List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

A name that has not been mentioned, and he probably is not even interested, is Mitch Duncan. See link below. He is in my opinion, hugely under-rated.

He is a dual premiership player, (maybe soon a triple premiership player) rarely plays a bad game at the Cats, has been in the Geelong/Chris Scott system since he was drafted at pick 28 in the 2009 Draft and although aged 33, still has, in my opinion, a couple of years left in him.

He and Parker would be great value, in my opinion for a couple of years. I think McRae also would be good value, given his ability to accumulate the ball and is also a premiership player.

A name that has not been mentioned, and he probably is not even interested, is Mitch Duncan. See link below. He is in my opinion, hugely under-rated.

He is a dual premiership player, (maybe soon a triple premiership player) rarely plays a bad game at the Cats, has been in the Geelong/Chris Scott system since he was drafted at pick 28 in the 2009 Draft and although aged 33, still has, in my opinion, a couple of years left in him.

He and Parker would be great value, in my opinion for a couple of years. I think McRae also would be good value, given his ability to accumulate the ball and is also a premiership player.
Great call there!

I wouldn’t assume the reason Macrae and Daniel aren’t currently in the best 22 at the dogs is entirely form related. Bevo is an absolute fruit loop, maybe they ordered poached eggs at a team breakfast when Bevo strictly prefers fried.
Maybe they ordered a bowl of Fruit Loops and Bevo thought they were taking the p$ss.

Not sure how many quality picks they’ll have left once they’ve got Bolton and Baker. :think:
True but 9 and 17/25 should get Bolton done. 17 or 25 and F2 for Baker perhaps. Still left with pick 10.
Tigers will want 9 & 10 of course but Bolton isn't worth both and Baker isn't worth 9 or 10 imo.
And that doesn't rule out using a F1 either.

Last edited:
Are these type of pick ups the ones that offer some benefit to the current lineup, like Fisher, but impede the development of younger guys getting game time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fisher and Stephens arguably were a big part of our improved performances in the second half of the season. Sheezel could move further up the ground and we had Tucker (a big bodied utility that we also got from the trade period along with Logue) playing half back.

Macrae and Daniel are both a lot better than so many players not ready to take the reigns and our senior players not pulling their weight. Parker is the strongest option of the lot but he shouldn't be the only one we target.

I don't think we realise how dire a situation we are in at the moment. There are far too many variables to rely on the crop we have and just inject Parker.

Get all of the above plus Darling and that is experience on every line which is our biggest problem. Even if they have a few years left, that is enough time for our young core to develop then we're on our way.
Fisher played in our win vs WCE. He was in the side against Pies, Dees and Dogs in that run of competitive games.
Stephens was in our wins against GC and Tigers whereas Fisher wasn't.
Does that say they both can't be in the same side? Will be interesting to keep an eye on.
Wouldn't mind trying Fisher as a forward, seems shaky down back and it kills the teams confidence.

No love for Sam Day - out of contract, won't cost a pick, will cost a spot but one l feel can help the forwards in terms on how to actually be a big KPF?

No love for Sam Day - out of contract, won't cost a pick, will cost a spot but one l feel can help the forwards in terms on how to actually be a big KPF?
I like it. But if we get Darling, I'm not sure there is list space, given our various needs elsewhere, and especially we draft a key forward or two like many of us hope we will.

He’d be on the treatment room table more often than he would be out on the track. If he was younger, sure. But he’s been around and on the injury list for long enough now to not be suckered into a move like that, I would hope anyway.

Speaking of changing shit up. As you're someone who's views are well respected around here, the below side without naming names.
How many do you feel will be gone by seasons end 2026.

View attachment 2106746

Without taking into account contract situations, I'd be pretty confident that at least 10 of them would be gone, maybe even more. I'm hoping that the 50-50's would only be depth players at that stage (unless they improve significantly)

Gone: Mcdonald, K.Dawson, Shiels (obviously), Pink and Teakle.

Highly Likely Gone: Phillips & RJH

50-50: Corr, Stephens, Fisher & Tucker

Without taking into account contract situations, I'd be pretty confident that at least 10 of them would be gone, maybe even more. I'm hoping that the 50-50's would only be depth players at that stage (unless they improve significantly)

Gone: Mcdonald, K.Dawson, Shiels (obviously), Pink and Teakle.

Highly Likely Gone: Phillips & RJH

50-50: Corr, Stephens, Fisher & Tucker

Bloody heck you named them, that will only cause grief and angst around these here parts :p

I had 10, so wonder what others think and more importantly wtf is the club doing about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back