List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Say we finish 16th to 12th next season. That’s pick 3-7 territory. How many pick 3 to 7s have been GAJ quality over the last twenty years? We are more likely to draft a Dylan Stephens calibre player than a GAJ next year. Houston as an AA level player, even if he plays 5 years would easily be better value than many picks in this range.
Nobody can convince me that we aren't a bottom 2 side next year. Anyone that tries to argue otherwise is just wildly optimistic and hopeful. Whether it's this year, or next, we'd be trading Pick 2 for Dan Houston, which is just ridiculous.

So if we end up with Darling, Parker and Houston l see this as a win and would help our side in experience considerably.
Darling will come cheap and l feel fill the void for 1-2 years of having an experienced big bodied KPP to help Larkey.
Parker will help our young Mid-forwards by having his experience.
Houston would be a good get to build our backline and with these 3 we might not end up as low as what some think.

Nobody can convince me that we aren't a bottom 2 side next year. Anyone that tries to argue otherwise is just wildly optimistic and hopeful. Whether it's this year, or next, we'd be trading Pick 2 for Dan Houston, which is just ridiculous.
yep the only way our future first would be on the table would be to get a top 5 pick in this draft

otherwise there is no way it should be spoken about

why would you risk a future first if you can split pick 2?

now if we cant split pick 2 then maybe that starts to be a conversation but for mine the only sensible way to get houston is splitting pick 2
I’d probably rather use pick 10 ten too, but if that’s what it takes I can see why NM are offering it. Having said that a top 10 this year given the evenness of talent v a future top 5-8 would be a close run thing

Who's keeping him out of a spot in our side?
Bergman, goater?
Come on now..
Its a matter of him keeping them out and we dont get to see what they can develop into.
Either one might be just as good and we already have them. Then we have Hardeman, Fisher, Tucker and the possibility of playing Duursma or even Powell there. I dont see any attributes Houston has that Powell couldn't develop.

If I'm Richmond, taking picks 1, 6 and 10 to the draft is way more attractive than taking picks 1 and 2, given there isn't really a consensus top couple.of players.
they apparently are very keen on Jagga and FOS

that might make them go all out for pick 1 and 2 to lock them in

How anyone could be sure that we'd beat these two sides next year after how we played against them this year, is beyond me.

By the way, Pick 3 for Houston is way f*kn overs as well.
We should finish above both and definitely Richmond. Most would have us penciled in for pick 3 or 4 next season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

why would you risk a future first if you can split pick 2?

now if we cant split pick 2 then maybe that starts to be a conversation but for mine the only sensible way to get houston is splitting pick 2
Why cant we do both...Split #2 but keep what we get and offer F1st for a deal for Houston. We dont know where we are going to finish next year and how good the upcoming players will be. We could end up anywhere between , guessing, 1-6. l would do what we can now and let the future decide itself when its time.
Getting Houston and then ending up with either 2 of Armstrong, Trainor, Smith, FOS and a few others in this year draft would be the way l would go....

yep the only way our future first would be on the table would be to get a top 5 pick in this draft

otherwise there is no way it should be spoken about
Adelaides pick#4 would be what l would go after + pick swaps for our F1st
Split #2 for Richmonds 6, 10 and then offer Poort pick#10 as part of a deal for Houston
We then end up with #4 and #6...

There is no way Dan Houston chooses to join us lmao

Its a matter of him keeping them out and we dont get to see what they can develop into.
Either one might be just as good and we already have them. Then we have Hardeman, Fisher, Tucker and the possibility of playing Duursma or even Powell there. I dont see any attributes Houston has that Powell couldn't develop.
they can develop in the vfl.
Playing them in the afl vs established players is costing us wins.

So if we end up with Darling, Parker and Houston l see this as a win and would help our side in experience considerably.
Darling will come cheap and l feel fill the void for 1-2 years of having an experienced big bodied KPP to help Larkey.
Parker will help our young Mid-forwards by having his experience.
Houston would be a good get to build our backline and with these 3 we might not end up as low as what some think.
We’ll ok but the big question is what side of the backline does he plays on as we all know the 2025 AFL captain McDonald is playing in the backline with Corr,Archer,Comben and Louge

Yes agree if tuggers and weagles are aren’t a thing.

Getting in the senior bodies of Houston and Parker to add another summer to our younger players , plus goater , Logie ect will improve us greatly.
Look at this league - there’s no world beaters around. Could see us jump into mid table with just more consistency across the whole match.

You would hope we are rising up the ladder next season is what I’d be banking on, maybe 6 wins instead of 3 and like I said, something coming back with Huoston.
Problem is 6 wins will still most likely be bottom 4, we would have been 16th this year with 6 wins. It's a big improvement on field going from 3 to 6 wins but off field it could be the difference between pick 2 and 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back