List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

No that wasn't what I was saying! I was asking if any of these plethora of kids are currently being left out because Parker is in? I can't think of any

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn't be surprised to see Sheldrick to step up next year. Very similar type of player to Parker I think.

Said he heard voices telling him to build a Cotton On franchise in the middle of a veggie field in Waurn Ponds.
People will come, Bailey. They’ll come to Waurn Ponds for reasons they can’t even fathom. They’ll park in your car park,
not knowing for sure why they’re doing it.

They’ll arrive at your door, as innocent as children, longing for a bargain. “Of course, we won’t mind if you look around.”
You’ll say. “It’s 2 for 1 Sale.”

And they’ll walk off to Women's Jackets & Coats, Nighties & Rompers and Men's Graphic Tees, and they'll try on Fleeces & Sweats and browse Crops and Skirts & Dresses on a perfect afternoon.

People will come, Bailey. The one constant through all the years Bailey, has been Geelong's "Salary Cap". Geelong's "Salary Cap" has marked the test of time. This Cotton On franchise, this Costa's Fruit & Produce stand, is a part of us, Bailey. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh, people will come, Bailey. People most definitely will come.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the one that listened to that and thought he is probably going to sign of for 2 years at Sydney?
He may well do that. But reallity is such that he will likely lose his spot in the side next season. If North is offering 3 years on better money, it is quite possible that it would tempt him. But of course he could well sign a contract exension at the Swans, but I doubt they would offer more than one more season on top of what already has.

Last edited:
People will come, Bailey. They’ll come to Waurn Ponds for reasons they can’t even fathom. They’ll park in your car park,
not knowing for sure why they’re doing it.

They’ll arrive at your door, as innocent as children, longing for a bargain. “Of course, we won’t mind if you look around.”
You’ll say. “It’s 2 for 1 sale.”

And they’ll walk off to Women's Jackets & Coats, Nighties & Rompers and Men's Graphic Tees, and they'll try on Fleeces & Sweats and sit in their Crops and Skirts & Dresses on a perfect afternoon.

People will come, Bailey. The one constant through all the years Bailey, has been Geelong's "Salary Cap". Geelong's "Salary Cap" has marked the test of time. This Cotton On franchise, this Costa's Fruit & Produce stand, is a part of us, Bailey. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh, people will come, Bailey. People most definitely will come.

You can only read this if you have the voice of James Earl Jones living rent free in your head.

Swans fan rings up Dwayne and complains they took Dyl Stephens and Matt Ling instead of both De Koning brothers lol.
Sounds like some other teams can butcher their 1st rounders as well as us.
Yet we then went and gave them a pretty good pick for Stephens, while giving him a long term deal

Jy alone.
Neither of the co captains should be anywhere near the captaincy from next year.

With the performance of the side under their watch, it’s time to move on.

In 99% of cases I would agree with you, but with a team like ours...
A team like ours is very tight and despite being bereft of leaders I think that bringing in a player from another club and elevating him to Captain could only be done under exceptional circumstances if, for example, we were to land say Cripps or Bont which clearly ain't happening.

When Liam Sheils retired this year everyone said his leadership and what he brought to the club was invaluable, you don't need to be Captain to have a big impact on the playing group.

Last edited:
Regardless of his experience I don't think you just parachute a player in from another team and make them Captain. By all means put him in the leadership group.
Barry Davis did exactly that and led NM wonderfully. He handed over to a 21 YO David Dench. This is precisely what should happen with Luke and Harry if we are able to get Luke.

Neither of the co captains should be anywhere near the captaincy from next year.

With the performance of the side under their watch, it’s time to move on.
I disagree. What we need is stability right now just listen to how Harry for example talks about Jy. I never have agreed with the 2 captain idea for one minute So for me its Jy alone. Who do you think then.

A team like ours is very tight and despite being bereft of leaders I think that bringing in a player from another club and elevating him to Captain could only be done under exceptional circumstances if, for example, we were to land say Cripps or Bont which clearly ain't happening.
I'm curious. Why would Cripps provide the necessary "exceptional" rationale for North?

At least Parker actually has a history of actually getting his team somewhere worthwhile.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back