List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke would be my preference.
Would cost bugger all.
Yeah I’m not fussed either way

Charlie Clarke for free/late pick

Or owies/Richards for say a future 3rd

Or could even work Konstanty into the Parker deal and get them both from the swans

Nice emotive hysteria mate.

Where did I say not to enjoy any of it? Nice fishing for likes. Well played.

There were individual incremental improvements. But to conclude some collective, cohesive leap forward at the end of the season would be based on little more than blind hope.

Do you really think Viney and Clarkson are sitting there behind the scenes high fiving thinking 2024 was the jump forward they expected? Sheezel and later Clarkson admitted all their preseason indicators pointed at big improvement but they were disappointed and confused when it didn't transpire.

Emotive hysteria and fishing for likes? So meta... That's a bullshit line of response and you know it. I can't even see whether they're likes or dislikes on this shitty bigfooty app.

You literally just listed every highlight after a bye and tried to find a way to downplay it.

As I said above, there's a difference between improvement and being where we want to be, but that doesn't mean that improvement didn't happen.

If you took our best 3 quarters from most of the post-bye games we played like a pretty decent side. Making that 4 quarters is the next step, but also a pretty natural progression for a very young team.

Post bye:

We beat West Coast then lost to them.

Beat Gold Coast, making every attempt to lose it.

Played a slashing half against a side then shat ourselves. Just like we did pre bye in Round 2.

We got anhialated by a team by 124 points after losing to them by 45 pts pre bye.

Beat Richmond, making every attempt to lose it.

Were competitive against 2x top 8 teams.

Got touched up by 4x top 8 teams.

~This run of form is overstated. If people read this level of extrapolation on the * forum they'd be quoting it here and giggling about it.
If anything, it proved to me we don’t have the mental application to sustain four quarters week in week out. And this has been going on for too long now. So much so that I agree. At best, even with all our stars firing.
We can just scrape a win?

LOL. You Twit. Wank on with some nonsense about 12 months on in your first paragraph as some sort of justification regarding your previous post and then start your second paragraph with “Unless”. Case closed. And it’s not surprising seeing the 2 Brain Dead Morons that liked your post. Some of you guys. Seriously. The truth is staring you in the face. :stern look
You are a moron. I said "unless" because the Port players have to agree to a trade and none of those Port players wanted to come as they all ended up signing contracts to stay at Port.

Rosas would've been nice, oh well. There does seem a power dynamic shift with GC though, luring and retaining players now.
Rosa is a nice player but I’m not convinced he’s the type of small forward we need. Hawthorns small forwards aren’t just impressive because they are flashy. They are impressive because they work themselves into the ground running both ways.

Not convinced at all that Rosas is that type. We have enough forwards that don’t work hard both ways IMO.

Kudos KC for seeing the truth. :thumbsu:
Unfortunately I haven't had any hallucinogens since about 6 hours before round 1 2019.

What I've seen since then is seven changes of coach, including four over the last two seasons. Dunno how Rawlings did that but I agree he must be punished for it.

Rosa is a nice player but I’m not convinced he’s the type of small forward we need. Hawthorns small forwards aren’t just impressive because they are flashy. They are impressive because they work themselves into the ground running both ways.

Not convinced at all that Rosas is that type. We have enough forwards that don’t work hard both ways IMO.
Yeah a late picks would've been worth it to find out tho, he's blessed with serious pace so thats a good start.

Clarke would be my preference.
Would cost bugger all.

I like Clarke, and I liked him in his draft year, but he doesn't play like a small forward at all. Very much a lead up type small forward, rather than a pressure ground level player. He isn't too dissimilar, Cooper Harvey in game style.

I like Clarke, and I liked him in his draft year, but he doesn't play like a small forward at all. Very much a lead up type small forward, rather than a pressure ground level player. He isn't too dissimilar, Cooper Harvey in game style.
Is that based on his junior footy or his output in the vfl?. I admittedly haven’t watched any dogs vfl games but his tackle & goal numbers look good in the vfl games he’s played this season. Avg’d 4.4 tackles a game in the vfl and only went 1 game without a goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What? The truth is based on fact and reality. That is what stares us in the face. Not some nonsensical argument of if we had done the deal a year later we wouldn't have ended up with a better deal. In all seriousness how would you know that to be the case? How? :stern look

You clearly have no idea of the principle of leverage in negotiations.

Because the deal when the player is out of contract end of 2023 vs contracted is worse in 12 months.
End of 2023 Port's draft picks to offer are pick 14 (20) and their F1 (pick 15-18 this year). That is a fact.
Tell me this magically better offer that you think we would have got 12 months later?

The sooking isn't based in reality, it is just sooking.

Unless they put Houston (wasn't interested in moving end of 2023 nor to us at the bottom), Sinn or Lord in the deal I don't see how we get a better deal in 12 months time as they are all contracted.
WCE would not have wanted to trade out of the 2023 draft like they did in 2022 because of Reid or Colby.
And swapping picks 14 and 15-18 doesn't get you a high end pick like we did with Wardlaw.

See above.

Is that based on his junior footy or his output in the vfl?. I admittedly haven’t watched any dogs vfl games but his tackle & goal numbers look good in the vfl games he’s played this season. Avg’d 4.4 tackles a game in the vfl and only went 1 game without a goal.

Junior footy more so than VFL, but even at VFL level he doesn't get stacks of goals from the ground, more on the lead.

Good that his tackle numbers have improved, he isn't lazy when it comes to his tackling, just can't apply that elite defensive pressure because he isn't overly quick like Paul Curtis.

What? The truth is based on fact and reality. That is what stares us in the face. Not some nonsensical argument of if we had done the deal a year later we wouldn't have ended up with a better deal. In all seriousness how would you know that to be the case? How? :stern look
Fact, reality, and some version of the truth staring you in the face... you do realise that you are talking about a hypothetical alternate history which has no chance of ever being proven to be truth, factual, or reality, right? Getting a better deal for JHF by forcing him to honour his contract is speculation, not fact, because it didn't happen and can never happen.

Fact, reality, and some version of the truth staring you in the face... you do realise that you are talking about a hypothetical alternate history which has no chance of ever being proven to be truth, factual, or reality, right? Getting a better deal for JHF by forcing him to honour his contract is speculation, not fact, because it didn't happen and can never happen.

But we know for a fact that players in contract are worth more than those coming out, because even the rarely used threat of the pre-season draft etc, drives down leverage.

The AFL even changed the rules re initial contracts of first rounders because Jason walking out on us was such a bad look for equalisation.

Now if we had the security of three year contract that West Coast have with Reid, I would have been all for holding him.

Last edited:
You are a moron. I said "unless" because the Port players have to agree to a trade and none of those Port players wanted to come as they all ended up signing contracts to stay at Port.
Rightio Mr Unless. There is no way you can know what deal could have been struck 12 months on. That's because that sliding door closed when the deal was made in the year it was made. So I am not a moron. What I am is someone who far more intelligent than you can ever comprehend. What you are is naive and a dreamer. This is illustrated by the fact that you can't see the truth staring you in the face. :stern look

C'mon snruibs. My point all along has been that an option was that we could've held JHF. It was Chubss that brought alternate realities into play. I suggest you go back and read this exchange from the start. :stern look

God dammit. I really am not excited about this one.

You heard anything on Wade Derksen from GWS giantroo. Heard that we have enquired about him and Jacob Wehr from the Giants.

Derksen hasn't played yet, but his VFL form in defence has been excellent. Assuming Wehr would be for wing depth.

Don't think there is much chance of either, but curious to see if anyone else has heard anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back