List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't Darling " scared " of needles ? You know, like the ones 7.8 billion other people took to save the planet ? Little kids in Peru, elderly people in Japan, sick people with cancer, kidney failure etc ?
Go get another vaccine mate, you saved the world 👏

It's not fantasy football.

You've listed a combination of people that had to choose to play for us and didn't, and who we weren't in a realistic position to draft.

Maybe make a realistic list and it'll only have a few names on it.

2020 was the year we missed a few. Peter Wright was available cheaply for trade, while we could have drafted McDonald, Treacy or Ollie Lord. We also could have taken Cooper Sharman in the next MSD instead of Charlie Ham (albeit more of a third tall).

Even taking one of Treacy/Lord instead of Lazzaro or Spicer and that's already a huge difference to our list profile. We'd just traded Brown for cents in the dollar too, but for some reason were intent on the smallest draft haul in AFL history.

Last edited:
He’s a cooker

There must be a reverse word to “cooker” for our former Head of Marketing coming out on Twitter and slamming Rawlings for potentially picking up Darling after we declined to offer his vegan-bro, Ben Brown, $1 million X 4 years for his output in his last 45 games at Melbourne.

I’m certain there’s a word for this, but it’s escaping me at the moment.

There must be a reverse word to “cooker” for our former Head of Marketing coming out on Twitter and slamming Rawlings for potentially picking up Darling after we declined to offer his vegan-bro, Ben Brown, $1 million X 4 years for his output in his last 45 games at Melbourne.

I’m certain there’s a word for this, but it’s escaping me at the moment.
I think the word is cooked

Darling can only come if he has a licence to call out anyone putting in less than 100% on field and at training. We need players that will drive standards.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
He might end up with laryngitis after the first week 😎. Parker (or another hard arse campaigner we recruit) can then pick up the slack for the 2nd week.

One thing not mentioned is the development of both Dawsons and our other young backs in internal drills with playing 1 on 1 with the likes of Darling over the Summer. If it’s true he is a great trainer and professional, then these boys could also learn a great deal from him.

Last edited:
Pagan once said when Carlton grabbed Mick Martyn at the backend of his career. He talked about Mick going to the weight room lifting heavy and inspiring the boys around to improve and lift to his standard.

If we get buy in from Darling he could help set a standard. Not to be on feild talent but to set standards.
Micky Martyn and Jack Darling - really. You are trying to compare these 2 in terms of setting on field and off field standards?

Stringer Larkey Darling

Thoughts?
ill i feel sick GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to think myself a tolerant man, but the mere thought of Jake stringer in blue and white makes me sympathise with why someone would become a jihadist.
You’ll be getting a knock on your door from the Feds after that comment

It's not fantasy football.

You've listed a combination of people that had to choose to play for us and didn't, and who we weren't in a realistic position to draft.

Maybe make a realistic list it'll only have a few names on it.

He wanted a list of available players. I gave him one.

Do you know all the offers and contract terms from NM of the listed players? How do you know whether they were realistically gettable?

Every draftable player was a realistic and actionable pick. We've had never-ending top 5 draft picks to negotiate multiple trades, it's just our list manager was ultra focused on mids instead of a good balanced list, and we have 5 bottom 2 finishes to show for it.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Isn't Darling " scared " of needles ? You know, like the ones 7.8 billion other people took to save the planet ? Little kids in Peru, elderly people in Japan, sick people with cancer, kidney failure etc ?
I just thought he was uncomfortable with chest marks 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back