List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This part is why I'm wary:

But he’s been called out for taking things too easy during his time on the Gold Coast, with Fox Footy’s David King taking aim at Lukosius’ defensive efforts last year.

“You know why he’s a whipping boy? Because he puts in efforts like this. This destroys any form of culture you have at your footy club,” King said of Lukosius’ decision not to chase Bomber Nic Martin in round 2.

“It makes me wonder: Is Jack the sickness or the cure? Is he there to correct this problem and take this club forward? He’s on big money and he’s been a high draft pick and all those things, but in the end, you act your way in and out of a footy club.”

It’s that competitiveness that might make a potential suitor think twice.

If Lukosius does go to Adelaide, we have to be on the phone to Gollant. Kicked 8 on the weekend in the SANFL. Would be an interesting guy to fill Pinky’s role as third tall/more defensive key forward, he’s pretty agile for a tall so would be able to put on good pressure. Last time Clarko recruited a young key forward from Adelaide…

Anyways, has been mentioned yearly in this thread and could potentially even be delisted, would come very cheap now that he’s out of contract. Has upside.

If we were legit about drafting a cricket player who last played u/18’s some years ago.

Why not try and probe that previous top ten KPF SA pick who retired after a year? Lives in Melbourne and is back to playing some sort of local level

If Lukosius does go to Adelaide, we have to be on the phone to Gollant. Kicked 8 on the weekend in the SANFL. Would be an interesting guy to fill Pinky’s role as third tall/more defensive key forward, he’s pretty agile for a tall so would be able to put on good pressure. Last time Clarko recruited a young key forward from Adelaide…

Anyways, has been mentioned yearly in this thread and could potentially even be delisted, would come very cheap now that he’s out of contract. Has upside.

Didn’t someone mention earlier this year that he was nearly traded to us - last year.

Think he was a north fan

** Dan Houston and ** Jack Lukosius. These are the players I want us to be balls deep into this year to add valuable experience, a winning culture and some that can be role players until we find the right replacements in the long term.

Out of Contract this year
One year deals, possible trigger for second. 2 year deals for younger players.
DFA or trade for basically nothing.

Ryan Lester – Experienced defender.
Steele Sidebottom – Experienced winger/half forward
Jake Kolodjashnij – Experienced medium defender to take oppo 3rd tall
Nick Haynes – Experienced medium defender to take oppo 3rd tall. Set up defensive structures.
Tim Membrey – Experienced medium forward to play the “Pink” role.

Ben Paton – Lockdown small, showed promise prior to injuries. Replace Lmac.
Jacob Konstanty – Inexperienced lively small forward from Swans. Vic boy might want to come home.
Ned McHenry – Some AFL experience lively small forward from 2018 “super draft”. Vic boy might want to come
Matt Owies – 70 gamer, 28 year old. Can kick goals, fill gap till we find a long-term small forward.

OFC in 2025, trade for them now?
Brayden Maynard – Brother works at the club. Defensive leadership, passion and 100% effort, flies the flag. Would cost a lot.
Jack Viney – Father works at the club. General leadership, passion and 100% effort, flies the flag. Would cost a lot.
Luke Parker – replace Shiels. Experienced gun.
You lost me at sidebottom

It is changing.

It just takes time. What we were left with post Noble was a dumpster fire. Throw in a Hawthorn racism scandal derailing our head coach and massive loss of experience in one year into the mix.

What did people expect?

It’s a young team that is still learning how to play the game.

It is frustrating, but it takes time.

This year we will bring in some more talent, players have another year under their belt and will do another preseason.

If people can’t see the change, they aren’t looking close enough.

Now is not the time to blink and top up for a few more cheap wins.
Exactly. That's short term thinking like * or Saints. Build through the draft and try make some smart acquisitions that don't cost much in terms of draft capital (3rd/4th round) or pick trades that get a player and and still keep three picks inside 40 in such a deep draft. You can pick up state league players in the 4th/5th round or rookie draft.

I would love Fogarty but no way he would leave Adelaide unfortunately... Gollant obviously being vic much more chance with a lot less runs on the board

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mum just came into my room and said “omg Petracca put himself on the market, he should come to the Roos”

MUM FOR LIST MANAGER

(Joke, but is it really😜)

Good idea, works well for clubs like Geelong and Hawthorn. Never comes off for us though.

Building through the draft seems to be the only thing working for us of late.

On Pixel 8 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

That's the only thing we really need to do.

People say geelong this and that, they had selwood and dangerfield for 11 and 8 years respectively to build team around.

Well, sheezal wardlaw will be people we can build the team around over the next 15 years.

ummmm, nope, we go through the draft, we need to do it properly, we've had great draft years in 22, 23, we need to nail at least 2 more to have an extensive core list of players. Perhaps in 2027, we can trade out some picks for players as all the clubs will be scrambling for picks before tasmania comes in.

Mum just came into my room and said “omg Petracca put himself on the market, he should come to the Roos”

MUM FOR LIST MANAGER

(Joke, but is it really😜)
My mate is right to go minus a bone spur in his foot, come on down. Yeah, these threads are ridiculous. Geoff Raines is still in good nick, Might be worth having a word in his ear. :) :think::huh::(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back