List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember when this board absolutely shat on idea of getting Melican for not much from Sydney?

He played basically every game for the Swans this year and plays off for a flag next week.

That’s the definition of this board during trade week. Everyone is a “shitmen” but then during the year we complain so much about our own.

I think both GWS and GC recruited a similar amount of mature players. GC targeted players between 25 and 30 with players like Ablett, Boch, Harbrow, etc. Where as GWS went after younger types like Ward, Davis, Scully, etc and then added some experience with older types like McDonald, Cornes, Brogan and Power.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
GWS = signed experienced, mature 29+ players along with two extremely successful ex premiership coaches, throw in Gubby Allen to oversee the footy dept, Paul Kelly basically to sell the club to NSW players, John Quinn to oversee the medicos..along with excellent drafting/AFL assistant...basically the model you'd probably used to build a club from scratch.

GC= Spent a lot of effort recruiting Ablett Jr. Signed a lot of uncontracted players like Josh Fraser to Campbell Brown, AFL instilled Auld on the board, a rookie coach in Mckenna but really wanted North to relocate, that was the AFL trump card. When that didn't happen, Ablett did well to nearly march them to a finals but it's probably the example of how not to build a team from scratch...and really this is the AFLs club .

Do we? He could stay but if he does then we move on to the next option.
Which is?

Fair bit to play out in terms of us landing Parker me thinks.

The selfless role he played last night though is 100% why he is exactly the type we need to be going after.

There’d be a fair bit less aggro from the supporter base (at least my camp) if the clubs approach to experience was quality over quantity. I don’t mean stars of the comp, I mean guys with that leadership pedigree. Opposed to what appears to be just anyone with a DOB 28+.

You’d think some of the other under performing teams like aints and * need some leadership

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back