List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

It is also surprising that people have the approach ‘this draft is deep, so top picks more valuable this year’. If the draft isn’t as deep next year, and there is strong top end talent, why wouldn’t you want to get a high pick next year in a compromised draft?
Exactly.

If next year's draft depth is supposed to be weaker than this year then the top few picks ought to be premium.

Potentially, pick 4 or thereabouts should earn two firsts of around 10 and 11 along with an exciting death ride for the recipient of our F1.

Of course, we know that our F1 is probably going to be something like 12 to 15 or maybe worse, but let's keep that quiet!

Lot of undervaluing of our F1 on here imo.

We've held a top 10 pick for 8 years in a row. Top 2 pick 5 years in a row.

We can should value it at a top 5 pick valuation, top 8 at worst.

Obviously combos of picks may equate to this, ie 10 + 11 etc.
Unfortunately there are several teams looking to use future picks to trade into this draft and nobody wanting to trade out. We won't get value for our F1, best to keep it for next year.

Now that's an interesting question The Big O! Firstly, yes they need a key forward, but as I've explained before they need midfielders, gun midfielders. Melbourne , St Kilda and Richmond all have the chance to get the gun midfielders they require, now Richmond will get ONE with pick #1, after Richmond's first pick of the draft, they along with Melbourne and St Kilda all have choices to make, as to whether they trade for our pick #2 or not. Carlton have defied the "no one will trade up in this even draft, when you can get a similar talent around those early picks", really? I think someone will do it, but its a choice for those clubs to ponder.

"Will Armstrong still be there at 10 or 11 if we split 2"? That's an even better question "O", they could be, I've gone over this countless times in my head as to what players each club might select and my scenario is a lot different to other suggestions and yes someone always springs a surprise so its extremely difficult, everyone seems to be keeping very quiet on who their really keen on and that's factoring in a few pick swaps even though opposition supporters think that is very wishful thinking that this happens.

My guess is that the Saints at pick #8 IF they keep their picks might grab him with that second pick, but in my opinion like the Demons they try and grab two gun midfielders which they need, but that just opens up a Pandora's box of questions and statements because I don't think the Saints will get a gun mid at either pick {pick 7 and 8}, they will be gone and other players are being brought up, but they are not the gun mid/mids that they need.

So if the Saints don't grab him I think he'll be there, but who is number #1 on Will Thursfield's whiteboard, I'm about 99% sure its either Alix Tauru or Harry Armstrong and between now and the next four weeks the same questions and answers will be put to people, I've seen other players in mock drafts picked by us and the person/ people doing it try to be different, and then who we have picked up later and it makes no sense, but I guess its all a bit of fun and with a month still to go, people are getting restless so anything related to the draft will get looked at and their are some good mock drafts out there where the person has actually researched most clubs needs as well as common sense picks.

I reckon if we keep 2 there’ll be some surprise at who is #1 on the draft board. It’s almost certainly a mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back