List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Brady playing poker, every hand....

music video GIF by Weezer

Who gives a shit
With Bergman maintaining the same hairstyle this year, I reckon they could be on the money 😎. Those Umpires gave Judas 3 votes for a 13 possession game last year. That is on a Robert Klomp level type of embarrassment.

The Brownlow Medal vote weighting is shite. Should be 10, 9 and 8 for the 3 best players. Eg, Neale (3) gets 35 touches. Joe D (2) kicks 6 and Harris Andrews (1) keeps his opponent to 1 goal. Is Neale’s game 3 times more valuable than Andrews? I think not.
rant over*

Im honestly curious as to what some supporters think our direction is now?

Has this big pivot been AFL instigated, i.e an ultimatum to get better immediately? It's a huge change in course from just getting some fringe experience players who don't mind playing VFL football in rolling 1 year deals.

Darling, Parker, Houston (admittedly doesn't sit with these two on current form).

We reportedly went hard at Jack Macrae with a proposition of uniting him with Finlay supposedly.
They all fill holes in the list. Cos if nothing else, older tougher bodies is something we lack. Shiels and now Parker are premiership players who can mentor our young midfielders, even LDU to a point. Parker can be a meat shield too (providing we get him obviously.) WE need run and kicking penetration off HB. Lmac isn't that sort of player (or up to it) and Houston is. Should have at least four years left while Goater, Hardeman and Bergman (or their replacements) develop and is decent player.

And that's provided they come/we're actually chasing them.

Our forward line is a shambles. Even Darling should make it more functional.

Even with 6 wins (optimistic IMO) it's still pretty likely we are bottom 2/3.

Gold Coast got 9 wins in 2023 and still finished bottom 4 (Hawks 7 and bottom 3).

I know we’d be cheering having 9 wins even if it meant such a low finish, it’s progression.

YOUNG SWAN UNSURE ON FUTURE​

SYDNEY small forward Jacob Konstanty is still facing an uncertain future at the club, with the former top-20 pick likely to be made to wait until post-season before discussing the potential of a new contract at the Swans.

Konstanty is yet to make his AFL debut after being recruited to the club with the No.20 selection in the 2022 AFL draftr, with the exciting goalkicker still yet to extend his initial two-year draftee contract at the club.

The teenage forward has kicked 14 goals from 12 games in the VFL this year, while averaging 11.4 disposals and four tackles, but hasn't been able to crack coach John Longmire's senior plans.

Speaking to AFL.com.au's trade and draft show Gettable this week, Konstanty's manager Dave Trotter from Hemisphere Management Group said the youngster was still in the dark over his future.

"Obviously, they'll hope they've got a week and a half left," Trotter said of Sydney.

"We'll sit down with the club after the season. He doesn’t know his future at the moment. He might still have a spot at Sydney. Sydney's got a very strong list and they don't have a lot of list spots, in terms of they want to bring a few players in through the draft and they don't have many guys out of contract.

"I think if it wasn't Sydney, he's got a couple of clubs that really liked him in his draft year. There's not many players who are pick No.20, a great kid, super competitive … if you've got those traits, I'd hope that if it wasn't at the Swans – which he hopes it is – then I'd hope he ends up somewhere." – Riley Beveridge

VFL SPEEDSTER ON CLUBS' RADAR​

VFL prospect Riley Bice will have a last chance to show his wares to AFL scouts on Sunday in Werribee's Grand Final clash with Southport.

Club recruiters were out in force last Saturday for Werribee's preliminary final clash with Brisbane's VFL team, with many keeping an eye on Bice, a speedy half-back and line-breaker for Werribee.

UeDVpoSE.jpg

MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA - AUG 03: Riley Bice of the Tigers celebrates a goal during the 2024 VFL Round 19 match between Werribee and Southport Sharks at Avalon Airport Oval on August 03, 2024 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Rob Lawson/AFL Photos)

He had 16 disposals, having collected 26 disposals the previous week in Werribee's first final, with the pacy half-back catching the eye through the season. He has averaged 22 disposals through Werribee's campaign.

