List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh god I'm agreeing with Jay Clark
Help Me Monday GIF by Foo Fighters
Clarke is just salty his Pies can't get him now.

Please elaborate on this. West Coast only have 23 and 59.
Are we giving up a F2 to get 23 off WCE? Do you mean Pies pick 33? Dogs 32?
No I mean someone told me they heard pick 33 and Dylan Stephens for Darling. I assumed they meant we were getting Darling for free and paying WC pick 33 to take Stephens off our hands. (ie it was a joke.)

If that turns out to be a serious deal I'll drive Zondor to Arden St myself and lend him my best pitch fork.

North Melbourne are open to trading down from No.2, given they already have a good group of promising midfielders, and could select a tall with a later top-10 selection – but finding a trade partner could be a challenge.

My fear is that if some of our reported trade targets are true, we will be trading for the right talent to push for a 9th to 12th ladder position. I.e. trading in just enough moderate remaining talent from past-their-use-by-date elder statesman to escape the bottom rungs of the ladder for no man’s land. Right back to where we were before the long Brad Scott induced nightmare began.

I hope we’re not just doing all this out of desperation to get out of our hole to “anywhere but here will do”.

I get that we lack mature heads to guide the kids coming through. But if the likes of Darling are our only options, then I’m concerned. No short cuts, no sh1t cuts.
ANYWHERE BUT ****ING HERE WILL DO!!!!!!

Its gonna get done for a fourth rounder mate.

The options at that price point are Darling, Membrey or Day.

Sure we could take pick 58 to the draft and hope and pray we get the next Souv or Calsher Dear that everyone else misses, but they'll need a years development before we can hope for them to play a game, which is too late for our purposes.
Yeah that long wait for Dear to come on was a real killer

Yeah that long wait for Dear to come on was a real killer
I don’t think you understand, we will look so much better with another undersized key forward who can’t leap off the ground to compete in the air. I mean add him with Larkey’s inability to compete aerially as well, what could go wrong?!?!.

It’s not like there’s multiple teams showing athletic forwards are the way to go or anything…

My fear is that if some of our reported trade targets are true, we will be trading for the right talent to push for a 9th to 12th ladder position. I.e. trading in just enough moderate remaining talent from past-their-use-by-date elder statesman to escape the bottom rungs of the ladder for no man’s land. Right back to where we were before the long Brad Scott induced nightmare began.

I hope we’re not just doing all this out of desperation to get out of our hole to “anywhere but here will do”.

I get that we lack mature heads to guide the kids coming through. But if the likes of Darling are our only options, then I’m concerned. No short cuts, no sh1t cuts.

Shortcuts? :tearsofjoy:
I think we've thoroughly proven that our original strategy of just being monumentally shit for an extended period hasn't been the right one for us.

Also we were stuck in no-mans land because of Brad Scott, not because teams that finish 9-12th can't ever rise above that level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t think you understand, we will look so much better with another undersized key forward who can’t leap off the ground to compete in the air. I mean add him with Larkey’s inability to compete aerially as well, what could go wrong?!?!.

It’s not like there’s multiple teams showing athletic forwards are the way to go or anything…
Amazing. Show us where the ready-made athletic forwards are at. Can't wait to see them show their stuff round one.

The Age piece a bit further up said we are trying to trade down from pick 2. We wouldn't be doing that if we want to draft elite midfielders this year.

Who's the best athletic forward available to us? His name's Harry Armstrong. And he won't be ready round one.

This is where pick 58 comes in.

How many state league tall forwards do we need clogging up the list?

Teakle, Pink, Maley, CCJ, Darling. It has be BS. Or if he is coming in, we must be paying out a couple of the others.
I can see why you’re perplexed. :stern look

Christ almighty. Let's get to 9-12th first and then worry about getting up from there then. **** me.

I get the sentiment. We’re all sick of where we are.

But heck me if we end up emerging out of the wilderness into an endless cycle of mid table nothingness, all the pain will not feel worth it.

He might lay the odd tackle, which will be a novelty for our forward line.

Also, I know this sounds crazy - but we might actually draft some good key forwards this year, and the youngsters could benefit from an elder statesman showing them the craft and work required in the gym.
Call me old fashioned, but isn't it the job of the forwards coach - just checked our wikipedia page and it indicates that we don't have a dedicated forwards coach. Would never have guessed.

How many state league tall forwards do we need clogging up the list?

Teakle, Pink, Maley, CCJ, Darling. It has be BS. Or if he is coming in, we must be paying out a couple of the others.
Well if we are gonna trade for Darling and at his contracted price,,,,we may as well take Sam Day as well! Is there a chance we are taking a salary dump with a pick from WC coming our way??????

Call me old fashioned, but isn't it the job of the forwards coach - just checked our wikipedia page and it indicates that we don't have a dedicated forwards coach. Would never have guessed.
Xav Clarke is our forwards coach.

Relax, it'll be pick 58 or thereabouts.

We're probably using him to reach the salary floor. No way we need WCE to contribute to his salary. So it'll get done for minimum chips.

He'll be an incremental improvement on Sellers for a couple seasons.
I’ll give you relax. Darling is cooked. And what sort of a justification is that suggesting Darling would be an improvement on Sellers? Teakle ended up being an improvement on Sellers and the dude was plucked from the WAFL. :stern look

See above.

You don't draft KPFs expecting them to play round one.
They don't have to play round 1, though Armstrong potentially could, because of his work rate. We have Larkey and Comben and if we want a third tall, we have four back-up talls already on the list. Adding a fifth, in Darling, makes no sense to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back