List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Tigers supporter - interested in the opinions of supporters who are attached to a rebuilding club as this is our next few years.

Firstly Richmond has no choice but to trade out players in their prime such as Bolton, Rioli etc as they have trade value now, however, will not in 2 or 3 years. We are an aged team whose list is stuffed/past it and totally injury prone. We need youth injections and the risk is to not trade out as our players will eventually have less suitors as they age further.

Has North erred in not keeping a few of their older players or bringing in a few from other clubs whilst kids were developing?

Your rebuild has taken too long and I’d like to no why this is.

Even though your ladder position is not good, your base now is and it won’t be long until you impact.
Our gameplan has been to continiously draft kids that need 2-3 years in the system and reward older players due to not having depth.
Issue is that players from other clubs just don't want to come to the roos.

Sheils has retired.

Thanks for everything you have done for our club. We have been lucky to have you when you could have chosen to sit on the couch and have a beer.

1. Going back even as far as 10 years ago, we cut way too deep and we weren't left many decent mature players with experience to provide leadership or to set standards.

2. We went through a stack of coaches in a short period of time leading to unrest in the playing group.

3. Our off field situation from board level to line coaches to fitness coaches to rehab was an absolute schmozzle.

4. Over the years we torched a heap of later first round picks and 2nd round picks on players that were not up to standard and never developed.

5. Over recent years we have failed to address our KP needs and have continually gone to the draft and gone after midfielders leaving holes in key areas of the field.

6. The Tarryn Thomas & JHF situations also robbed us of talent and depth.

7. We overpaid for fringe players like Coleman Jones and Dylan Stephens.

8. We've failed to attract any higher end free agents or mature recruits.

9. We failed to get adequate value out of decent players like Brown, Higgins and JHF.

Ultimately, everything that could've gone wrong, has gone wrong for us.

As I said in a previous post, even you if trade Bolton/Rioli/Baker/Graham you are still going to have plenty of experience there to guide the upcoming guns. Balta, Vlastuin, Broad, Taranto, Hopper and Nankervis is a solid platform to build upon.
Thanks for a very objective description of Norths issues. Hopefully we don’t do exactly the same. As yet North do not seem to have enough KP players. Do you think you may use your early pick(s) to select these types.? Eg Armstrong or more onballers?

For me, we may as well get rid of Fisher.
Every week I watch a bloke with no right foot, run by on the right hand side calling for a handball. Only to run into trouble and circle back around on his left losing any advantage of receiving the fast handball in the first place.
It is infuriating to me, and how he is not being called out on it, I have no idea.
It was the exact same problem at Carlton. I like that he wants the ball, I hate that he hasn't yet worked out how to be in the best position to receive it.
Reeks of dumb footballer with reasonable skills, but still dumb.

Has North erred in not keeping a few of their older players or bringing in a few from other clubs whilst kids were developing?

Yes. Your top 8 or so players all being under 130 games is a recipe for losing. 5-6 of our top 8 started the year with under 50 games.

You'd ideally want 3-4 of your top 8 being 150+ gamers, at least.

1. Going back even as far as 10 years ago, we cut way too deep and we weren't left many decent mature players with experience to provide leadership or to set standards.

2. We went through a stack of coaches in a short period of time leading to unrest in the playing group.

3. Our off field situation from board level to line coaches to fitness coaches to rehab was an absolute schmozzle.

4. Over the years we torched a heap of later first round picks and 2nd round picks on players that were not up to standard and never developed.

5. Over recent years we have failed to address our KP needs and have continually gone to the draft and gone after midfielders leaving holes in key areas of the field.

9. We failed to get adequate value out of decent players like Brown, Higgins and JHF.

As I said in a previous post, even you if trade Bolton/Rioli/Baker/Graham you are still going to have plenty of experience there to guide the upcoming guns. Balta, Vlastuin, Broad, Taranto, Hopper and Nankervis is a solid platform to build upon.

Will Arnett Netflix GIF by BoJack Horseman

I don’t think it’s been confirmed Biggie is contracted for next year.

Footywire have him a 1 year deal, in no press release at his recruitment did I read it confirming the deal length.

We were able to sign him because Richmond didn’t offer him a deal. 1 year could have triggered that.

Footywire has Biggie down to the end of 2025.

What a joke, he said he was happy to stay , then changed the narrative to we will see, then signed on again.
We've got to stop this. Adewale Mike Aladesanmi the Nigerian Prince from the Nigeria's was indeed correct.

You don't do this shit during the season, you hit 'em up after the final siren and say this offer expires in 24 hours. Your call.

FMD,FML, FFS!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're at the point now where a player manager will try to use North to get a better deal for his client who already plays for North.

Tom Morris "Reports out of Arden Street that Luke Davies-Uniacke is unhappy with the club and is looking for a move. I have it on good authority that Kangaroos are leading the race for his signature"

Tom Morris "In major trade news Luke Davies-Uniacke has rebuffed an approach from the Kangaroos and re-signed with North Melbourne"

Last edited:
Parker and wines >>>> viney

Viney would’ve provided more years of on-field coaching and is an absolute physical mongrel. Parker is physical but doesn’t have long to go before the end. Wines is slow, low-impact and I also don’t think he has the leadership qualities of a Parker or Viney.

But when the shit hits the fan we will still get a hiding or two.

And I’d rather allow these guys to work it out together - that’s what will give them the chemistry long term.

Sometimes it’s difficult to remember the days when McLuggage, Berry, Andrews, McInenrey, Hipwood, Starcevich, Bailey were running around for Brisbane and we would constantly beat them by 10-12 goals at Etihad while they were surrounded by spuds.

You gotta take some licks and I reckon there’ll be less as we allow the core crew we have at the moment in Sheeze, Warlord, X, PC, Arch, Duurs grow as a collective.
We have already take twice as many floggings as Brisbane in their last trough. We don’t need any more.

Last edited:
Lmao if this is the case, it’s clearly a weird ‘hey can you help us get a few more years’.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sydney do the same with Parker, and so they should sign a legend of their club. It’s seems not too many teams have a griffin from an anymore. We got way too lucky with Shiels

Lmao if this is the case, it’s clearly a weird ‘hey can you help us get a few more years’.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Sydney do the same with Parker, and so they should sign a legend of their club. It’s seems not too many teams have a griffin from an anymore. We got way too lucky with Shiels

Can't say I agree with this. Melbourne are in free-fall on a PR level, they re-signed Gawn earlier in the week. It's just flipping the script as best they can.

What a joke, he said he was happy to stay , then changed the narrative to we will see, then signed on again.
We've got to stop this. Adewale Mike Aladesanmi the Nigerian Prince from the Nigeria's was indeed correct.

You don't do this shit during the season, you hit 'em up after the final siren and say this offer expires in 24 hours. Your call.

FMD,FML, FFS!
He clearly said "Nah" immediately though when asked "are you going anywhere?" but media just fixated on the "we'll see what happens" line at the end and given our supposed approach months ago. He was likely to stay all along.
You can't wait until the end of the season to approach or offer contracts to players, you'll be left behind.

FMD,FML, FFS!
It was dad doing Jack a solid. Got him 4 years with 100k on top.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back