List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Horne-Francis some kind of rough chance for the Brownlow, according to FoxSports. Wouldn't that well and truly salt the NM trade/draft wound? Oh, the horror.
That would mean the end of any credibility the Brownlow had as a serious award. Is he even in the best 50 players in the comp?

IMO Dan Houston is being well overrated. I wouldn't be giving up a first round pick in this draft for him given we have so much more pressing needs (key forwards, small forwards), and we have a very good chance at landing a decent one of each (or hopefully more) in this draft. He may be a 2-time AA, here are some other half-back AA's in recent years, how many of these would have been worthy of a top 10 pick?

jack Sinclair x 2
adam saad
daniel rich
bailey dale
darcy byrne-jones
bachar houli
michael Hibberd
nick malceski
brodie smith

IMO Dan Houston is being well overrated. I wouldn't be giving up a first round pick in this draft for him given we have so much more pressing needs (key forwards, small forwards), and we have a very good chance at landing a decent one of each (or hopefully more) in this draft. He may be a 2-time AA, here are some other half-back AA's in recent years, how many of these would have been worthy of a top 10 pick?

jack Sinclair x 2
adam saad
daniel rich
bailey dale
darcy byrne-jones
bachar houli
michael Hibberd
nick malceski
brodie smith
l still like this best...

Our F1st for Adelaides Pick#4 and picks
Our Pick#2 to the Tiggers for pick#6 and #10 if they get them
Offer Pick#10 to Poort for Houston and a pick swap if necessary
Go into the draft with picks#4 and #6

l still like this best...

Our F1st for Adelaides Pick#4 and picks
Our Pick#2 to the Tiggers for pick#6 and #10 if they get them
Offer Pick#10 to Poort for Houston and a pick swap if necessary
Go into the draft with picks#4 and #6
Much rather have a top rated KPF or small forward (Shanahan/Berry) with #10 than a HBF with 4/5 years left who doesn't fill one of our most pressing needs.

Much rather have a top rated KPF or small forward (Shanahan/Berry) with #10 than a HBF with 4/5 years left who doesn't fill one of our most pressing needs.
Improving our scoring efficiency from rebounding isn’t a pressing need?
Having defenders with elite kicks isn’t a pressing need?

If we get a good KPF and a good small fwd in this years draft, what do you think our most pressing positional need will be?

We need good players.
I'm all for Houston.
He's not the perfect fit I agree but nor is just taking the best 18 year old every year in the draft.
Bight the bullet time.
If good players want to come get them.
Agree.

The revisionism around here that he isn’t an out and out gun is weird.

He’s a legit match winner and if we were lucky enough to get him, he’d be one of our top three players come round one.

His durability is better than basically anyone on our list too.

Get Armstrong with our first pick and thats our KPF accounted for....If we end up with pick#6 also the options are there if Brady and Co want a small forward with it or if they have someone else in mind. Berry would be handy but surely there are other small forwards later on if we want. Dont forget that Clarko seems to be giving RHJ more games. Having Houston would mean we dont have to keep playing MacDonald also..

Improving our scoring efficiency from rebounding isn’t a pressing need?
Having defenders with elite kicks isn’t a pressing need?

If we get a good KPF and a good small fwd in this years draft, what do you think our most pressing positional need will be?
I think we need at least two young KPFs to develop and two small forwards who can come in and (a) get up and down the ground to provide options and (b) increase our pressure in the forward half.

Regarding scoring efficiency on the rebound, an elite kicker won't make much of a difference if we cannot spread the ground more effectively, and then have to resort to bombing the ball to the wings as we do now. So another quick mid with an elite tank would also be a need.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amazing the amount of people who don’t see this as the biggest issue.
If we don't start getting some positive momentum next season then this club is dead in the water. It's amazing the amount of people who don't seem to understand the gravity of our situation.

We've won 15 games in 5 seasons. It could very easily be 17 or 18 wins in 6 seasons after next year.

We desperately need players, who are amongst our 6 best players, who have won games before. Our young players need actual mentors.

It's not a video game, it's the real world. The optimum rebuild strategy has to factor in the inevitability of outside forces getting sick of our club being a burden on the rest of the competition.

Agree.

He’s a legit match winner and if we were lucky enough to get him, he’d be one of our top three players come round one.

Sorry, but that is bullsh$t. Prior to Houston being on the market, and the associated rumours of him possibly being a target, how many on here have posted something along the lines of 'Geez, that Houston is a gun, exactly what we need, we should be selling the farm for him'. If for some reason ($$$) he wants to come and play for us, and we have to spend a whole lot of draft capital, then I can't wait for the posters who advocated for the trade to start to piss & moan about how we have no developing KFPs to kick to, and no small forwards who can apply a bit of defensive pressure.

Agree.

I’m on the fence with him but he is a gun and we should expect a very good 5-6 years of him with his durability, if he was 26 I’d reckon more people would be on board. There’s a lot of lingering grief about dealing with Port though.

I know it's unlikely we end up as the destination for Houston, but I sincerely hope we aren't offering our f1 in any way for a rich mans Bread Mckenzie. IDGAF if he is AA.
there are multiple times this year where a player like Houstan would have helped us win games.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back