List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Start with picks 2, 22, 40, 58 & 64

1. Pick 64 to West Coast for Darling.
2. Stephenson to Sydney for Parker.
3. Picks 2, 40 & 2025 2nd pick to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20 & 38.
4. Picks 22, 38 & 58 to Brisbane for picks 18 & 53.
5. Lazzaro and pick 53 to Adelaide for pick 42.

Finish with picks 6, 12, 18, 20 & 42.

At the draft:

7 - Armstrong
15 - Berry
22 - Hannaford
27 - Gerreyn
46 - Mraz

Out: Thomas, Greenwood, Nyuon, Taylor, Stephenson, Lazzaro & Pink (re-rookie).
In: Darling, Parker, Armstrong, Berry, Hannaford, Gerreyn & Mraz.

Rookies:
Out: Shiels, Free & Sellers
In: Pink
Not bad. However the Stephenson to Sydney part is lol worthy. I have it on good authority (my own) that no club would want him.

Not bad. However the Stephenson to Sydney part is lol worthy. I have it on good authority (my own) that no club would want him.
You’re probably right, but he’s an interesting one. Very much an icing player and by the time one of those would be really good for us, he’ll be done. But I could see him going to a contender next year and kicking 35 goals.

Start with picks 2, 22, 40, 58 & 64

1. Pick 64 to West Coast for Darling.
2. Stephenson to Sydney for Parker.
3. Picks 2, 40 & 2025 2nd pick to Gold Coast for picks 6, 12, 20 & 38.
4. Picks 22, 38 & 58 to Brisbane for picks 18 & 53.
5. Lazzaro and pick 53 to Adelaide for pick 42.

Finish with picks 6, 12, 18, 20 & 42.

At the draft:

7 - Armstrong
15 - Berry
22 - Hannaford
27 - Gerreyn
46 - Mraz

Out: Thomas, Greenwood, Nyuon, Taylor, Stephenson, Lazzaro & Pink (re-rookie).
In: Darling, Parker, Armstrong, Berry, Hannaford, Gerreyn & Mraz.

Rookies:
Out: Shiels, Free & Sellers
In: Pink
Why the **** you giving a pick to west coast?

You’re probably right, but he’s an interesting one. Very much an icing player and by the time one of those would be really good for us, he’ll be done. But I could see him going to a contender next year and kicking 35 goals.
He wouldn't get a game at a contender. Sydney thrive on work ethic.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

For Darling. It says it right there in my post.
Foolish. West coast should be giving us their pick 23 with Darling for us taking 800k off their books or i’d be saying no ****ing deal.

Remember Geelong received pick 7 for a salary dump. Giving them any picks in return you’re no better than Brady.

Your trade scenario is swiss 🧀 what the hell is Sydney going to do with Jaidyn?

These suggested trade scenarios mind **** me.

****ing give west coast a pick for Darling. **** that, they can keep the big ducking spud

The reason I think we still need to go to the draft is to get in before Tassie starts drafting/trading in 2026.
There's no going back to that well necessarily during the 2026-2030 years if it's compromised.
There's a balance to be had as to how many 18 year olds vs mature draftees or trades.
This year we might not get a Houston, so it's 3-5 kids in a deeper draft and a couple of experience guys in late trades.
Next year who knows, we might feel like we've got enough in that Wardlaw/Sheez age group and we start trading a 1st out for a Lever/May type if we're better like Dees did and draft a Fritsch in the 2nd round at the same time.
That's up to the list and recruiting team to figure out what the balance is each year.

Don’t disagree with this. Balance is good but after 5-6 long years, if opportunity arises then I will back the club to back themselves in.

We need to start winning some games or we will have ruined a generation of players careers and lost a generation of fans.

I think even Clarko publicly stated that he won’t be filling up with so many mature age players to stunt the growth of the youth so it sounds like they have a balanced perspective as well.

I feel like we can pretty much lock in 2 deals

Pick 64 for Darling
Pick 40 for Parker

Then it’s whether we get Daniel or houston

And which cheap small forward (konstanty or Garcia)
Sick Hugh Jackman GIF by First We Feast

Foolish. West coast should be giving us their pick 23 with Darling for us taking 800k off their books or i’d be saying no ****ing deal.

Remember Geelong received pick 7 for a salary dump. Giving them any picks in return you’re no better than Brady.

Your trade scenario is swiss 🧀 what the hell is Sydney going to do with Jaidyn?

These suggested trade scenarios mind **** me.

*ing give west coast a pick for Darling. * that, they can keep the big ducking spud
That’s a lot of anger for this early in the morning DuckYeah 😲

But, FWIW, I tend to agree re Darling. I really only put it in that scenario because it was a surplus pick with the number of list spots I had. It was either Harvey or pick 64, and I’d like to give Harvey another year.

For Darling, the salary dump is half the size of the pick 7 to Geelong trade and we are unlikely to see a repeat of that rort again anyway, but $800k is not insignificant. Depends on how the salary split goes, but if we are taking on a large chunk of his salary then absolutely the pick trade should be in our favour. 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like we can pretty much lock in 2 deals

Pick 64 for Darling
Pick 40 for Parker

Then it’s whether we get Daniel or houston

And which cheap small forward (konstanty or Garcia)
How many years does Parker have left on his deal at Sydney and how much is he on? Same sort of thing in that if we are taking on a large salary then we shouldn’t be paying much in draft picks.

That’s a lot of anger for this early in the morning DuckYeah 😲

But, FWIW, I tend to agree re Darling. I really only put it in that scenario because it was a surplus pick with the number of list spots I had. It was either Harvey or pick 64, and I’d like to give Harvey another year.

For Darling, the salary dump is half the size of the pick 7 to Geelong trade and we are unlikely to see a repeat of that rort again anyway, but $800k is not insignificant. Depends on how the salary split goes, but if we are taking on a large chunk of his salary then absolutely the pick trade should be in our favour. 👍

Everyone wants something for free.

Sheezel made mistakes too. He made some bad rookie errors which essentially cost us the Eagles game in Tassie.
It's an interesting one because players like Sheezel and Cripps have high average score involvements but also can turn it over a bit probably because they take on more aggressive kicks. In that Eagles game Sheezel also had 10 score involvements which is 2 higher than the best player's average - Bont with 8 a game.

Kennedy for a 2nd? Rofl...

Not a chance.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah. They've been making lukewarm attempts at clearing the books to land a big fish.

Although I'm starting to wonder whether its really coming down to either us or staying at Port for Houston.

I don't think Port will accept Carlton's Pick 11, or its F1, with a second rounder thrown in.

I don't think Carlton will be prepared to offer Pick 11 and its F1.

I think Port would accept pick 2 or F1 from us, with a second rounder coming back, as the basis of a Houston deal. I think they'd also accept something like pick 6, if we could split the pick with Gold Coast.

But how much does Houston want to play for North? We shall see.

We shouldn’t be made to look trade fools (again) for someone like Darling. He ain’t a big ‘get’, it reeks of desperation. Should basically be for nothing, we are doing WCE a favour here not the other way around.
Yes , alright… who should we target then ? You need to consider where we are at as an attractive destination club for a potential star player .
How about Patty Cripps , Bont & N Daicos you reckon we go for them instead …?
This is where we are as a club NO One decent will come to us … even if we target them .
Watch the Houston one fall over when he nominates Carltank and the next day news headline will read “North fail again in luring trade target”

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back