List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The Dogs moved him out of this position for a reason. His weaknesses are bigger than his strengths. And if we are recruiting someone just for this role, I would want a more penetrating kick than Daniel.
They moved him out because they have Bailey Dale, who is also a better kick than anyone in our team, bar Sheezel (and maybe Colby).

We are the worst performing side in decades.

NMFC BF: Nah don't want him, don't want him either... are we really considering him?

We are kidding ourselves if we think we're better than what's out there.
A quarter of our list is recycled players.

Check them out: Greenwood, Shiels, Stevo, Tucker, Stephens, Fisher, CCJ, Biggie, Pink, Teakle, Logue.

Whilst Shiels was handy for a couple of years, only Logue (who has barely played) would be in our top 18 players. The rest are fringe or list cloggers. We would be better off cutting the lot than adding to them.

Surprised to read that Freo are lowballing O’Driscoll.

There’s a quality player there.

The annual tradition of the Dockers acting as a feeder club for wingers continues.
Has had a few injury concerns over the last 12 months and his kicking still needs work. Sharp (who I wanted over Stephens fyi), has come in and pretty much taken his wing. Plus they have Clark, Aish, Switkowski and others that rotate on the other wing.

Caleb Daniel would be another error in a long list of errors.

Short n slow, surely we have enough slow players already .
Another soft half back that is a complete liabaility defensively? Where do I sign up? Would be so stupid if we went down that path.

NMFC BF: Nah don't want him, don't want him either... are we really considering him?

It's about adding the right pieces to the puzzle. If you add the wrong pieces or just add experience for the sake of it like we've done in the past then you end up with a whole heap of mercenaries like Fisher, Stephens, Polec, Hall and Stephenson who really don't contribute off field or on field.

Adding front running types (Mcrae & Daniel) to our list as it stands, will not achieve anything. We needed hardened bodies who lead by example, (like Parker).

Adding front running types (Mcrae & Daniel) to our list as it stands, will not achieve anything. We needed hardened bodies who lead by example, (like Parker).
Here are two sets of career averages.

Which one is our revered captain and which one is a front running type who won't help us achieve anything.

1725926502187.png

Do agree to most part. I still think Macrae would add much needed experience also a Premiership player. He has been there done that it’s invaluable imo
Imagine the standards Macrae, Parker and Darling would set. Something our players have never seen before. I think we have the talent, just lack the standards and senior experience

A quarter of our list is recycled players.

Check them out: Greenwood, Shiels, Stevo, Tucker, Stephens, Fisher, CCJ, Biggie, Pink, Teakle, Logue.

Whilst Shiels was handy for a couple of years, only Logue (who has barely played) would be in our top 18 players. The rest are fringe or list cloggers. We would be better off cutting the lot than adding to them.
Sleevo was in our best players before he ****ed his hip. His issues are upstairs but when they aren't a problem he plays well.

Tucker, Fisher and Stephens are all in our best 18 cos they regularly start games on the ground, maybe only one of them should be but that means its up to other players to push them out of the side. The argument could be made that Teakle is too. He is certainly one of our best two or three contested marking players. He's played a handful of games and averages more contested marks than a bunch of players with better reputations at other clubs.

There is a premiership player who was delisted by the Suns of all clubs so writing players off cos they have been recycled from other clubs might be cutting our options to improve.

It’s baffling some of the players posters are willing to cast aside as not good enough for North. The club is on a hiding to nothing.

Matt Owies still has no contract
It would be blatant malpractice of anyone involved in recruiting at north melbourne footy club not to have reached out to his management.

God, I actually can’t believe I said that about Owies. I thought he’d play 4 game over a season and get delisted when I first saw him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slightly off topic…anybody heard anything about us re Simmo ? Would have thought it would be a great get & great story to bring him home as a Director Of Coaching ( Opposition analyst / game trends etc ).
After watching AFL360, Simmo seems to think that if his kids want to stay in WA thats up to them...It might be the time to chase him and try to get him back in some capacity..

Imagine a forward line of Darling and Lobb... :sick:
Wouldn't mind Lobb if he was put in Chom's role from this year. Play Chom forward with say Larkey and Darling with the option of moving him back if needed. Really useful swingman now.

Added in player's we've been linked to and that would be nice to have/get with a *.

Something like:

Mid-sized backs: Archer, Goater, Bergman
Half/full backs: Logue, Dawson (Will or Kal), Lobb (D/F)*
Smaller backs: McKercher (D/M), (we could use another decent small defensive back)

MIDS

Mid-sized half forwards: Curtis, Ford, Zurhaar, Duursma
Half/full forwards: Larkey, Darling*, Chom(F/D), Teakle (F/R), Pink (D/F)
Smaller forwards: Fischer (F/D), Payne, RHJ, Owies*, Rosas*

Please let me know if I've missed anyone - happy to edit/update.

Sleevo was in our best players before he ****ed his hip. His issues are upstairs but when they aren't a problem he plays well.

Tucker, Fisher and Stephens are all in our best 18 cos they regularly start games on the ground, maybe only one of them should be but that means its up to other players to push them out of the side. The argument could be made that Teakle is too. He is certainly one of our best two or three contested marking players. He's played a handful of games and averages more contested marks than a bunch of players with better reputations at other clubs.

There is a premiership player who was delisted by the Suns of all clubs so writing players off cos they have been recycled from other clubs might be cutting our options to improve.
All those players have major flaws in their game. Giving up a quarter of our list to these types isn't helping us improve. We would be better off churning through kids than trying to plug holes with journeymen.

Strawman much?

The suggestion that the flaws in Macrae's and Daniel's games are somehow comparable to CCJ, Biggie and Sleevo is absurd mate.

Here are two sets of career averages.

Which one is our revered captain and which one is a front running type who won't help us achieve anything.

View attachment 2106537

McRae isn't the same player he was 18 months ago. There is a reason why WB have moved past him. He players a selfish brand of footy that's all about him padding the stat sheet. We need leaders that run both ways and contribute with the physical elements of the game.

I'm all for adding some mature bodies to our list, but they have to be the right types. We already have enough blokes on the list who don't have a team first attitude.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back