List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Has the ceiling to be a Ginnivan type.. if he works hard enough.
I find it interesting seeing these fringe players in their off season travel snaps.

I get you need time away from footy. I get you’re young and want to travel.

But this is literally your last preseason to make an impact. Surely you just forgo one boys trip overseas and spend that time in the gym with the hope you can make something of yourself.

Seems bizarre to me.

As others have said, our pick 2 will be pick 3 after Ashcroft bid at pick 2.
Tigers pick 6 may end up as pick 8 (Ashcroft bid at 2 and Kako at 5) or might even be 9 (if Lombard is also bid on early), their pick 10/11 will be 13/14 (assuming Ashcroft/Kako/Lombard all bid before pick 10) and there pick 20 (23/24) or 23 (26/27) or 24 (28/29) move back with a bid on Sam Marshall in the early 20's.
So pick 2(3) for 6 (8/9) and 10/11 (13/14) has to be the starting point imo. Close to the Wardlaw trade roughly.

So with both Laz and Drury gone we now have space for 3 picks. It seems that Brady has his eyes on bringing in 3 players but it still depends on what he is going to give up. Pick#2 or F1st.

If he wants 4 picks then Harvey needs to rookied and North needs to let go another player and l'm thinking its either Stephenson or CCJ . l'm leaning towards Stephenson being delisted as CCJ can help in the ruck and we have planty of players who can play Stephenson spot.

Then North can split BOTH pick#2 and F1st..with the Tiggers and GWS being the best to clubs to offer picks we want..

So with both Laz and Drury gone we now have space for 3 picks. It seems that Brady has his eyes on bringing in 3 players but it still depends on what he is going to give up. Pick#2 or F1st.

If he wants 4 picks then Harvey needs to rookied and North needs to let go another player and l'm thinking its either Stephenson or CCJ . l'm leaning towards Stephenson being delisted as CCJ can help in the ruck and we have planty of players who can play Stephenson spot.

Then North can split BOTH pick#2 and F1st..with the Tiggers and GWS being the best to clubs to offer picks we want..
i dont see us taking more than 3 picks

should be either split 2 or trade f1 not both and tbh happy just sticking with what we have and going 2,62 and upgrade a rookie

and also pinks trigger you happily pay out if it came to it

The mistake people are making is they're falling in love with names (this draft) whereas in comparison to next year's draft they are just numbers at this stage. F1 is easy to dismiss against the bird in the hand of this draft, until your F1 has a name, a profile, some stats, a youtube clip or 10 and some testing results. Its a nuffy mistake, and hopefully one our club is not going to make again.
Not quite true. I know the players who are likely to be at the top end of next years top 10 at this stage.
There could be some kids who come from the clouds like an Alix Tauru this year, there always is.
Sharp, Greeves, Rodriguez etc. are decent looking midfielders, but if we get one this year, do we need another?
Ludowyke and Duursma look good key position prospects but not sure they're as good as the talls this year.
Are we better off getting one of Armstrong/Shanahan/Whitlock/Gerreyn in now to work with Darling?
It is hard to compare because you have to account for the extra 12 months of development and we'd want it to be a good deal based on next year's pick being a likely top 5 pick.

As others have said, our pick 2 will be pick 3 after Ashcroft bid at pick 2.
Tigers pick 6 may end up as pick 8 (Ashcroft bid at 2 and Kako at 5) or might even be 9 (if Lombard is also bid on early), their pick 10/11 will be 13/14 (assuming Ashcroft/Kako/Lombard all bid before pick 10) and there pick 20 (23/24) or 23 (26/27) or 24 (28/29) move back with a bid on Sam Marshall in the early 20's.
So pick 2(3) for 6 (8/9) and 10/11 (13/14) has to be the starting point imo. Close to the Wardlaw trade roughly.
This is only valid if all players are available to be taken by all clubs but as they are not then the picks stay the same.

i dont see us taking more than 3 picks

should be either split 2 or trade f1 not both and tbh happy just sticking with what we have and going 2,62 and upgrade a rookie

and also pinks trigger you happily pay out if it came to it
I dont think we should but you realise they are 100% taking Stevens

I get neither Lazz nor Drury are at the talent level to move the needle and send us flying up the ladder, but they both put in from day dot to all the way through this offseason. I wish them nothing but the best in their futures.

I can tell you that from my point of view if Cooper gets another deal I will be holding him to the highest possible standards of professionalism.
He’s a very lucky young fella to still have a job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When hard work simply isnt enough.

Both gave it an honest crack but at the end of the day when your trick bag is rather bare you really need a point of difference. Both good citizens but unfortunately relatively low ceilings.

Drury interesting highlight reel, never seen anyone sprint off the ground with such vigour after being dragged.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back