future 1st and 2nd pick that’s 4 potential players to lose.
The Eagles know their have a special talent in Reid and if he wants out clubs will have to pay up.

Bulldogs play loose with their players running into clear space, our guys don’t seem to do that. We seem to be kicking to stationary targets that get shut down while the ball is in the air all the time.
So your assumption is that we will try and continue to play our worst and not try to move the ball to non stationary targets in 2025.

Or is it that we shouldn’t try to improve our ball use by attracting an All Australian with experience and poise to allow other ball users to move up the ground perhaps.

All because we are fearful of what sort of player we might get at pick 25 in lieu of a known quantity in Daniel with one elite trait.

I would think after we get to pick 25 (with academy selections etc) the players we like are often still available by a pick in the 40s as there would be a chasm between who rates people where.

Which means there’s some chance we can get the players we like post pick 25 and Daniel.

So I’m taking a known quantity with an elite trait for a change.

Name our other 26yo plus players with one elite trait.

So your assumption is that we will try and continue to play our worst and not try to move the ball to non stationary targets in 2025.

Or is it that we shouldn’t try to improve our ball use by attracting an All Australian with experience and poise to allow other ball users to move up the ground perhaps.

All because we are fearful of what sort of player we might get at pick 25 in lieu of a known quantity in Daniel with one elite trait.

I would think after we get to pick 25 (with academy selections etc) the players we like are often still available by a pick in the 40s as there would be a chasm between who rates people where.

Which means there’s some chance we can get the players we like post pick 25 and Daniel.

So I’m taking a known quantity with an elite trait for a change.

Bull can cook:cool:

Make it happen Brady today ….
2024 trade week nearly over … NMFC - wash rinse repeat
“Better luck next year Snoz” tmp.gif

Larkey would be elite at converting scoring shots.
Fisher is elite at turning over the ball.
Zurhaar is elite at going missing and having some amazing rare x-factor heroics.
McDonald is elite at having his tongue sticking out of his mouth in photos.
Tucker is elite at being Logue's friend.
Corr is elite at being in the middle of nowhere when the opposition has three key forwards taking uncontested marks.
Logue is elite at not being as bad as our other defenders.

I'll leave the rookies out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back