List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Encouraging signs, that’s all.
This is bang on the money.

Not losing by as much is better than being smacked but it’s still losing.

The equation for next year is pretty simple, there needs to be more Ws.

This incessant losing has to stop.

No way. He is being shopped for a reason. Owies is short, but other than being annoying, he doesn't play like a small forward. He would be a major downgrade on Paul Curtis.
Joe Richards tho

Jeff Goldblum Thumbs Up GIF by Apartments.com

Was always my preference along with Joe Richards

And if we want someone very cheap then konstanty or Charlie clarke out of contract in strong sides with tight list spots
Clarke would be my preference.
Would cost bugger all.

The supposed overstating of it is massively overrated by some around here.

People notice improvement and hope to build on it and you lot talk about like we're predicting a 2025 Premiership.

God forbid fans of a sports team get some enjoyment out of some relative improvement and promising signs, for once. No, you're right, we should squash any joy and instead focus on any potential downsides or worry about what * supporters might say.
Nice emotive hysteria mate.

Where did I say not to enjoy any of it? Nice fishing for likes. Well played.

There were individual incremental improvements. But to conclude some collective, cohesive leap forward at the end of the season would be based on little more than blind hope.

Do you really think Viney and Clarkson are sitting there behind the scenes high fiving thinking 2024 was the jump forward they expected? Sheezel and later Clarkson admitted all their preseason indicators pointed at big improvement but they were disappointed and confused when it didn't transpire.

Nice emotive hysteria mate.

Where did I say not to enjoy any of it? Nice fishing for likes. Well played.

There were individual incremental improvements. But to conclude some collective, cohesive leap forward at the end of the season would be based on little more than blind hope.

Do you really think Viney and Clarkson are sitting there behind the scenes high fiving thinking 2024 was the jump forward they expected? Sheezel and later Clarkson admitted all their preseason indicators pointed at big improvement but they were disappointed and confused when it didn't transpire.
The experience we lost last year didn't seem like much goldy, jz and hall were past it obviously. But I think our leaders didn't take the step forward we required to improve this year. Simpkin getting knocked into next month didn't help. Once they got up and running we improved.
We do still have a long way to go though. I'd like to be out of the bottom 4 next year but that's still doubtful.

You know if some posters had their way and hypothetically we finished in the bottom 4 for the next three years, most of them would still be bamboozled by that midfielders craft and so on and so on, wouldn't it be interesting if we brought in Luke Parker & Jack Macrae into our midfield for next year to help our gun youngsters. Yes I've heard all the talk about why some people don't want or think these two players will help our team, and what they can or can't do, but whether you like them or you don't, I think it will not only make our team better but actually transform it to where we are going.

LDU wins his first BnF and all he can talk about is Ben Cunnington

Big no on Owies. Carlton have no small forward stocks and they're still not in a rush to re-sign him. It's 100% because he's a poor defensive player.

His pressure numbers are down with the Jaidyn Stephensons of the world. Reckon you can get away with one of those if they're Shai Bolton, Tom Papley or Bobby Hill (all average defensively) but not if you're Matt Owies.

He's been crumbing to the best forward duo in the comp this year and he only just got to 30 goals. He's a mile behind the elite smalls and he doesn't provide defensively.

Reckon he's a trap much like Gresham was for Essendon this year.

Last edited:

Can we just appreciate the most important item of this whole news story.
That this so called big club is now permanently linked to Tullamarine. 🤣
Man that bowls club sure did a number on those precious things reclaiming it as windy bowls hill..
Essendon Tullamarine bombers …..yep still sounds shite 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big no on Owies. Carlton have no small forward stocks and they're still not in a rush to re-sign him. It's 100% because he's a poor defensive player.

His pressure numbers are down with the Jaidyn Stephenson's of the world. Reckon you can get away with one of those if they're Shai Bolton, Tom Papley or Bobby Hill (all average defensively) but not if you're Matt Owies.

He's been crumbing to the best forward duo in the comp this year and he only just got to 30 goals. He's a mile behind the elite smalls and he doesn't provide defensively.

Reckon he's a trap much like Gresham was for Essendon this year.
Great call.

Your mention of Jaidyn is extra timely because Collingwood had a foot up his backside and the very reasons they did have come around again in his time at North.

Carlton don't even have a cap. If they're not even trying to keep him, be warned.

Because the deal when the player is out of contract end of 2023 vs contracted is worse in 12 months.
End of 2023 Port's draft picks to offer are pick 14 (20) and their F1 (pick 15-18 this year). That is a fact.
Tell me this magically better offer that you think we would have got 12 months later?

Unless they put Houston (wasn't interested in moving end of 2023 nor to us at the bottom), Sinn or Lord in the deal I don't see how we get a better deal in 12 months time as they are all contracted.
WCE would not have wanted to trade out of the 2023 draft like they did in 2022 because of Reid or Colby.
And swapping picks 14 and 15-18 doesn't get you a high end pick like we did with Wardlaw.
LOL. You Twit. Wank on with some nonsense about 12 months on in your first paragraph as some sort of justification regarding your previous post and then start your second paragraph with “Unless”. Case closed. And it’s not surprising seeing the 2 Brain Dead Morons that liked your post. Some of you guys. Seriously. The truth is staring you in the face. :stern look

LOL. You Twit. Wank on with some nonsense about 12 months on in your first paragraph as some sort of justification regarding your previous post and then start your second paragraph with “Unless”. Case closed. And it’s not surprising seeing the 2 Brain Dead Morons that liked your post. Some of you guys. Seriously. The truth is staring you in the face. :stern look
The only thing staring you in the face is the inside of your rectum.

If you don't think that we improved after the bye then you either didn't watch or you're just being a miserable old campaigner.

Improved doesn't mean we were a good team. It means that we were better than before.
Statistically Yes. We improved from pre bye to post bye this season just played. But what is also fact is that we have finished bottom 2 over the last 5 years. Have we improved in that period of time? The truth is staring you in the face. :stern look

Post bye:

We beat West Coast then lost to them.

Beat Gold Coast, making every attempt to lose it.

Played a slashing half against a side then shat ourselves. Just like we did pre bye in Round 2.

We got anhialated by a team by 124 points after losing to them by 45 pts pre bye.

Beat Richmond, making every attempt to lose it.

Were competitive against 2x top 8 teams.

Got touched up by 4x top 8 teams.

~This run of form is overstated. If people read this level of extrapolation on the * forum they'd be quoting it here and giggling about it.
Kudos KC for seeing the truth. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back