List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

If only we had a somebody like a 300 game premiership player and former captain who still loved the club, was good mates with Brady and Clarko, and had coached the man for the last decade who we could call and ask about Darling before we approached him.
Same guy who bid on Luke Mac??? Lol

Two years for darling and pick 30 to make it happen?
Hahaha get ****ed. This better not happen
It's not gonna happen mate. 40 if we pay nearly his entire salary? Maybe.

These are the same people saying that WCE will involve #3 in a trade for Baker, yet Bailey Smith will only get Dogs around #20 because he's OOC(just like Baker...).

Relax.

He might lay the odd tackle, which will be a novelty for our forward line.

Also, I know this sounds crazy - but we might actually draft some good key forwards this year, and the youngsters could benefit from an elder statesman showing them the craft and work required in the gym.
IMG_6044.jpeg

Wrap ya lips around this KFC mega-deal Rooboys Rool

RFC out: Rioli, Baker, Bolton
RFC in: 2, 10, 13

GC out: 6, 13, Rosas
GC in: Rioli, 23, 64

Freo out: 9, 10
Freo in: Bolton, 22

NM out: 2, 22, 64
NM in: 6, 9, Rosas

WCE out: 23
WCE in: Baker

Make it happen Euge..

6 - Armstrong
9 - Berry
40 - Gerreyn/Shanahan
58 - Parker
76 - River
F3 & coin - Macrae

Clock off and get on the piss.

Last edited:
History says you need 3.6 fourth rounders to get a 50 game player. Doesn't sound like a great strategy for buying us a year while our promising draftee readies himself.

And yet, in his annus horribilis, JD still outperformed Teakle.

View attachment 2107067

But sure, lets got to the draft and get our next Hartung, Mountford or Crocker. What a compelling alternative. I can see why so many are getting fired about about it.
Those stats aren’t convincing me. Tesses trajectory over the year inspires me a little more than a washed up Ducking cat Darling. No thanks. Pass, move on

Is darling on the right? He tackles quite a bit. Is that normal for a forward? Obviously we wouldn’t know
He tackles in the ruck contest and fumbles. Its not like he’s running down forwards surging from half back. He’s a dud, **** off Jack. Don’t want ya.

I was somewhat keen on Darling last year with a 2 year deal. Would’ve allowed us to not rely on Toby Pink to create something that somewhat resembled forward structure.

Think we’d get a goal a game average off Darling in 2025. Given current trajectory he’d be lucky to be in the VFL in 2026 though.

Don’t like our advertised deals of “atleast 2 years”. I don’t want another easily attainable contract trigger like Pink causing us to hold on for a year too long.

Membrey >

Agree to a degree, but we need to get to the floor. I would think a Future 4th would get us pick 33 from them if we pick up his full contract! Use 64 on Parker.

Both good deals for us.

Head to the draft with 2, 22, 33, 40, 58 + Parker, Darling.

Agree to a degree, but we need to get to the floor. I would think a Future 4th would get us pick 33 from them if we pick up his full contract! Use 64 on Parker.

Both good deals for us.

Head to the draft with 2, 22, 33, 40, 58 + Parker, Darling.
We’ll need to use 40 for LP. Remember he is still contracted. Dont lowball what could go down as the greatest move in the clubs history

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see the value in his tackle numbers a kpf and apparently he has a good work ethic off field but ... yeah. We replace him and get another goal+ every two games on average and and extra two tackles per game on average.

Also...

They say history never repeats but W80 was 32 and cooked when he came to us.
I don’t think Waite was cooked. He was still kicking small bags the season before coming over.

I can see the value in his tackle numbers a kpf and apparently he has a good work ethic off field but ... yeah. We replace him and get another goal+ every two games on average and and extra two tackles per game on average.

Also...

They say history never repeats but W80 was 32 and cooked when he came to us.
The responses in the trade thread back then was eerily similar to what some are posting today.

The responses in the trade thread back then was eerily similar to what some are posting today.
Difference and change have a habit of pulling the wool over the eyes here on BF.

Who was the last player discussed as “cooked” that was available turned out to actually be cooked?

How many players have been discussed and overlooked here and gone on to have great seasons at their new clubs?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back