List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to trade out of next year's draft and try get Houston into the club. We don't and shouldn't need many more top 5 picks.

We should have won 5 games this year. Yes the last 2 games were shit, but we should beaten the Pies and WC.

A full season from Logue, a better Larkey season, leadership of Parker & Houston, plus the natural improvement from Wardlaw, Sheezel, Colby, Curtis, Archer etc should net us 7-8 wins. Surely we can 'pop' if we learn how to win.

Take a FOS, Reid or Armstrong with pick 2. And maybe a Faull, Whitlock or Dattoli at pick 22. Can we get our hands on Brisbane's pick 18 or Essendon's pick 28?

Target a Balta as a FA next year and the premiership window could be open in 2026.

Houston is flat out not worth the price we would need to pay.
Not against the idea in theory but if we are giving up a likely top 3 pick it has to be for the right player.

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense to trade out of next year's draft and try get Houston into the club. We don't and shouldn't need many more top 5 picks.

We should have won 5 games this year. Yes the last 2 games were shit, but we should beaten the Pies and WC.

A full season from Logue, a better Larkey season, leadership of Parker & Houston, plus the natural improvement from Wardlaw, Sheezel, Colby, Curtis, Archer etc should net us 7-8 wins. Surely we can 'pop' if we learn how to win.

Take a FOS, Reid or Armstrong with pick 2. And maybe a Faull, Whitlock or Dattoli at pick 22. Can we get our hands on Brisbane's pick 18 or Essendon's pick 28?

Target a Balta as a FA next year and the premiership window could be open in 2026.
7-8 wins won't get you out of the bottom four since the AFL started 25 rounds with 2 byes. Before that it wouldn't get you out of the bottom five.

Not against the idea in theory but if we are giving up a likely top 3 pick it has to be for the right player.
This year should be the last year we go balls deep into drafting elite 18 year olds. So this makes it 4 years in a row. Surely that's enough. Time to let them develop and top up with experience by trading for them.

Fill the gaps via trade and free agency.

If we want a first rounders next year, trade our 2026 and 2027 picks. Time to climb up the ladder.

I don't think he's the worst player available. if we get 100 top quality games out of an AA player that's good value. Dunno if its worth a top 5 pick tho.

I don't think he's the worst player available. if we get 100 top quality games out of an AA player that's good value. Dunno if its worth a top 5 pick tho.
I’m a bit torn with this one, I think we overvalue picks but also want 200 games from a top five pick. Maybe a future first with their future first coming back.

I’m a bit torn with this one, I think we overvalue picks but also want 200 games from a top five pick. Maybe a future first with their future first coming back.
If we get five high quality seasons from him the last 2 or 3 could be in a premiership window. But alot would have to go right to see that happen. I'm watching this VFL GF and even in that the use off the backline is so important.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe not but it means we give up a very high draft pick for him in a year we might want Duursma's younger brother..
We need to get good elite experienced leaders around the top 5 picks we already have. To nurture them and develop then. Otherwise they don't develop, not learn winnings ways, and inevitably stagnate.

Yes it means sacrificing another top pick in 2025, but seriously, the kids we have need to blossom and someone like Houston could help with that more so than a skinny kid in 2025.

Glenelg beat Norwood in the grand final in the game of the year after Norwood led all day, Liam McBean, awesome with 7 goals, the 30 year old 202cm forward couldn't be stopped as he played a blinder.

Glenelg beat Norwood in the grand final in the game of the year after Norwood led all day, Liam McBean, awesome with 7 goals, the 30 year old 202cm forward couldn't be stopped as he played a blinder.
Liam McBean = the Tracy

IYKYK

Liam Anthony and a 3rd rounder for Isaac Heeney.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back