List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Dangling the carrot to Crows for pick 4 so they can make a play for Sharp.

Draper, Armstrong and GMan is gizworthy.

But what are they giving us in return? As they will want their first this yr for Draper or even luko?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes, but it meant we could get Wardlaw as well as Sheezel. That's what happened.

He arranged a brilliant multi club trade that meant we got another very high pick to go with the one we already had

Lol you may as well include Brayden George and Cooper Harvey in the trade haul as well then

Yes, but it meant we could get Wardlaw as well as Sheezel. That's what happened.

He arranged a brilliant multi club trade that meant we got another very high pick to go with the one we already had
So we got a very high pick for the previous year's number one pick...who all agreed was a future gun? (plus Goad) Brilliant indeed!

Marchbank can play but always injured wouldnt mind giving him a train on spot over the summer to go for the lti spot when brayden george goes on the LTI

Jack Martin could be a free backup option as a small forward likewise cuningham
Any of the 3 would fill a need, but they are always injured.
Carlton are probably cutting them so they can trade in other injury prone players.

What happened to Jack Martin? He looked like an emerging jet.
Looks can be deceiving...Take a look at Darling, he's got everyone believing he's to old, slow and no longer worthy to play AFL level football yet we will take him... ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an outsider, looking in, I totally understand why you might target great pro's with a few years left in them, plus a couple of fringe players who will improve.

Jack Darling - trains to perfection, sets standards. He's kicked 500 goals.One of only 64 to ever do that in AFL/VFL history. he will organise the forward line - and protect blokes like RHJ and Duursma whilst they develop. Against GCS he had 22 disposals, 9 marks, 7 tackles and kicked 1.1 - he still can play, but a change of scenery might be all that's needed.

Matt Owies - kicked 33 goals this year as a small forward.

Luke Parker & Jack MacRae - these guys still have at least 2 very good years left. They will both get 30 a week and tackle as hard at the end of the last quarter as they did at the opening bounce. The physical protection they offer to McKercher, Sheezel etc is essential.

Caleb Daniel - The angst here I don't get. A 28 yr old Premiership Player, with an AA Jacket, Best and Fairest / Charlie Sutton Medal winner boasting 175 games of experience would absolutely be an upgrade on Zac Fisher.

If you can land most or all of these then you will win a lot of games next year.

Hawthorn will be getting Barrass and Battle next season, meaning a couple of our players will probably be looking for more 1st team footy next year.

Finn Maginness, Jai Serong, and Harry Morrison have been exceptional at VFL level and very strong performers when called upon. All are playing in the semi-final tonight, which speaks volumes about their ability.

We will hate to lose any of them (and a couple of other players not selected for finals may be gettable too) but other guys are in front of them. They'd all do a great job for you - and probably half the sides in the competition.

Cheers
How dare you just walk in here with your pragmatic suggestions and your fair assessments. The cheek of some people.

We must be confident of climbing the ladder next yr. I am not sure I really like trading away potentially a future top 4 pick.

But you are just trading it into this year hopefully of relatively equal value... we aren't throwing it away!

What Damien Barrett thinks about anything is irrelevant. In an industry of shysters, he's uniquely discredited.

I guess where we fundamentally disagree is that I don't think we have the prerequisite key forward depth for 2025.

• I will be surprised if CCJ plays senior footy for us again, any more than a couple games would be astonishing.
  • Maley may come in leaps and bounds over the offseason, or he may not. He's not yet a reliable option.
  • Pink is a break glass option

From that position, I ask myself what the available options are, and there aren't many.

I'm sure we're struggling to spend the required $15m on our players this year, so Darling's inflated salary has no detriment on our position.

All things considered, I think Darling is a reasonable improvement on CCJ, Maley, and Pink.
I think Darling's inflated salary is definitely detrimental if WC are not paying a large chunk of it.

If anticipated by many he struggles, then that's not a good look for a player that will be close to the highest paid player at the Club.

But what are they giving us in return? As they will want their first this yr for Draper or even luko?

They give us pick 4. They're not getting Draper with it. If Sharp goes pick 1 they'll need 2 good first rounders. If he slips a bit they might get him with our F1. A reasonable punt for them id think.

Here's an idea. Rather than giving us priority picks or draft concessions or extra rookie spots, the league should just let us draft using hindsight. So we sit out the draft for a year, let everyone else's picks play a season, and then we choose retrospectively the year after and the clubs we steal from get a supplementary pick. Personally I could recommend a number of people to the club who are experts at hindsight drafting!

Here's an idea. Rather than giving us priority picks or draft concessions or extra rookie spots, the league should just let us draft using hindsight. So we sit out the draft for a year, let everyone else's picks play a season, and then we choose retrospectively the year after and the clubs we steal from get a supplementary pick. Personally I could recommend a number of people to the club who are experts at hindsight drafting!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back