List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Points have nothing to do with it. If we're taking a forward and the best deal we can get is 6 and 18 then of course we'll take it. Armstrong or the Viking will be there at 6 and we get another crack at 18, which could turn out to be a very good player. We get no value out of picking either at 2.
Not if we rate one of them and that one is off the board at 6. 18 is not enough for that sort of hit, not getting a top 2 player on your board and then missing your top key forward.

Adding to the chorus, the longer we hold the higher the value of #2. It  may swing either way if we take it to the draft to sell though. ie - there might be desperate buyers but equally clubs might want to be pretty set in their strategies by the actual day rather than throw a last second Hail Mary.

But we are very likely to hold the last gettable top 3 pick. Carlton traded up with a purpose and Richmond almost certainly won't shift out of #1.

Eventually someone might overreach and offer something ridiculously compelling.

Adding to the chorus, the longer we hold the higher the value of #2. It  may swing either way if we take it to the draft to sell though. ie - there might be desperate buyers but equally clubs might want to be pretty set in their strategies by the actual day rather than throw a last second Hail Mary.

But we are very likely to hold the last gettable top 3 pick. Carlton traded up with a purpose and Richmond almost certainly won't shift out of #1.

Agree, hold until we are on the clock. If we get a offer we really like then take it, if not take the best available. If adding another young gun to our large list of young guns is the worst scenario, we are laughing.

We don't need to make a bad trade just because we have one good pick. We have the second best pick and if someone wants it, they have to pay for it.

I'm more than happy to take FOS is he is there at 2. That's a great outcome. If we get an even better outcome, then great. Some others here will be happy to change FOS with another of the top 5 mids in the draft and be just as happy.

I suspect that we'll still have pick 2 on draft night and we will have spoken to a few clubs about what they might be prepared to offer depending on who the Tigers take with pick 1. We'll then have 5 minutes to auction pick 2 to the best bidder and if not we simply use pick 2. We really can't lose.

No longer exists. Delisting them means that they are open to everyone to take in the drafts.

Also, we have 3 spots left, 2 primary, 1 rookie.

I’ve got our list count as 35 seniors and 6 rookies (Maley, Payne, Teakle, Pink, Hansen & K.Dawson). Is this right? This would give us 3 senior spots to take us to 38. This is all assuming we are allowed to keep the additional 2 rookies which I haven’t seen anything on but seems like the club is acting like they will be retained.

Does Dawson need to be upgraded? I thought he had an extra year as a mid season pick up.

I’ve got our list count as 35 seniors and 6 rookies (Maley, Payne, Teakle, Pink, Hansen & K.Dawson). Is this right? This would give us 3 senior spots to take us to 38. This is all assuming we are allowed to keep the additional 2 rookies which I haven’t seen anything on but seems like the club is acting like they will be retained.

Does Dawson need to be upgraded? I thought he had an extra year as a mid season pick up.
Pink is on the primary list as he was picked up as a DFA. Dawson is going into his 3rd year on the rookie list, picked up in the 2022 MSD.

I’ve seen mixed things about which list pink is on

Footywire has him as a rookie

If so then you are right

And if not I expect to delist him to the rookie list so he’ll be there anyway

I’ve seen mixed things about which list pink is on

Footywire has him as a rookie

If so then you are right

And if not I expect to delist him to the rookie list so he’ll be there anyway
Pink is definitely on the primary, we had 9 rookies (Shiels, Free, Hansen, Dawson, Maley, Sellars, Drury, Teakle and Payne) this year.

I think what we have to asses is at pick 2 who does the club rate? Only real talk i have heard is we love Tauru and we a very interested in FOS. I honestly havent heard us linked to other players except for light talk about Lalor.

I think Langford fits our midfield well but doesnt have the upside of Lalor or FOS for me.

I think what we have to asses is at pick 2 who does the club rate? Only real talk i have heard is we love Tauru and we a very interested in FOS. I honestly havent heard us linked to other players except for light talk about Lalor.

I think Langford fits our midfield well but doesnt have the upside of Lalor or FOS for me.
Personally, I'm hoping we don't draft no donkeys.

It's pretty funny that so many oppo supporters think we are locked into accepting worse than pick 13 for our F1 because there were reports of us offering our F1 for 13 but having the offer rejected. We never saw the full extent of that offer because it didn't come to pass but there were obviously a lot of moving parts all designed around Houston. That pick 13 ended up changing hands along with 5 players and 7 other picks. The high likelihood is that if we were part of the multi-club trade, it wouldn't have been as simple as F1 for 13.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty funny that so many oppo supporters think we are locked into accepting worse than pick 13 for our F1 because there were reports of us offering our F1 for 13 but having the offer rejected. We never saw the full extent of that offer because it didn't come to pass but there were obviously a lot of moving parts all designed around Houston. That pick 13 ended up changing hands along with 5 players and 7 other picks. The high likelihood is that if we were part of the multi-club trade, it wouldn't have been as simple as F1 for 13.

Yes, as if we are bound by precedent of something that didn't happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back