List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah any negative questions will be binned
What is a negative draft or trade question? This isn't about revisionism this is about the upcoming trade and draft period.

There are so many different opinions on;
Whether we use pick 2 or split it and if we do split it what we could / should get in return.
Who we should take in the draft best available, fill list gaps, mixture of both.
Whether we should put up our F1 to get an extra pick this year.
Whether we should put up our F1 to trade in a player like Dan Houston.

This forum is full of suggestions, recommendations and opinions I don't see why anyone wouldn't take the time to put forward one of their burning questions.

Last edited:
I don’t reckon Richmond should bank on band 1 compensation for Balta, similar to the Saints thinking they’ll get it for Battle.

No team other than those involved in the deal would suggest Battle is worth band 1. Every other club will look at it and complain and the AFL should/will change the rule.

The fact we got pick 3 for McKay is further evidence that the system is flawed.

Luke Parker - The Cool Hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Luke Parker - The Cool Hand
Classic Film Egg GIF

Put up or shut up, give it your best shot, time to put forward all of your draft and trade scenarios.
View attachment 2119292
They used to actually answer the “tough” questions. They’ve now become watered down non-committal waffle. The one positive is that Clarkson isn’t on this one, because he honestly just rolls out his standard media answers despite it being framed as a member exclusive Q&A…

Luke Parker - The "Yes M'Lady"

I don’t reckon Richmond should bank on band 1 compensation for Balta, similar to the Saints thinking they’ll get it for Battle.

No team other than those involved in the deal would suggest Battle is worth band 1. Every other club will look at it and complain and the AFL should/will change the rule.

The fact we got pick 3 for McKay is further evidence that the system is flawed.

Rich think someone will offer 1.3m which is more than enough for band 1... whether anyone would is another matter! Maybe for Weitering but not sure anyone else

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Wasn’t in finals team

What do you offer to a balta if you’re offering a top 10 sdk

He wasn't but he should be... I think he is better than Henry and Guthrie personally. I'd be offering similar.... balta is more established but is also three years older. You could nearly get 10 yrs out of SDK

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can see offers of $1.3 mil x 6 years coming for Balta next year and if Balta can be convinced to leave Rich ond would allow it to go throw with the #2 compo

If it was to get done this year i couldnt imagine anything apart from your 2024 #2 without anything going back to get that done. But id be certain Richmond would be thinking play him another year and take #2 and either Dyson/Ludowyke with that pick in 2025. I love Balta but i think that combination along with our haul this year would just about complete all pieces of the rebuild and hunt for a free agent /s in 2026
I would do 2 for Balta right now, it means we have some the flexibility to move Chom/Balta back forward.
Where did this Balta talk actually come from though?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back