List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn right we should be expecting improvement next year.

It’s that far beyond a joke already it’s not funny.
I said at the start of the year I expected us to be worse. We lost all our leadership and the kids are not ready.
You guys expected too much that's on you. We had a few guys massively improve this year. That's about the best we could have hopped for.

If anyone suggests drafting for need…

There is not one area on our list that can’t be drastically improved.
Rule a line and build the list from this point.

Talls first because midfield out is a stupid idea.

I said at the start of the year I expected us to be worse. We lost all our leadership and the kids are not ready.
You guys expected too much that's on you. We had a few guys massively improve this year. That's about the best we could have hopped for.
I suspect the vibe would be a bit less bleak round here if we hadn’t just been hammered by more than a dozen goals in our final two games.

Rule a line and build the list from this point.

Talls first because midfield out is a stupid idea.

More than ever, I am open to trading our 1st pick + a player for a good big-bodied tall.

Not sure who might be available on the trading block (pickings will be slim I imagine), but if there's a tall out there who already has a few years in the AFL system and is looking for a nice pay day and a team on the rise, we should aggressively pursue them.

More than ever, I am open to trading our 1st pick + a player for a good big-bodied tall.

Not sure who might be available on the trading block (pickings will be slim I imagine), but if there's a tall out there who already has a few years in the AFL system and is looking for a nice pay day and a team on the rise, we should aggressively pursue them.

We will only get true quality through the draft where said player does not have the choice to go elsewhere.

This is the state of affairs.

We’d probably be better of with Freo or GCs top 10 and a teens pick. So just trading down in the draft.

Mate, players worth our first aren’t agreeing to a trade to North this year.

It would be remarkable if we could even get Houston.

I suspect the vibe would be a bit less bleak round here if we hadn’t just been hammered by more than a dozen goals in our final two games.
For sure.
But the let's trade ldu idiots because we had a bad day need to get a grip.
None of us are happy with today. But this year I reckon we have had plenty of improvement.
X
Curtis.
Comben
Sheezal
Kerch.
Archer
Scott
Wardlaw
Corr had his best year for us
Both Dawsons look decent.

There is a lot to like.
We weren't rellying on old guys like Goldy zieball and hall any more.
We have actually improved heaps

For sure.
But the let's trade ldu idiots because we had a bad day need to get a grip.
None of us are happy with today. But this year I reckon we have had plenty of improvement.
X
Curtis.
Comben
Sheezal
Kerch.
Archer
Scott
Wardlaw
Corr had his best year for us
Both Dawsons look decent.

There is a lot to like.
We weren't rellying on old guys like Goldy zieball and hall any more.
We have actually improved heaps
It is so good to hear someone else being positive. Great post buttox.

Not terribly surprised about the year we had. I predicted it pre season.
We have plenty to work on and I expect us to improve next year.
I'm only willing to predict improvement after I've seen the free agency/trade period and the draft...

Without significate movement in the former, I highly doubt improvement will be forthcoming.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought in the commentary today Nathan Buckley made a really good point about the Hawks bringing in players and making them better. Just this year alone these players are better:
  • D’Ambrosio
  • Chol
  • Meek
  • Ginnivan
Wizard Watson started poorly in his Rookie year with sloppy conversion in front of goal. Mitchell (one of the great dual sided kicks ever) did extra kicking sessions with him, and look at him now. They nurture, challenge and give them the tools to be better contributors to the team.

Michael Barlow is in his Rookie year as head of our development. None of these recruits have improved this year. Perhaps you can’t polish a turd 💩 after all.
  • Fisher
  • Stephens
  • Nguyon

We will only get true quality through the draft where said player does not have the choice to go elsewhere.

We’d probably be better of with Freo or GCs top 10 and a teens pick. So just trading down in the draft.

I understand where you're coming from, but any tall we take in the draft is going to take two to three years to be ready to solidfy themselves in the best 22.

We can't wait that long.

If I was one of the top kids in the country, I'd be erecting effigies, placing wreaths, burning incense, chanting incantations, anything to avoid being drafted by North. Just such a sad state of affairs
Wheat from the chaff.

