List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Has that been confirmed somewhere? We hear that around but havent seen anything official.

Didn’t Gold Coast go down more the established player route than GWS and were worse anywhere, or is my memory cooked?

I recall Dillon mentioning it, Sam Landsberger was pushing it and he rarely ran with wrong AFL business info.

I think both teams focused on having as much maturity as possible and were allowed to take one uncontracted player from each team (not to mention the ambassador roles of Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau). GWS seemed to be happier to hit the draft though.

They’ve only got about 3 or 4 players under 26 playing this weekend don’t they?

Humphries, Holmes, Bruhn, Mullin, Dempsey, Stengle, Ollie Henry, Neale and Miers are all under 26.

Close, Guthrie and Jack Henry all turned 26 in the last couple of months.

They're not actually that old, their veterans just seem to play forever,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought we signed Biggie on a 2 year deal? Looks like it was just 1?
Maybe he was 6 games short of a trigger clause, or another way to look at it 10 games off being an AFL role player.

I wonder if Sellers was taken by Geelong and had 18 months in their system to see if he would be any better a player? His baptism of fire was like lambs to the slaughter for his 2 game career with us.

Humphries, Holmes, Bruhn, Mullin, Dempsey, Stengle, Ollie Henry, Neale and Miers are all under 26.

So they have more over 30 year olds than under 26s playing this weekend.

I recall Dillon mentioning it, Sam Landsberger was pushing it and he rarely ran with wrong AFL business info.

I think both teams focused on having as much maturity as possible and were allowed to take one uncontracted player from each team (not to mention the ambassador roles of Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau). GWS seemed to be happier to hit the draft though.

I think both GWS and GC recruited a similar amount of mature players. GC targeted players between 25 and 30 with players like Ablett, Boch, Harbrow, etc. Where as GWS went after younger types like Ward, Davis, Scully, etc and then added some experience with older types like McDonald, Cornes, Brogan and Power.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Maybe he was 6 games short of a trigger clause, or another way to look at it 10 games off being an AFL role player.

I wonder if Sellers was taken by Geelong and had 18 months in their system to see if he would be any better a player? His baptism of fire was like lambs to the slaughter for his 2 game career with us.

Sellers deserved more games

Their veterans play for a long time and then get replaced without anyone noticing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back