List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko has a relationship with Adam Simpson.

Simpson owes WC nothing and would have firm views on all his former players including Darling.

A simple phone call Al.
Bring over simmo as senior assistant while he is making that call

I want owies he’s very chirpy and in your face we need one of those

Off track, but if I'm not mistaken I think the The Nostradamus was big on us getting the Wiz as our first pick last year.

The way he played tonight, while I am very happy that we have Colby, I rather suspect that the Wiz is going to be great pick up for the Hawks. Plays with a maturity well beyond his years.

Off track, but if I'm not mistaken I think the The Nostradamus was big on us getting the Wiz as our first pick last year.

The way he played tonight, while I am very happy that we have Colby, I rather suspect that the Wiz is going to be great pick up for the Hawks. Plays with a maturity well beyond his years.
He can do it all. There was a point in the third when Mitchell had him one v one in the cage and no one else in the fifty. The ball never made it down there but expect a lot more of that in the future. The kid has great hands and an exceptional lead. Not sure if it was soup or RF that was nuts for the kid but they were 100% right. He's going to kick a shit tonne of goals. I'm with nostradamus, Zane better be really good.

Nostrils was big on drafting Tsatas over Wardlaw. Throw enough darts and eventually one will hit the target.

He can do it all. There was a point in the third when Mitchell had him one v one in the cage and no one else in the fifty. The ball never made it down there but expect a lot more of that in the future. The kid has great hands and an exceptional lead. Not sure if it was soup or RF that was nuts for the kid but they were 100% right. He's going to kick a shit tonne of goals. I'm with nostradamus, Zane better be really good.

I remember Lewis Taylor winning a rising star, Rohan is better than Cunnington……give it time…

Nostrils was big on drafting Tsatas over Wardlaw. Throw enough darts and eventually one will hit the target.
Quite the opposite you picked the only one I missed

Throw enough darts and you eventually miss one

Let’s hope we don’t make that mistake this year

Just do as nostra says
Pick 2: Josh Smillie

I remember Lewis Taylor winning a rising star, Rohan is better than Cunnington……give it time…
Lewis didn't dominate Junior footy like Nick. If you watch Rohans under 18 highlights you'd think he'd be better than Judd! He was lightning, I think a few injuries curbed his mobility. Zane has the athletic profile and skills to be the top of the class, I see a young Fyfe whenever I'm watching him. Hopefully he has the drive. It's all speculation ATM but Watson is a sure thing and exactly what we needed.

Lewis didn't dominate Junior footy like Nick. If you watch Rohans under 18 highlights you'd think he'd be better than Judd! He was lightning, I think a few injuries curbed his mobility. Zane has the athletic profile and skills to be the top of the class, I see a young Fyfe whenever I'm watching him. Hopefully he has the drive. It's all speculation ATM but Watson is a sure thing and exactly what we needed.

Give it time.

Quite the opposite you picked the only one I missed

Throw enough darts and you eventually miss one

Let’s hope we don’t make that mistake this year

Pick 2: Josh Smillie
Yeah, you've gone way too early on him, big chance he is a bust. Your ability to assess draft talent is akin to Tsatas' kicking skills, very rarely hits the target.

He also busted his guts in the preseason, way before getting drafted as he knew he had things to work on.
It was one of the reasons why I was so keen on him.

It was an option to hold him but Port's trade offer would have gone from pick 8 and F1 (16 became 20 - Goad), which we turned into pick 2, to 20(16) Goad and their 2024 R1 (pick 13-18). It's pretty obvious which offer is better.
The truth is staring you right in the face : burn look
What? The truth is based on fact and reality. That is what stares us in the face. Not some nonsensical argument of if we had done the deal a year later we wouldn't have ended up with a better deal. In all seriousness how would you know that to be the case? How? :stern look

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t tell still 18!yr old Will Dawson he isn’t a fwd. could destroy him as he thinks he is.

And yes Comben can ply his trade up front.

The club is happy with Goad and clearly not happy with a few. I think Goad is still 2/3 years away though. But how close is a drafted KPF kid taken in Nov 2024.

Far closer than any previously named.

At club, outside of larkey, we have no other key forward

Kinda:

“North Melbourne holds pick No.2 at this year's draft, behind Richmond at No.1. The Roos have used 10 first-round picks in the past four drafts, including seven in the past two years for the likes of Harry Sheezel, George Wardlaw, Colby McKercher and Zane Duursma.”
It didn’t warrant him being on the cover.

The editors knew what they were doin.

We saw quickly it tapers off and how exposed we are down back when Logue and Chom aren't there
Could say basically the same thing with, we saw how quickly it tapers of and how exposed when biggy was out there.

Put simply biggy isnt backline depth, he is simply the product of a knee jerk reaction the shore up our kpd stocks that failed miserably.

I was another player who wanted Watson. He looked quality and would have addressed a gaping deficiency in our forward line.

But I'm now expecting Zane to be special. Don't disappoint me Zane 😊

6 years :joycat:

Pure copium.

The same as the posters trying to convince everyone the Darling recruitment is even remotely good. Laughing stock, desperation, maybe….
What's underrated on this Board is our draft performance over the last few years - watch that pay dividends in the next 20 to 40 games - but the Club and this Board completely overrate opposition players.

Exhibit A, B, C ..........

Greenwood
Stephenson
Corr
Tucker
Stephens
Fisher
CCJ
Biggie

There's not one player on that list that has lived up to the hype, coin or length of contract doled out to them. Not one.

The only one I hold out any hope for is Griff and he's struggled to get on the park.

It's a terrible strike rate.

We clearly suck at it.

With the exception of Parker, the rest being thrown up are pretty meh.

Last edited:

There were a number of posters adamant Watson was what we needed and very disappointed he wasn’t either of our picks. Time will tell (TM).

What's underrated on this Board is our draft performance over the last few years - watch that pay dividends in the next 20 to 40 games - but yep sadly the same can't be said for our trading performance.

The Club - geez even this Board - completely overrate opposition players.

Greenwood
Stephenson
Corr
Tucker
Stephens
Fisher
CCJ
Biggie

There's not one player on that list that has lived up to the hype, coin or length of contract doled out to them. Not one.

The only one I hold out any hope for is Griff and he's struggled to get on the park.

We clearly suck at it.

With the exception of Parker, the rest are pretty meh.

You think that’s overrating?

Come back and see the overrating that goes on with the Time Trial in November

What's underrated on this Board is our draft performance over the last few years - watch that pay dividends in the next 20 to 40 games - but the Club and this Board completely overrate opposition players.

Greenwood
Stephenson
Corr
Tucker
Stephens
Fisher
CCJ
Biggie

We clearly suck at it.

I think there plenty on here that reckon that list is underwhelming to say the least. Biggie and ccj make me angry and sleevo hasnt fired a shot, the rest could at least be/were vfl depth perhaps like pink and teakle.

But yes the suggestions that ccj or sleevos best footy are ahead of them are somewhat bizzare.i continually cringe every time they are put up.

Greenwood
Stephenson
Corr
Tucker
Stephens
Fisher
CCJ
Biggie

We clearly suck at it.

And herin lies the problem.
Until we can demonstrate genuine improvement ( for an extended period) we are going to be stuck with that level of recruit outside of the draft. Players are going to be paid regardless of which club they choose
We need to demonstrate to the future equivalent of
Barrass
Houston
Battle etc
That we can also provide an opportunity of success
So thats the challenge of what we have now on our list and our coaching staff to provide

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back