List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of experience, sure. Maybe pick 2 for him and Dickson?

Boomer should still be playing so we'll get plenty of years out of em.

Anyone under 25 can play VFL until they win 3 flags in a row.

Another one who needs to check spelling of players' names. Not that hard!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Parker was engaging Aliir Aliir at every contest and inside 50 to prevent Port getting an intercept outlet. By restricting the rebound 50s, it allows the players in the corridor to continue blocking entry.

Very smart coaching made worse by the absence of Houston.

I’ve heard his name pop up a few times in here, sell me on the kid,
I’ve seen him listed as a defensive forward is he Kayne Turner manic pressure or can he hurt you on the scoreboard?

A Small pressure forward who is hard running both ways, tackles and kicks goals. Great kid, humble. Go back and watch the 2022 Vic Country v Vic Metro Grandfinal. After a quiet first quarter, he teamed up with his best mate Bailey Humphrey well and started to have an influence.

Under 18 highlights:

IMG_7637.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Parker would be bringing up 300 with us early next season
We have suddenly become a destination club for players wanting to get their 300th game. We offer no pressure in getting dropped. Who else can we attract aside from Darling and Parker out there? Which of our current players will get to chair them in their milestone game? Ooh the excitement 2025 brings 🤣

Crazy how Geelong have made finals again with 9 players over 30, and we’re still behaving like anyone over 28 needs to be euthanised.
Great-humourous post! It has already been established that we have a very good young core however it is missing the top end mature leadership that other clubs have.

We can keep going to the draft and perhaps take a gamble on a late pick but ultimately, it just becomes a loop. Be shit for the season, get high draft pick, be shit again, get high draft pick... no ending to this madness.

If we get a few oldies that can raise our floor a little bit which then lifts the blokes in the middle, I can see where we can take advantage of the free agency and trade period. Larkey needs that wingman (Darling), RHJ might just be the answer to our small forward woes, Parker (if he does come) sorts out the big-bodied mid requirement etc.

But in all honesty, if Lmac and Jy can't lift their game for us on a consistent basis, then we're going to have to replace them quicker than expected. Although that sounds like music to this board's ears, it is not something that should be celebrated. They need to bloody stand up and take control of this mess. What excuse is there now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some people just waffle on this forum.

Show Waffle GIF by FOX TV

As just posted in the Clarko thread, the 90s Roos were a young list that got beaten around and they figured out to win. Getting that big young group going to war together early made them ruthless.
They’d also won a conveyor belt of premierships in the 19s so already had success together.

That’s often discounted when we reminisce.

A couple of experienced players added to the list is only going to do us good.

Big Ischenko was at the end of his career and no superstar but was effective in allowing McKernan time to develop.

Blakey came at 27 and was a rock down back and on the wing for us, no doubt assisting the development of our youngsters.

We need experience desperately and that’s only going to fast track the development of the significant talent we already have on our list.

I only watched a bit of the footy last night but it was clear that Heeney has a special relationship with Parker. suspect he’s played a mentoring.

I’m not sure how much he will be able to contribute on field but I can think of lots of our players that could use his experience and follow his lead - including Jy and McDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back