List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

With the articles slowly getting worse, I’m realising this is going to be a helluva hard three weeks to get through 😂 6 and 11 for 2 and a F1 from a team that has finished bottom 2 for five years running is some sort of stupid.
You know, the next three weeks are going to be like three months and more silly scenario's from not only journo's but some opposition fans as well, because we only have picks #2 and #62, that is all going to change, if we don't delist anyone else and say we do end up with three more first round picks, that tells you everything, things will happen even if some opposition supporters joke that it is no chance of happening. Lots of scenario's to play out here and my opinion is the stage is set, who makes the first move, Melbourne, St Kilda or Richmond for our pick #2. :smilev1:

No At the very least has to be 6,18 and 20

They can get my prized f3 with p2

But 2 for 6 and 11 should be what we aim for and not settle for less than any of the above
The last sentence is the go, it all depends who our second guy is, if its say Harry, then it has to be pick #10 because with the tigers picking before us they would snap him up, if Harry's not our guy and we think we can still get our boy at pick #11 then that is the deal, maybe with a future second or third thrown in.

How likely we just keep pick 2 at this point?

I think this is the raging favorite and something will be moved in from next year, whether we get a team to bite F1 or F2. There’s two or three guys in this real top end it would be criminal to pass up.

A lot of posters suggesting any trade for pick 2 won't happen until the night, I find this unlikely. Live trades like this are rare. I'm not sure why this year would be so different unless people think teams would trade up for FOS but not Lalor (or the other way around).
Only suggestion I would make is there is no rush/need to trade out of that spot for us. If a trade is going to happen it will be worked out prior to the draft "in principle" if it isnt with the Tigers (if it was with Tigers we may take to other sides this is our offer can you beat it). Last year it was the GWS pick where Adelaide traded for it. We also did have a trade in principle with an undisclosed party but the player they wanted fell to their spot so the trade didnt happen. My feel is it was Sydney and we were both targeting Green.

Only suggestion I would make is there is no rush/need to trade out of that spot for us. If a trade is going to happen it will be worked out prior to the draft "in principle" if it isnt with the Tigers (if it was with Tigers we may take to other sides this is our offer can you beat it). Last year it was the GWS pick where Adelaide traded for it. We also did have a trade in principle with an undisclosed party but the player they wanted fell to their spot so the trade didnt happen. My feel is it was Sydney and we were both targeting Green.
Makes sense. If the best offer is from the Tigers it would be done before the draft. The only reason I see that it could be live traded was if Melbourne, St Kilda, or whoever, wanted to make sure that their player didn't get taken at 1.

Truth of it all is nobody knows anything and jurno's just talk crap and supporters get agro

only a game
Yes that is spot on, however, {you knew there was a however coming didn't you?} that last line is incorrect,
"ITS MORE THAN A GAME, oh the fortune of fame"! :D

Makes sense. If the best offer is from the Tigers it would be done before the draft. The only reason I see that it could be live traded was if Melbourne, St Kilda, or whoever, wanted to make sure that their player didn't get taken at 1.
I also tend to have a slight thought the AFL may impact timing for excitement on draft night.

Interesting for all the talk last year with Harley and us going to be bent over to move up all we offered was pick 3 and 17. Never offered pick 2 according to all the reports and never offered the 3 first rounders (Outside of late first rounders)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As final delisting have to be made by the 31st October we will know by Nov 1st how many picks we are looking at going for and that will decide what the plans are for pick#2 and our F1st..

As final delisting have to be made by the 31st October we will know by Nov 1st how many picks we are looking at going for and that will decide what the plans are for pick#2 and our F1st..
Can we rookie in the PSD and elevate to senior list? There’s every chance we keep pick 2 and fill the rest of the list gaps with werribee players

Makes more sense. A small child has about as much understanding of the concept of tomorrow morning as a Big Footy poster does of 2026.
There was this song I misheard the lyrics to for years. When I finally worked them out they seemed less appropriate so i'm gonna post what i originally heard here cos it ... fits.

I'm feeling good, I'm feeling so fine
Eat dirt tomorrow but that's just some other time.

I just have a sick feeling if we split the #2, and take 2 other later first rounders we are going to regret it.

I often think about the 1984 NBA draft and how a young Michael Jordan went at Pick #3. The first pick was Hakeem Olajuwon who had an awesome career. Sam Bowie went at #2 (not a great career). There was some quality in later picks (Barkley, Stockton etc), but also some real shite who never quite made it.

So Brady, take the Bird (#2) in the hand here, and ignore the two in the bush. If the Tigs or Go Dees offer you something insanely crazy, then humor them for 24 hours and then tell them they need to do better.

For my 2 cents worth, I love the look of Harvey Langford. He Looks ready to play in round 1 in 2025.

I just have a sick feeling if we split the #2, and take 2 other later first rounders we are going to regret it.

I often think about the 1984 NBA draft and how a young Michael Jordan went at Pick #3. The first pick was Hakeem Olajuwon who had an awesome career. Sam Bowie went at #2 (not a great career). There was some quality in later picks (Barkley, Stockton etc), but also some real shite who never quite made it.

So Brady, take the Bird (#2) in the hand here, and ignore the two in the bush. If the Tigs or Go Dees offer you something insanely crazy, then humor them for 24 hours and then tell them they need to do better.

For my 2 cents worth, I love the look of Harvey Langford. He Looks ready to play in round 1 in 2025.
I think the club wants to draft talls.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back