List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

In trades that will never happen but I am keen to understand value of recent draft picks if north traded Zane and Will Phill for Caddy and Tastas who needs to give an extra pick to get it done ?

Could do. I can see him in a Geelong guernsey too for some reason

I don't think there is any rush to trade him out, let the market decide.

If no takers, we keep him on with 1 year deal until he can string together a full season as a midtier midfielder.

Richmond had a lot of players of phillips type who could hold down a position and let the star players be the icing on cake.

By that token then phillips is actally quite important as him and powell should be a decent centre pair...when fully fit.

I see our biggest weakness as having NFI how to set up at a stoppage, how to set up to get repeat inside 50’s, how to shutdown a game and take a minute or two off the clock at the end of qtrs, how to push back and help the back 6, how to work for each other and create opportunities for your teammates etc.

Yes, our kids are going to be the ones that take us forward, but we need to educate them the right way and experienced players will help with that.
Its funny how our players don't know how to do this but most on here think they do.

We have a spare senior list spot without delisting a senior player

Started the year with 37 senior listed can go to 38 and have a rookie less than what we started the year with

Technically could delist Thomas and greenwood plus a bunch of rookies and would have 3 senior list spots free
There are 7 delistings incoming

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given Todd is our head of footy, you have to think this attempt to get Viney has more behind it than most.

I reckon it happens on that basis. I also haven't seen any of the stuff you usually get around sons coming to clubs where the dad works.
Love to see the outrage of Viney coming to join Todd after we got absolutely ****ed by Blakey choosing swans for the same reason

In trades that will never happen but I am keen to understand value of recent draft picks if north traded Zane and Will Phill for Caddy and Tastas who needs to give an extra pick to get it done ?
I would be taking zane over nate and id keep phillips over tsatziki

Thomas, greenwood, shiels, free, RHJ, Drury would be the 6 I get rid of. Keep everyone else

With the spare senior list spot gives us 3 senior list spots and 2 rookies (as msd guys take spots)
I reckon one of Lazzaro and Phillips will be gone. I love will but its not looking great. Especially when a 38 year old is playing and he is dropped. Phillips did **** up bad against Yeo late in the game. Still thinks he survives the cut

Thomas, greenwood, shiels, free, RHJ, Drury would be the 6 I get rid of. Keep everyone else

With the spare senior list spot gives us 3 senior list spots and 2 rookies (as msd guys take spots)

This is assuming we land no players via trade/Free agency
The only thing saving CCJ is his Achilles… he got himself another years pay … because you can’t delist him like this ..
1 year for rehab no footy (2024)
1 year for slowly getting himself right thru a lot of VFL games (2025)
Delist …. He is poo 💩

Shiels, Free, Drury, Lazarro, Taylor, Greenwood, Thomas.

Based on the year so far thats where it’s at.
I haven’t really thought about it but this looks pretty spot on for mine.

I haven’t really thought about it but this looks pretty spot on for mine.
7 is the number based on the current list sizes plus draftees plus rookies. Im fairly certain thats how it rolls on an evidence based opinion. who knows, Clarkson might rate Taylor, he did perform fairly well.

You think Poorta will accept pick 18 and 20. Pick 20 is essentially a second round pick. Poorta will want 2 x top 15’s.

“Dad, they want two firsts in the trading post”

Tell em they’re dreamin

No I don't... the point was it's not about two firsts, it's about where those picks are in the top 20.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back