Bice, who turns 24 this month, is one of only three VFL players to have been invited to test at the Victorian state Telstra Draft Combine next month, showing clubs have been watching his development.

Clubs are on the watch for any potential mature-age acquisitions after another VFL success for Geelong with Shaun Mannagh, who starred in the Cats' qualifying final against Port Adelaide after being picked from Werribee's program last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gold Coast got 9 wins in 2023 and still finished bottom 4 (Hawks 7 and bottom 3).

I know we’d be cheering having 9 wins even if it meant such a low finish, it’s progression.

I would be ecstatic if we got 9 wins regardless of what our ladder position ended up being, but for that same reason I don't want our f1 involved in any trades whatsoever. The talk around it is making me a bit nervous that we might do something regrettable.

If we can split 2, give one to Port and still have a crack at a first rounder this year whilst picking up a dual all Australian we'd be mad to not have a crack.
Especially someone who provides something we really need in terms of effective use off the backline.

I'd downgrade my membership if we traded a pick likely to be around 20 for a recently delisted player. Not saying I don't want him, just your valuing of good picks seems to be off. I'd say to him "you'll be paid in full and on time", offer a F4 and sit and wait. Not that he isn't worth a touch more, probably a F3, but our F4 is essentially a F3 from any other decent team.

What’s more concerning is that there are possible multiple Chip Scab’s on BF?
Is that the reason for 1?

Houston is nearly 28. If we are recruiting for significant capital it should be in the same age group as Sheezel and co.

I am happy to pick up older players for experience at low cost, if they have genuine leadership ability, but an F1 pick for Houston at this point is madness.
they got corn frances for a 1st rounder. reckon he might be a little bit better recruit than houstin, just saying...

Our age profile for 2025 if we include for discussion purposes (Darling, Houston and Parker):

33 - Jack Darling
32 - Luke Parker
30 - Aiden Corr
30 - Luke McDonald

28 - Dan Houston
28 - Darcy Tucker

27 - Jy Simpkin
27 - Griffin Logue

26 - Nick Larkey
26 - Zac Fisher
26 - Kallan Dawson
26 - Toby Pink
26 - Jayden Stevenson
26 - Tristan Xerri

25 - LDU
25 - Teakle
25 - CCJ

24 - Bailey Scott
24 - Dylan Stephens

23 - Charlie Comben
23 - Tom Powell
23 - Will Phillips
23 - Eddie Ford

22 - Miller Bergman
22 - Paul Curtis

21 - Josh Goater
21 - Finbar Maley
21 - Jackson Archer
21 - Brayden George
21 - Robert Hansen Jr

20 - George Wardlaw
20 - Harry Sheezel
20 - Blake Drury
20 - Riley Hardeman

19 - Colby McKercher
19 - Taylor Goad
19 - Zane Duursma
19 - Geordie Payne
19 - Will Dawson

I would argue the majority of our premiership-worthy talent is 23 and below next year, with the obvious Larkey, Xerri, Logue and LDU being our leaders when that time comes.

I think the two elder inclusions give us experience and strengthen age profiles where we are seriously lacking, it'll be kids running the place otherwise, and will hopefully straighten us up week-to-week while the real talent matures.

We will be very lucky for Houston to be there and firing when we can contend for top 4.

We will be doing well if the 26/27 group are still fit enough to make that push.

If i was making the calls, i'd be strengthening the side for the supporters that turn up every week, the sponsors, all that, while recruiting as much talent into the under 25 category as possible, and prioritising their development above all else.

My apologies.

Here's the amended version.

As Jack sat down, he couldn't help but be spellbound by Jy's sparkling eyes. Luke's open, friendly demeanour and warm manly energy.

Jack might've had an AFL premiership but here right now he was trembling - He was in the presence of leaders with 3x B&Fs between them and more importantly a **** ton of "goodblokesness". What if he made the wrong move, said the wrong thing? Would they still want him?

To be continued..
Please. I've just had dinner

yep the only way our future first would be on the table would be to get a top 5 pick in this draft

otherwise there is no way it should be spoken about
What about F1 for Houston and pick 13 this year? (That's if Port can somehow nab pick 13 this year.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back