List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll give you relax. Darling is cooked. And what sort of a justification is that suggesting Darling would be an improvement on Sellers? Teakle ended up being an improvement on Sellers and the dude was plucked from the WAFL. :stern look
Brady Rawlings as we speak … very busy looking for our next trade target recruits…
tmp.gif

You miss 💯 of every shot you don’t take
History says you need 3.6 fourth rounders to get a 50 game player. Doesn't sound like a great strategy for buying us a year while our promising draftee readies himself.

I’ll give you relax. Darling is cooked. And what sort of a justification is that suggesting Darling would be an improvement on Sellers? Teakle ended up being an improvement on Sellers and the dude was plucked from the WAFL. :stern look

And yet, in his annus horribilis, JD still outperformed Teakle.

1725971253430.png

But sure, lets got to the draft and get our next Hartung, Mountford or Crocker. What a compelling alternative. I can see why so many are getting fired about about it.

They don't have to play round 1, though Armstrong potentially could, because of his work rate. We have Larkey and Comben and if we want a third tall, we have four back-up talls already on the list. Adding a fifth, in Darling, makes no sense to me.
CCJ has proven himself to be no good, he'll just make Larkey's job harder, so you can scratch him off.

Maley won't be ready for round one either.

Until I hear otherwise, I expect Comben will be spending serious time in defence next year again.

👀View attachment 2107003

Thoughts?

IMO I find this a bit icky, much rather his management came out and made a statement than this. I’ll probably steer clear
Not a great look, but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was told he was free to explore his options. McCrae the same.
The dogs have had some big signings recently (Naughton & English)
They have to sign Darcy next year & JHF the year after.
Darcy will be getting offers not seen before from rival clubs & JHF won’t be far behind.
Darcy will take less being a F/S but Dogs are going to need to pay up big time!
Smith will easily get $700-900k on the open market.

LOL. Outperformed? Marginally Outperformed and that’s with Darling playing 91.3% game time as opposed to the beautiful number of 69% for Teakle. I’m telling yah Darling is cooked. :stern look
So fit he gets benched for less than a 10th of a game, and saving those interchange rotations is somehow a negative? Sure thing mate.

Go on, tell me what you'd rather spend pick 58 on.

So fit he gets benched for less than a 10th of a game, and saving those interchange rotations is somehow a negative? Sure thing mate.

Go on, tell me what you'd rather spend pick 58 on.
What part off Jack Darling is cooked don’t yah understand? What you are advocating is clogging the list further with a player that won’t make a difference to our football club. Zero difference. I suggest you read Vapour’s post. His mail is impeccable. It’s another reason why we should not be recruiting Darling. :stern look

What part off Jack Darling is cooked don’t yah understand? What you are advocating is clogging the list further with a player that won’t make a difference to our football club. Zero difference. I suggest you read Vapour’s post. His mail is impeccable. It’s another reason why we should not be recruiting Darling. :stern look
You don't have an alternative for the pick so you're just venting.

Fact of the matter is we need to replace a lot of players with not very many picks, and we're hardly a free agent destination club. If you wanna get grumpy that we aren't landing prime Buddy with a fourth rounder, go right ahead.

Darling it hurts to see you down in the trade thread tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You don't have an alternative for the pick so you're just venting.

Fact of the matter is we need to replace a lot of players with not very many picks, and we're hardly a free agent destination club. If you wanna get grumpy that we aren't landing prime Buddy with a fourth rounder, go right ahead.

Darling it hurts to see you down in the trade thread tonight.
WTF? Once again, what part of Jack Darling is cooked don’t you understand? What part of it? Forget about who else we would pick up with pick 69 or whatever. The dude is cooked! Comprende! :stern look

I get the sentiment. We’re all sick of where we are.

But heck me if we end up emerging out of the wilderness into an endless cycle of mid table nothingness, all the pain will not feel worth it.
The problem was being mid-table and having the oldest list in the league.

History says you need 3.6 fourth rounders to get a 50 game player. Doesn't sound like a great strategy for buying us a year while our promising draftee readies himself.

And yet, in his annus horribilis, JD still outperformed Teakle.

View attachment 2107067

But sure, lets got to the draft and get our next Hartung, Mountford or Crocker. What a compelling alternative. I can see why so many are getting fired about about it.
Is darling on the right? He tackles quite a bit. Is that normal for a forward? Obviously we wouldn’t know

Ralphy's pick 30 justification is so idiotic, it's incredible that paid footy journos can be this out of whack.

Why would North, who are guaranteed to be struggling to pay the salary floor, want West Coast to pay some of the salary for Darling, just so we can give them a better draft pick?

The whole premise of including salary in trades is to benefit teams closer to the cap, who would value cap space over draft capital. That's 100% not North.

I was somewhat keen on Darling last year with a 2 year deal. Would’ve allowed us to not rely on Toby Pink to create something that somewhat resembled forward structure.

Think we’d get a goal a game average off Darling in 2025. Given current trajectory he’d be lucky to be in the VFL in 2026 though.

Don’t like our advertised deals of “atleast 2 years”. I don’t want another easily attainable contract trigger like Pink causing us to hold on for a year too long.

Membrey >

I’m willing to give him a pass atm given the pile of garbage he has to work with.
I'm not. What's he teaching them?
They all get in each other's way, all go up for the same ball, none of them seriously chase, there is often zero movement i50 and we all wonder why the mids look like shit.

Seriously, I'm over him.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back