List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not. What's he teaching them?
They all get in each other's way, all go up for the same ball, none of them seriously chase, there is often zero movement i50 and we all wonder why the mids look like shit.

Seriously, I'm over him.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
You forgot standing with hands on hips, scowling and shaking heads when the Oppo are clearing the ball after a behind and the big one: glaring at umpires and appealing for free kicks when everyone knows that even if they are wrong, an umpire won't change their mind about a decision and that they are likely to double down and continue to ignore free kicks to the complainer.

How many state league tall forwards do we need clogging up the list?

Teakle, Pink, Maley, CCJ, Darling. It has be BS. Or if he is coming in, we must be paying out a couple of the others.

Well 2 of those are more ruckfwd, pink is a defender and Maley is yet to play a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Tesses trajectory over the year inspires me a little more than a washed up Ducking cat Darling
We can't take Tesses and play him in the forward line with Bryn Teakle in the same team. Imagine Bryan Taylor making childish purile references during the call, which I'll obviously leave to your imagination. I'm sure you get the genital idea.

Last edited:
You forgot standing with hands on hips, scowling and shaking heads when the Oppo are clearing the ball after a behind and the big one: glaring at umpires and appealing for free kicks when everyone knows that even if they are wrong, an umpire won't change their mind about a decision and that they are likely to double down and continue to ignore free kicks to the complainer.
I mean, it’s not how I would be coaching the forwards , but we knew Clarko liked his alternative methods 🤷‍♂️

Waite is on a totally different level than Darling.
I was all over getting Waite at the time, it was a smart and easy decision and worked beautifully for us.

Darling is different, it’s not a great fit for where we at. It will just add to a long list of dumb decisions we’ve made in the last 5 years.

Call me old fashioned, but isn't it the job of the forwards coach - just checked our wikipedia page and it indicates that we don't have a dedicated forwards coach. Would never have guessed.

Concerning for a supporter not to know who our fwds coach is!

And have to really on Wikipedia of all places!

I was all over getting Waite at the time, it was a smart and easy decision and worked beautifully for us.

Darling is different, it’s not a great fit for where we at. It will just add to a long list of dumb decisions we’ve made in the last 5 years.
You were.

So let's go back to one of those posts.

Screenshot_20240911_075841_Chrome.jpg

Who do we have now that Darling will take time from? Teakle, CCJ and Pink?

Larkey and Chom can still play along side him.

Well 2 of those are more ruckfwd, pink is a defender and Maley is yet to play a game.

I'll exclude Maley. But the others are all short-term cover competing for possibly one spot in the team. Darling will join them. They will all be delisted at the end of next year or a year later if they are lucky. How many list spots are we going to waste on these types before we actually spend some draft capital on some young key forwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darling is a huge step back.

Genuinely embarrassing.
Ot course it is. It's sheer desperation. It's 11.58 and we want whatever is available.
I think even Simmo has warned us on Darling.
We got rid of Ben Brown as we thought his best was behind him. That he was difficult and his wife was problematic. And yet those same issues are not a concern with Darling????
Dear lord.

They don't have to play round 1, though Armstrong potentially could, because of his work rate. We have Larkey and Comben and if we want a third tall, we have four back-up talls already on the list. Adding a fifth, in Darling, makes no sense to me.

Comben looks like he is going to play back... we have been fortunate over past two yrs but if larkey goes down we have no one. Darling provides cover and depth and the other part of recruiting darling, signals we are going to be taking a kpf or two from the draft.... darling merely there for a yr max 2 while the draftee talls develop.... makes a lot of sense to me. If they develop sooner then their aim is to displace Darling which should be easy if he is as cooked as some think

Ot course it is. It's sheer desperation. It's 11.58 and we want whatever is available.
I think even Simmo has warned us on Darling.
We got rid of Ben Brown as we thought his best was behind him. That he was difficult and his wife was problematic. And yet those same issues are not a concern with Darling????
Dear lord.

Id prefer to take Mitch Lewis coming off an ACL for the same price we will get Darling for.

At least Mitch Lewis could potentially play a role for us when we are winning games.

Trade our second pick for Riccardi, get Gollant for free, get Mitch Lewis, speak to Reef Mcinnes. Get in Todd Marshall or Ollie Lords ear.

Anything but a washed Darling.

I'm not. What's he teaching them?
They all get in each other's way, all go up for the same ball, none of them seriously chase, there is often zero movement i50 and we all wonder why the mids look like shit.

Seriously, I'm over him.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would have thought with a functioning forward line we get at least another three goals a game instead of that shit show we had this year.

I don’t think Waite was cooked. He was still kicking small bags the season before coming over.
No but that was the narrative altho I wasn't on here back then so the people I talked to about footy were different.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back