List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

PlayerOriginal ClubTrade/FANew ClubResult
Daniel RioliRichmondTradeGold CoastGold Coast receive Richmond's Daniel Rioli, R4 (51,61,70,76) Picks
Richmond receive GC's R1(6), R2(23) Picks
Shai BoltonRichmondTradeFremantleFremantle receive Richmond's Shai Bolton, R1(14), 2025 R3 Pick.
Richmond receive Fremantle's R1(10,11,18) Picks
Harry SharpBrisbane & MelbourneTradeMelbourneMelbourne receives Brisbane's Harry Sharp, 2025 R3 pick (tied to Brisbane)
Brisbane receives Melbourne's 2024 R3(49), 2025 R3 pick (tied to Essendon).
Dan Houston
Jack Lukosius
Joe Richards
Rory Atkins
John Noble
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Collingwood
Gold Coast
Collingwood
TradeCollingwood
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Port Adelaide
Gold Coast
Port Adelaide receives GC's R1(13),GC R2(29,36), GC R3(50) Picks, Jack Lukosius, Joe Richards, Rory Atkins
Gold Coast receives Collingwood's 2025 F1, PA's 2025 F1, PA R2(39)
Collingwood receive Dan Houston, PA R4(58)
Matt Owies
Liam Baker
Carlton & RichmondTradeWest CoastRound 1 pick (3), Round 4 (63,68) to Carlton
Round 1 Pick (14) to Richmond
Round 1 Pick(12), R4 (73) to WCE
Liam Baker to WCE
Matt Owies to WCE
Isaac CummingGWSUFAAdelaideEnd of Round 1 Compo (pick 21) to GWS
Josh BattleSt KildaUFAHawthornRound 1 Compo (Pick 8) to St.Kilda
Tom CampbellSt KildaDFAMelbourneNo Compensation
Harry PerrymanGWSUFACollingwoodRound 1 Compo (Pick 16) to GWS
Elliott HimmelbergAdelaideUFAGold CoastNo Compensation
Nick HaynesGWSUFACarltonNo Compensation
Alex Neal-BullenMelbourneTradeAdelaideRound 2 Pick (28) to Melbourne
Jack DarlingWest CoastTradeNorth MelbourneRound 4 pick (68) to WCE
Jack GrahamRichmondUFAWest CoastEnd of Round 2 Compo (Pick 42) to Richmond

Brisbane Lions trade Harry Sharp and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Brisbane) to Melbourne for its 2024 Round 3 pick (currently 49) and its 2025 Round 3 pick (tied to Essendon).
-----------------
Collingwood get Houston and Pick 58 and give up: a future first round pick, Joe Richards to Port and John Noble to Gold Coast

Port get Jack Lukosius, Richards, Rory Atkins, picks 13, 29, 36 and 50 in this year’s draft while letting Houston go to Collingwood, their future first round pick, pick 39 in this year’s goes to Gold Coast and pick 58 goes to Collingwood.

Gold Coast get Noble, a future first round pick from each of Collingwood and Port Adelaide, and pick 39 (received from Port), while the Suns send Lukosius and Atkins, picks 13, 29 and 50 to Port Adelaide.
-------------
St Kilda trade its Round Two selection (currently 27) to the Brisbane Lions for its Round Two selection (currently 32) and its Round Three selection (currently 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
----------
Three club trade approved.Richmond trade Liam Baker to the West Coast Eagles.West Coast Eagles trade its Round One selection (currently 3) and both its Round Four selections (currently 63 and 68) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft to Carlton.
Carlton trade Matthew Owies, its Round One selection (currently 12) and its Round Four selection (currently 73) to West Coast Eagles. Carlton trade its Round One selection (currently 14 ) to Richmond.
----------
Melbourne trade its two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 28 and 40), two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 46 and 54), its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 65) and its 2025 Round 1 selection to Essendon.
Essendon trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 9) and its 2025 Round 3 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively to Melbourne.
---------
Melbourne trade its 2025 Round 3 selection to the Adelaide Crows for its 2024 Round 3 selection (currently 46) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Brisbane trade its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 20) to Richmond for two 2024 Round 2 selections (currently 32 and 42) and two 2024 Round 3 selections (currently 43 and 45) in the 2024 Telstra AFL Draft.
---------
Carlton trade its 2024 Round 2 selection (currently 34) and 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 66) to Brisbane for its 2024 Round 4 selection (currently 73) and 2025 Round 2 selection in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.
---------
Carlton trade its 2025 Round 1 selection and 2025 Round 2 selection (tied to Carlton) to Hawthorn for its 2024 Round 1 selection (currently 14) in the 2024 and 2025 Telstra AFL Drafts respectively.

Last edited:

We have the leverage

More than happy to take Lalor/FOS at 2 if it’s not at least 6 and 11 coming back
Both parties have leverage.

Our leverage is that if we don't get a satisfactory offer for pick 2, then one of Carlton, Adelaide or Melbourne will take their second favourite player.

Their leverage is that there's no one else for us to deal with.

Thank You Next Move On GIF by Jimmy Arca
Lol, I’m not Nostra.

Just saying he was delisted, and never had a full run at it. Too cooked for our needs.

The Tiger's board think 6 and 24......