Yeah hit the draft until we become more of a destination club

But we should be able to get one of Parker or Macrae

I thought in the commentary today Nathan Buckley made a really good point about the Hawks bringing in players and making them better. Just this year alone these players are better:
  • D’Ambrosio
  • Chol
  • Meek
  • Ginnivan
Wizard Watson started poorly in his Rookie year with sloppy conversion in front of goal. Mitchell (one of the great dual sided kicks ever) did extra kicking sessions with him, and look at him now. They nurture, challenge and give them the tools to be better contributors to the team.

Michael Barlow is in his Rookie year as head of our development. None of these recruits have improved this year. Perhaps you can’t polish a turd 💩 after all.
  • Fisher
  • Stephens
  • Nguyon

For what it's worth, I don't believe Barlow would have spent much time with those players at all, as the scope of his role is only on the 1-4-year players.

There were a few good stories in that crop this year such as Archer, Powell, Sheezel, McKercher, and Curtis.

• D’Ambrosio
  • Chol
  • Meek
  • Ginnivan

• Fisher
  • Stephens
  • Nguyon
Stephens I saw as improving over the year. Work rate there, disposal was clean and put his body over the ball alot.

Fisher started terribly for me then worked well into season. Sadly as season went on he got figured out and is a liability in defence.

Nguyon was always just a swing. 2 years and likely off our list next year. Being tried as a forward last few weeks in VFL this season.

Pink did what he needed to. He isnt going to get another contract but does create the structure that we will want long term.

Stephens I saw as improving over the year. Work rate there, disposal was clean and put his body over the ball alot.

Fisher started terribly for me then worked well into season. Sadly as season went on he got figured out and is a liability in defence.

Nguyon was always just a swing. 2 years and likely off our list next year. Being tried as a forward last few weeks in VFL this season.

Pink did what he needed to. He isnt going to get another contract but does create the structure that we will want long term.
I agree on Stephens. He's was far less soft the last few games.
I think fisher should be played small forward.
Hopefully hardeman pushes him out of defence .

Wins for the season were...

Xerri- Didnt see this at the start of the year. From reliable at stages to arguablly AA. No injuries a big thing aswell. Possible Syd Barker
Sheezel- Transitioned to midfield and already our best in that place. Cannot overstate how important he is.
Curtis- Became our Second most effective forward at 21. Will continue to develop game and get better from here we hope.
Kerch- injuries aside has been what was promised in his first year. Show elite traits.
Arch- From out of the side to our most reliable back apart from Corr is a show of resiliance. Never question his will out there.

Team- Players keeping the faith and signing on is a big win for the club. Also a fresh preseason

Small wins...

Wardlaw- Playing 18 games, Showing flashes and nearly full games mid sesaon of what we want him to be in year 4 - 5. A full preseason will do a world of good as he builds fitness.
Chom- Playing 19 games, no major injuries and honestly being abit of the heart of our team. Was a big win for him individually and a win overall for the club
Powell- Start of the year there was genuine discussion for who out of Laz, Phillips and Powell would secure their spot. That talk loooks silly now. Powell played 23 games and in certain games was close to best on
LDU- could have left off the list but remained one of our best andplayed 23 games for the first time in his career

Losses... will just combine
Injuries to players who didnt need them- Goater (saddest for me), CCJ and George. Sets back development for Goater and George and could kill CCJ career
second teir mids- As good as Powell was Laz and Phillips struggled. Cant help but think Laz is gone and Phillips may not be far behind. Though i think Phillips could have a career.
Consistency- I dont think there was a game this season where we didnt give a run of 6 goals or more. Gold coast game? Redtime was always scary. Hoping another preseason changes that.
Senior players- Sadly an ongoing theme to the point where our coach is talking about it in recruiting strategy. Jy and Lmac work hard but have a very heavy burden. Mid teir players like Taylor, Tucker, Stephenson, Greenwood, Bull, Larkey arent consistent or strong enough leaders to control tough moments in games. I do believe in Jy, Lmac and Larkey but others above 25 have been beyond bad or non caring.
Remember how Stephenson was meant to be a role model for Duurs....

Is alot of positives but really need to have a big offseason. Alot of holes on the list but at least some elite talent to build around

I agree on Stephens. He's was far less soft the last few games.
I think fisher should be played small forward.
Hopefully hardeman pushes him out of defence .
Agree on all the above. Hardeman will benefit from an offseason and hopefully push out Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back