List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm in the get Houston camp. But I do think geelong would never pay the price we would be willing too.
They don’t need to. They are a powerhouse club. One of the OGs. Perennially well funded, run and coached. With huge advantages to recruiting having an affiliated VFL and Coates League team. They have a massive advantage with their home stadium, while halving Victorian hone ground advantage being a proxi Melbourne team. While it may not look like it, they are still milking the cow of having 4 HOF FS players come through their system in the last 25 years.

Star players go there because they always win. They have never finished lower than 13th or something ridiculous like that.

DOB 12 May 1997

So to be clear, Houston is 27 and won’t turn 28 until Round 9-10 next season.

At the end of five seasons with us he would be 32 and if we’re not contending by this point then I give up.

Thankyou, don't know how many times I've mentioned it!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Owies vs Konstanty is hard to split for mine

Konstanty a top 20 pick who was a gun junior big upside and only 19 vs Owies 27 who will impact and can hit the scoreboard but has limitations to his game, and less upside

a future 3rd for either

Konstanty more defensive pressure though and that's the key diff is it not

Maybe he was 6 games short of a trigger clause, or another way to look at it 10 games off being an AFL role player.

I wonder if Sellers was taken by Geelong and had 18 months in their system to see if he would be any better a player? His baptism of fire was like lambs to the slaughter for his 2 game career with us.

I did wonder if he would get another go once our structure was better post bye... they had opportunities to bring him in but clearly didn't see it as kept playing pink...

Port don't want to lose Houston. He's integral to how they structure up behind the footy when they want to move the ball forward.

On almost every occasion, Houston dictates the direction of the ball and ensures they can get territory gain.

I don't think we realise how much of a benefit he would be to us. Whether he wants to come or not is the question not how much he's worth (that will be taken care of).

Port don't want to lose Houston. He's integral to how they structure up behind the footy when they want to move the ball forward.

On almost every occasion, Houston dictates the direction of the ball and ensures they can get territory gain.

I don't think we realise how much of a benefit he would be to us. Whether he wants to come or not is the question not how much he's worth (that will be taken care of).
Yep he's an underrated gun.
I'm not going to keep arguing for him though.
We won't get him.
No point wasting our thought on it.

Yep he's an underrated gun.
I'm not going to keep arguing for him though.
We won't get him.
No point wasting our thought on it.
Look, anything is possible but we did this to ourselves when we toyed with delaying our rebuild. We shouldn't be in this situation right now but we are.

We've gone from attracting guns like Higgins and Waite to considering Darling and Parker on their last few years.

That's a pretty bad situation to be in.

Dare I say throw the warchest at anyone that might bite.

I am just so disappointed that we have to obtain the experience from elsewhere and that essentially means we don't rate our internal options. Getting done by 96 then 124 will confirm that.

Can't keep going like this though. The coaches and list managers need to push as hard as they can to get that rusted bolt to come loose.

Houston would fill two of our biggest needs. An elite ball used across HB, who isn't a physical liability, and an experienced player who knows how to win.

We have a lot of players who can be mediocre half backs, so it gets overlooked as a weakness, but it is a huge issue. That's not discounting that some could develop but we don't have a good one, yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching a few mins of the game against Sydney tonight and they've turned over the ball a few times already. Two goals for Sydney from turnover thus far.

Poor ball users in the back half will hurt you when trying to attack against good teams.

They don’t need to. They are a powerhouse club. One of the OGs. Perennially well funded, run and coached. With huge advantages to recruiting having an affiliated VFL and Coates League team. They have a massive advantage with their home stadium, while halving Victorian hone ground advantage being a proxi Melbourne team. While it may not look like it, they are still milking the cow of having 4 HOF FS players come through their system in the last 25 years.

Star players go there because they always win. They have never finished lower than 13th or something ridiculous like that.
But what have they got to offer Poort...who can say where Houston ends up compared to us?

Corr on his last legs too.
Better to have someone to pair up with Comben for the long term.
Last legs? What bullshit is this? Until he shows impairment in his football output, he's a valued contributor. For ****'s sake, old players should not, as a matter of course, be shot in the rear field like a maimed ****ing horse

We need Parker, I love that he has some absolute c##t in him. Loved him in that 1/4 time scrap with Butters.
Bit of a biff with Mumma's Boy as well. Get him in.

(On the downside, he's playing forward a lot - does he still have extended midfield time in him?)

Pre-knee he was an absolute freak athlete. Have a look at some of these highlights:

These were his WAFL stats pre-ACL: marks/goals/tackles would all be rated elite for a 200cm forward.
View attachment 2114866

...and these are his WAFL stats this year coming off an ACL.

View attachment 2114868

Holy bajezers that's a highlight package... 199cm?!

I'll take that potential Vs a Toby Pink level good honest tryer any day.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back