List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Post bye:

We beat West Coast then lost to them.

Beat Gold Coast, making every attempt to lose it.

Played a slashing half against a side then shat ourselves. Just like we did pre bye in Round 2.

We got anhialated by a team by 124 points after losing to them by 45 pts pre bye.

Beat Richmond, making every attempt to lose it.

Were competitive against 2x top 8 teams.

Got touched up by 4x top 8 teams.

~This run of form is overstated. If people read this level of extrapolation on the * forum they'd be quoting it here and giggling about it.
The supposed overstating of it is massively overrated by some around here.

People notice improvement and hope to build on it and you lot talk about like we're predicting a 2025 Premiership.

God forbid fans of a sports team get some enjoyment out of some relative improvement and promising signs, for once. No, you're right, we should squash any joy and instead focus on any potential downsides or worry about what * supporters might say.

There's nothing mythical about it.

We won 0 games before the bye and didn't finish within 25 points in any of them.

After the bye we won 3 games and had 4 more where we were within 25 points.

There was undoubtedly improvement.
There was improvement, even if some people refuse to see it. But also some people are over egging how good it was.

Encouraging signs, that’s all.

Post bye:

We beat West Coast then lost to them.

Beat Gold Coast, making every attempt to lose it.

Played a slashing half against a side then shat ourselves. Just like we did pre bye in Round 2.

We got anhialated by a team by 124 points after losing to them by 45 pts pre bye.

Beat Richmond, making every attempt to lose it.

Were competitive against 2x top 8 teams.

Got touched up by 4x top 8 teams.

~This run of form is overstated. If people read this level of extrapolation on the * forum they'd be quoting it here and giggling about it.
Difference between before and after the bye - is the greater contribution we got from those aged 23 and younger.

They dominated our better players throughout that period.

That's where the improvement was.

Pity about the worst two minutes in AFL history against WC second time around and those last two games which were beyond atrocious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God I hope they do.
We will beat them next year without Merritt.
I wonder how many games * have won without Merrett playing a starring role over the past three seasons. Not many, I reckon.

So I don't reckon 7 and 8 would turn Essendon's head. He's just too important.

Maybe three first rounders would turn Scott's head?

What? The truth is based on fact and reality. That is what stares us in the face. Not some nonsensical argument of if we had done the deal a year later we wouldn't have ended up with a better deal. In all seriousness how would you know that to be the case? How? :stern look
Because the deal when the player is out of contract end of 2023 vs contracted is worse in 12 months.
End of 2023 Port's draft picks to offer are pick 14 (20) and their F1 (pick 15-18 this year). That is a fact.
Tell me this magically better offer that you think we would have got 12 months later?

Unless they put Houston (wasn't interested in moving end of 2023 nor to us at the bottom), Sinn or Lord in the deal I don't see how we get a better deal in 12 months time as they are all contracted.
WCE would not have wanted to trade out of the 2023 draft like they did in 2022 because of Reid or Colby.
And swapping picks 14 and 15-18 doesn't get you a high end pick like we did with Wardlaw.

Last edited:
I wonder how many games * have won without Merrett playing a starring role over the past three seasons. Not many, I reckon.

* supporters were watching Daniher win the game for the lions last night knowing they got what Nik Cox in return! Saad got them Zach Reid... think they will hold Merrett as he is their glue

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I doubt zerrett would go to the saints.
If he does choose to leave I doubt 2 first round picks is enough.

I’d be really surprised if they got band 1 for Battle. Hawks had no reason to make it easier for them as they can’t match.

That makes it even more audacious and they’re wasting their time going for guys with three years left on their contract. He’s on 850-900 there, no doubt they could meet his salary offer from the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back