List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

So is this the list of old new players for season 2025.

1. Parker
2. Macrae
3. Darling
4. Owies

I wasn't a fan of getting Waite at he time, I learnt much from that. I find it hard to believe folk are upset by bringing them all on board.

If that means the likes of Pink, Phillips, Powell, have reduced AFL time, not sure that's a bad thing. How we expect to be better without changing shit up.

The best thing about getting Jack Darling is that he has to fight Jaidyn for the black belt on the first day of pre season training.
Each club can only have one "I know martial arts" type of guy.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could get them to compete at the All Valley Tournament, we might finally win something.

Assuming we delist Sellers, Lazz, Free, Taylor and Harvey (re-rookie or delist) how many can we realistically trade for?

Some chance of Parker, McRae, Darling (unfortunately) and one of Rosas/Owies. Daniel would be a good get too. If we bring in 4, how many picks does that leave in the National Draft? Ideally we’d want at least three right?
I could be wrong but I kind of felt with Lizards Insta post he will be on the list next year.

Targeting Parker and Macrae just make so much sense.

Both were ELITE footballers in their prime.

Both have been part of two very successful football programs where they both played significant roles in premiership success.

They have only just come out of their prime years so both still offer high calibre footfall. Compare that with Hodge and Shiels (even though they still played some good footy at times) they both had already retired.

One has a tough and relentlless edge that would resonate with the Wardlaw, Chom, Xerri, Bull type personalities, the other has a calm yet calculated demeanour that would resonate with the Sheezel, Colby, Zane, Powell types.

These two along with Rosas or Owies and drafting two of Armstrong/Gerreyn/Shanahan/Berry will propel us forward.

If Parker and Macrae were both playing for us this year do we lose to Freo, Pies, GoDees and West Toast?.. probably not..

1. Parker
2. Macrae
3. Darling
4. Owies

I wasn't a fan of getting Waite at he time, I learnt much from that. I find it hard to believe folk are upset by bringing them all on board.

If that means the likes of Pink, Phillips, Powell, have reduced AFL time, not sure that's a bad thing. How we expect to be better without changing shit up.
Add those 4 to ..

Sheezel
Logue
Comben
Goater
W Dawson
Hardeman
Duursma
Pick 2

There's going to be quite a few from the mess that was Rd 24 playing at a level they belong.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Could get them to compete at the All Valley Tournament, we might finally win something.
I could see Sleevo doing the ‘Crane’ to drop JD to win last point.. then he rips his Ghee off to the crowd where he has a long sleeved North jumper on underneath.

Mr Myagi then snap kicks his nose off and says ‘“Jaiyden Son, you are officially delisted!”

The crowd goes wild for Mr Maygi and he shows his love by giving them this one..

Proud The Karate Kid GIF

Add those 4 to ..

Sheezel
Logue
Comben
Goater
W Dawson
Hardeman
Duursma
Pick 2

There's going to be quite a few from the mess that was Rd 24 playing at a level they belong.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

And good and a good point that you make.

I'd like it if Comben or Dawson took the second ruck duties. If Comben goes fwd it should be him, and for that five minutes throw BGZ to FF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Parker
2. Macrae
3. Darling
4. Owies

I have Rosa’s in front of Owies but happy with both

Offerd F1 but didn't meet, that doesn't sound quite right...

Well yes seems to be the total opposite way of doing good business. Offer up your F1 without talking to the player you're prepared to offer your F1 for.
Ideally you want to sell whatever the dream is and have the player hellbent on joining your club, ala Jason Horne Fabian.

The majority of the Poort board would take that offer of a F1, and why wouldn't they, they feel it would be pick 1-4.

Imagine pick 1-4 for a 28 yr old HBF. The media are getting worse by the day, not sure why folk pay any attention to anything they say.

1. Parker
2. Macrae
3. Darling
4. Owies

From my point of view anyway, it comes down to cost with all of them.

We should maintain or improve upon this position of 2,22,40, 58,64 & F1,F2 in 2025.

So, with that in mind?!

Parker + 56 for our F4
Macrae + 44 for our 58
Owies for our F3
Darling + 23 for Our 40

Especially if we picking up salary & contracts of Darling, Parker & Macrae. I'm also mindful of the fact we are historically bad traders, (since Carey for $10k, Peter Bell for a pack of chips, Adrian McAdam for a new bristle cleaner for his bong etc).

1. Parker
2. Macrae
3. Darling
4. Owies

If we're comparing Waite with Darling, there's no comparison.

Waite was a V8 at Carlton but for a host of reasons it never clicked consistently. He was always capable of sharp improvement if it came off - and it did.

Darling's wound right out - not much juice in that tank I'm afraid.

Am thinking Parker would need a partner in crime to drive the standards. For that reason, McRae feels like a good fit but I’m just not sure what role he plays other than full-time midfield and we don’t want him taking too many midfield minutes away from Wardlaw, Sheez and Powell. At least Parker can play half forward or maybe even on the wing.

Having said that, I’d expect Parker and McRae to be an upgrade on Shiels and Greenwood. And if they get two year contracts, and they fast track the team’s development next year, I’d expect that they become less relevant and play in the ones on a ‘needs basis’ in 2026.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Nobody is coming for less than 2 years, or to play in the seconds. The risk is that they replace some of our "almost" guys (powell, phillips) who then want out for more opportunity. I'm fine with that

The thing about Matt Owies is aside from anything else (and part why I am a fan and would prefer Carlton to keep) is that he absolutely loves antagonising opposition supporters and players (esp Collingwood and Essendon flogs)

He is no world beater or game changer, but he does give a lot of pest energy and seen him absolutely get under the skin of the ferals of the Filth and * cheer squad many times.

If he comes to North, I am reasonably sure you guys will come around to loving The Owl. His troll game is 💯 legit and I feel like your young group could do with a character like that (although granted I think Zuraar and arguably Larkey fit into that mould)

I imagine would only cost a token late 2nd/early 3rd rounder for you (for points for the Campo twins)

Don't get me wrong, he has probably been my favourite Blues player this season and I am gutted to see him go, but would be happy to see him at a club i like in North.

Could be a low key bargain but very important recruit for you guys.
Nice sales pitch, we all love a player who can troll. But speaking to other Carlton supporters, one reason you guys are shopping him is that he doesn't really play like a true small forward. He isn't fast or much of a crumber, he tends to play as a small leading forward - a poor man's Paul Curtis or Cody Weightman. He isn't a type we need. Like you guys, we are looking for the next Tom Papley.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back