List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colby will never be full time mid.

He absolutely will. Once they move him up the ground and he starts nailing targets inside 50 and kicking long goals on the run they’ll have no choice but to keep him as a full time mid.

I see our biggest weakness as having NFI how to set up at a stoppage, how to set up to get repeat inside 50’s, how to shutdown a game and take a minute or two off the clock at the end of qtrs, how to push back and help the back 6, how to work for each other and create opportunities for your teammates etc.

Yes, our kids are going to be the ones that take us forward, but we need to educate them the right way and experienced players will help with that.
I see most of that as coaching. It shouldn't need an old bloke in the middle reinforcing it. I look at the way Hawthorn have changed the way they move the ball this year. It is all speed and hard running to empty space from their young midfielders and small forwards. They have some old blokes to help them set up in defense but those guys aren't playing midfield or running much in transition.

I doubt Clarko's giving away any secrets, but knowing we're going after one of the better senior players (vs Stephens, fisher, lol) for leadership, but not throwing away pick 2 is very helpful.
Yeah I think he was probably just throwing up some names of senior players in and out of the side, apart from Viney.
I'm sure we'd have some names we'd be going after privately, even if its laying the groundwork for end of 2025.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a game of 500 used to be a staple in my family at christmas, but my parents have now passed on and it's harder to get people together. Good times.
yea it was phillip island school holidays for me

Would've thought any of those contracted players Clarko mentioned would take (at least) our second rounder to get.

Which is the pick many posters are speculating we'd get a KPF with.

Surely we aren't going rely on SSPs and DFAs for KPFs again this year.

Don't we need to delist three players from our main list every year?

By my reckoning, the only non-rookies that are contracted only to 2024 are Phillips, Taylor and Lazzaro. If I'm right, these players won't be with us next year.

By my reckoning, the only non-rookies that are contracted only to 2024 are Phillips, Taylor and Lazzaro. If I'm right, these players won't be with us next year.
You forgot TT, Harvey and Greenwood

Could also pay out Biggie or CCJ

We have a spare senior list spot without delisting a senior player

Started the year with 37 senior listed can go to 38 and have a rookie less than what we started the year with

Technically could delist Thomas and greenwood plus a bunch of rookies and would have 3 senior list spots free

This is where saying two firsts is pointless as the range of two firsts is huge. Ie someone can give them pick 18 and pick 20 that's two firsts is that enough no

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You think Poorta will accept pick 18 and 20. Pick 20 is essentially a second round pick. Poorta will want 2 x top 15’s.

“Dad, they want two firsts in the trading post”

Tell em they’re dreamin

We have a spare senior list spot without delisting a senior player

Started the year with 37 senior listed can go to 38 and have a rookie less than what we started the year with

Technically could delist Thomas and greenwood plus a bunch of rookies and would have 3 senior list spots free
That's if the AFL lets us keep the rookie spots. And that would only give us 3 picks in the ND. We'll need the flexibility of a 4th spot open just in case some other club bids on River late in the ND or a player slides to pick 58 we like.
And with potential player trades we might have a few more go out of uncontracted Taylor, Lazzaro, Phillips or perhaps even those contracted like CCJ, Stevo, Nyuon or Harvey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back