List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kaniva's only a leisurely 250 mile drive from Shepparton, surely the Clarkson and Rachelle families know each other?

True story from back in the early days of SatNav in-car systems; when I was still living in Adelaide and making regular drives to Melbourne to watch NMFC, after leaving Tailem Bend the SatNav system kept saying "In 200kms, take the second exit and continue straight on the A8 Western Highway"

"In 100kms, take the second exit and continue straight..."

"In 50kms, take the second exit..."

Etc etc

That 'second exit' it kept warning me about was this tiny little roundabout in the middle of Kaniva;

1724483907078.png

And this is how the shitty little Kaniva roundabout became an inside joke to me and my wife.

Breust should be on our target list fwiw.
Only thing is he won't leave and likely wants to stay a one club person. Unless Clarko has a special relationship with him and he is tempted with some big $$$.

IMO the one North should try to tempt is Sam Frost as he likely wants security and will look at $$$.

If Barrass and Battle come over to Hawks, then Sam Frost is quite likely to end up being stuck in VFL for most of 2025.

North should entice him over with a 2 yr offer for good $$$ with trigger for 3rd.

Will end up being your best defender & be the senior head in defence. Kept Larky quite quiet through the day today.

Only thing is he won't leave and likely wants to stay a one club person. Unless Clarko has a special relationship with him and he is tempted with some big $$$.

IMO the one North should try to tempt is Sam Frost as he likely wants security and will look at $$$.

If Barrass and Battle come over to Hawks, then Sam Frost is quite likely to end up being stuck in VFL for most of 2025.

North should entice him over with a 2 yr offer for good $$$ with trigger for 3rd.

Will end up being your best defender & be the senior head in defence. Kept Larky quite quiet through the day today.

Nice try.

True story from back in the early days of SatNav in-car systems; when I was still living in Adelaide and making regular drives to Melbourne to watch NMFC, after leaving Tailem Bend the SatNav system kept saying "In 200kms, take the second exit and continue straight on the A8 Western Highway"

"In 100kms, take the second exit and continue straight..."

"In 50kms, take the second exit..."

Etc etc

That 'second exit' it kept warning me about was this tiny little roundabout in the middle of Kaniva;

View attachment 2089847

And this is how the shitty little Kaniva roundabout became an inside joke to me and my wife.
I worked in 5 star hotels and regularly had people screaming at me that they were out the front but there were no valets. They were always a couple of streets over.

In the pro sports around around the globe with promotion and relegation, has a club ever requested for their firsts to be relegated? I'd do it. We can't get our players to commit any more time to the club in order to improve the teams competitiveness, good job aflpa, how about we commit to give them an easier opposition to help their developement. We protect them for a year until they're ready for the bigtime, which they obviously are not atm. Even Nostrills can see, that isn't happening tho. How about we approach the vfl and afl for permission in '25 to run our best 26 and under in the two's and fill the firsts with whoevers left from our combines list, satisfying whatever commitments we have to the afl. North innovating once again. Draft remains "uncompromised". If the *Scum can run around with a bunch of whatshisnames for a year due to their systematic and deliberate cheating... Euge?

In the pro sports around around the globe with promotion and relegation, has a club ever requested for their firsts to be relegated? I'd do it. We can't get our players to commit any more time to the club in order to improve the teams competitiveness, good job aflpa, how about we commit to give them an easier opposition to help their developement. We protect them for a year until they're ready for the bigtime, which they obviously are not atm. Even Nostrills can see, that isn't happening tho. How about we approach the vfl and afl for permission in '25 to run our best 26 and under in the two's and fill the firsts with whoevers left from our combines list, satisfying whatever commitments we have to the afl. North innovating once again. Draft remains "uncompromised". If the *Scum can run around with a bunch of whatshisnames for a year due to their systematic and deliberate cheating... Euge?
If we asked the AFL for a year off from playing seniors, I'd expect them to agree. But I'd be very surprised if they reinstated us.

Last edited:
If I was one of the top kids in the country, I'd be erecting effigies, placing wreaths, burning incense, chanting incantations, anything to avoid being drafted by North. Just such a sad state of affairs

Or you could be Harry Sheezel and embrace the challenge. We need another one of them with pick 2.

Or you could be Harry Sheezel and embrace the challenge. We need another one of them with pick 2.
Mate, we need 20 Harry Sheezels. Everyone's broken except him, and I think he might break soon if we're not careful. We're witnessing history right now. And not the good kind. The 'where did all those Chinese go between 1958 and 1962' kind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s grim that I am posting this, however do we have to look at LDU trade this off season?

He is an A grader, no doubt and I feel losing him sets us backwards in a bad way. However there are so many holes on this list and the only way to fix that is by bringing in top end picks and hoping they hit (no guarantees )

I think the list management team has to explore a deal with the saints (6 and 7) pending they lose Battle. Also if we trade LDU it’s to the best bidder, not a club of his choice if he does wish to leave.

Not saying we do it, however would be madness to not have the conversation given where our list is and how far off we are. Midfielders grow on trees, we lost by 21 goals to a side without a big named midfielder today.

Gives us pick 2,7,8 Would be conceding this is a 5 year rebuild however think the last 2 weeks have proven it is that at least.

Not saying we do it; however think the conversation needs to be had.

Last edited:
Time to update this list, now that we are mercifully at the end of the season.

Not including any buyouts of currently contracted players, in all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep at most FOUR players from the below list of out-of-contract players (maybe even only three)

Bolded players are the ones I'd be keeping.

Blake Drury (release)
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retired)
Kallan Dawson
Liam Shiels (retired)
Robert Hansen Jr (release/VFL)
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

Following these moves, I have our list 'needs' as the following, in order of priority;
  1. Small forward
  2. Contested marking CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman
RE: #2 on that list; I personally prefer Comben in defense than up forward. Especially considering that Corr will be 31 and Logue will be 27 next year. We need Comben in defense more than we need him up forward (and to be perfectly honest, everytime he's gone forward I haven't found him to be terribly effective).

I'm really hoping Goater will be healthy to start the season, and if he is he starts in place of Luke McDonald.
Delist Robbie but you might rookie Harvey lmao

It’s grim that I am posting this, however do we have to look at LDU trade this off season?

He is an A grader, no doubt and I feel losing him sets us backwards in a bad way. However there are so many holes on this list and the only way to fix that is by bringing in top end picks and hoping they hit (no guarantees )

I think the list management team has to explore a deal with the saints (6 and 7) pending they lose Battle. Also if we trade LDU it’s to the best bidder, not a club of his choice if he does wish to leave.

Not saying we do it, however would be madness to not have the conversation given where our list is and how far off we are. Midfielders grow on trees, we lost by 21 goals to a side without a big named midfielder today.

Gives us pick 2,7,10. Would be conceding this is a 5 year rebuild however think the last 2 weeks have proven it is that at least.

Not saying we do it; however think the conversation needs to be had.
The issue is we can't hit draft picks for shit.

The issue is we can't hit draft picks for shit.
100% agreed. If we were Geelong it would be a no brainer. I love LDU and I think he’s a top 3 player at the club and losing him instantly makes us worse.

I also believe even with him we are a bottom 2 club and we really don’t have anything to lose. Trading him at his highest value and having 3 top 10 picks is a risk we may need to explore.

Yes aware if leaves next year we get Band 1 compo, however we can all agree we cannot delay 12 months and if he goes it must be this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back