List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

But then how can Pies trade their F1, exchange F2's with Hawks, have their own and Hawks F3's and no 4th rounder if they are supposed to keep a pick in every other round?
Port similar, they traded their F1, have their own F2 and F3 but no F4 (traded for Soldo)?
Seems like it's not really enforced?

This is the best i can find mate. Apparently the doc its from is written by the afl general council. Cant find it though
Screenshot_20240917_172750_Chrome.jpg
From

I suppose the AFL ticks off on the deals so maybe they don't really care if picks aren't retained if the 1st is traded out.
I know the afl rejected Port trading there future first and second out in the jhf deal. So it was still in effect at that time.
Hard to know for certain if we can't see the doc

There can't be too many positions in professional sport where a player barely plays a game year after year but there's no surprise when they get a new contract. Maybe kickers or punters in the NFL. But even they get replaced by college rookies.
the analogy I think of is reserve goalkeepers in the EPL; blokes you've never heard of, play round 3 in the FA Cup a couple of times and retire 10 years later

I know the afl rejected Port trading there future first and second out in the jhf deal. So it was still in effect at that time.
Hard to know for certain if we can't see the doc
I have a feeling they changed it last year to, if you trade your F1, it was now only F2 and F3 you couldn't trade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only trade links to North mentioned in this wrap are Darling, Parker and…Lewis young.

:rolleyes:

Richards linked to Port.

Kennedy to saints, pies and cats.

Ffs

Last edited:
Only trade links to North mentioned in this wrap are Darling, Parker and…Lewis young.

:rolleyes:

Richards linked to Port.

Kennedy to saints, pies and cats.

Ffs

Young would just about do me, he is an absolute crab.

Marchbank (who just got delisted) is a far better defender than that plodder.

Maybe I’m going insane but I thought Young was one of Carlton’s better players in one of their last matches - can’t remember whether it was against Saints or Brisbane in the final but he really stood out to me. Every time I’ve seen him play he seems to be a pretty damaging interceptor. Obviously issues with one on one as others have mentioned, but if Comben goes forward, I don’t mind Young.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back