I just had a quick lurk and several seemed to think 6 + 14 would have been about right and 6 + 18 would be a win for them - which I'd agree with. I think it depends on who the two teams think will be there at 6 and how many picks they want to take this year.

I'd guess at either

2, F2 for 6, 18, 20 or 10, 11, 24

The other less likely trading options are Melbourne, St Kilda and GWS. I doubt Melbourne or St Kilda would be interested and GWS are probably too far back. If Richmond won't play ball, would we consider something like 2, F2 for F1, 15, 16, 21?

Not a prediction. Would be my final offer. 6 and 11 feels about right.
Exactly.

The idea of bringing forward our F1 is interesting, but I can't see how it'll deliver a good enough return to be worth our while. Trading down from 2 would be predicated on getting pick 6, which means the next available pick is 10, by which time all the topline mids, Tauru and Armstrong would probably be off the table.

Happy with our outcomes.
Daniel was probably a bit expensive but not by much.
I'm just glad we seem to have changed our path over the last few years. No big capitol spent on Stephens or fisher types gambling we can get more out of them than the clubs they came from did.
Kids are great we have heaps of them but this has been needed to be done for like 5 years. We have guys who know how to lead and be good players at good clubs.
Unless we split we seem to be ignoring kpfs through the draft. Hopefully we can attract one through fa or trade over the next few years. Realistically we only really need one.
Can't wait for a few more wins next year.
We are building I reckon.
The tipping point is close.

Both parties have leverage.

Our leverage is that if we don't get a satisfactory offer for pick 2, then one of Carlton, Adelaide or Melbourne will take their second favourite player.

Their leverage is that there's no one else for us to deal with.
Not sure about that. Demons might be the one to watch, they are not afraid to pull the trigger.

Exactly.

The idea of bringing forward our F1 is interesting, but I can't see how it'll deliver a good enough return to be worth our while. Trading down from 2 would be predicated on getting pick 6, which means the next available pick is 10, by which time all the topline mids, Tauru and Armstrong would probably be off the table.
I get this draft is deep but our f1 will probably be a top 5 pick.
I would be shocked if a teens pick has better quality than what we could get next year.
Hold I reckon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just watching the 1996 reserves GF where we demolished * by 104 points.

This was the 4th North reserves GF appearance in a row and we had guys like Brent Harvey and Scott Welsh running around in the 2s.

We won the seniors later that day in the same year we agreed to merge with Fitzroy.

And we used to have the best U19s program before that.

Thank you AFL.

With only pick 2 to play with, there is a good chance Darling won’t have a young key forward to mentor. Hilarious.
Why not?
We could match Lombard and Kako then take Armstrong with Pick 4, that’s not that much of a reach

Really?

I'll re-post the list of our players OOC next year. There are 15 of them, more if we re-sign any of Laz, Drury or Cooper.

LDU, Goater, Corr, Tucker, Ford, Bergman, Phillips, Pink, Stevo, CCJ + Rookies - K Dawson, Teakle, Maley, RHJ, Payne

You don't see any players there that we might need to replace?

Heaps of ways to replace players these days.

We will clearly have some picks in the draft, which is a requirement, but we dont need to prioritise high end picks next over this year.

I think it's likely it happens on draft night. The AFL will want the "shock trade" for the coverage.
I'm sure Brady will "work the phones" and call for an extension to drag it out when the deals have probably already been proposed before hand lol.

We'll go closer to the day knowing if we've committed to Stevens.

I do like those two talls. I think Melbourne remains a real sticking point for Tauru at 5 though.
Yeah, good call, Melbourne? First up this is the problem I'm having with Melbourne, they were supposed to be all in on Harry Armstrong, now its Alix Tauru, I don't buy it, they need elite midfielders and I'm tipping during the draft as soon as its our pick someone whether its Melbourne, St Kilda or even Richmond, will panic and pay the premium if they keep up with this game of cat and mouse and try the "oh ???????? like this player", people are getting too caught up with the picks they have, its the players, it has always been the players.

After all the effort put in.
Please God let Carlton pick paddy dow mark 2.
Just for the lols

Very interesting reading this older article, gives a bit of insight into what we may be doing.

Viney and Taylor developed a blueprint that was all about "tipping the balance", with a focus on recruiting footballers with a competitive edge and the resilience to perform every week.'

"We needed to build quality of depth in players we felt could be best 22, but also if they were squeezed, provided us with a good 30-odd players."

'The Demons also offloaded second-round selections to bring in experienced talent: Vince (2013), Frost (2014), Melksham (2015) and Hibberd (2016).'

'Once enough elite young talent was brought in, they were then willing to shop their first-round picks for the right player.'

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]]" data-quote="speedy" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
With only pick to play with, there is a good chance Darling won’t have a young key forward to mentor. Hilarious.

I’m fairly sure this won’t be the case. It’s not just pick that can be split. There are futures to play with. We will definitely have more top [emoji[emoji6][emoji6]] picks in this draft

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Future first for pick 11? Could be 18 if you win the premiership.
This would depend who comes for pick 2 and trust me there will be teams that come for that pick, but for arguments sake, just say that Richmond offer 6 and 10 for our pick 2 with maybe a future 2nd or 3rd going back, now you have my attention, while I would like a single digit pick, in this draft, I would do that deal, if the player we are after is rumoured to still be on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back