List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Berry - free agent give us height in midfield

Go after gws reserves players
Fahey
Gruzewski
Yes but knowing us we'll choose to recruit Gruzewski as a key back and yet again neglect key forward again.

If he can coach, guide and direct our backline on-field, he's a tick from me. I think we are only just realising how much Ziebs did down there the last couple of years
l saw him play in the vfl side against us last wekend and liked how he played and it might free up Comben to play forward if needed..

Jarryd Lyons, Levi Casboult, Alex Sexton, Nick Haynes possible experience replacement for Greenwood, Shiels etc

If you'd made this a little bit smaller we might not have been able to read it.

Reposted from another thread.

Everyone at the club is on notice because no one actually expected us to dip again. And when I say dip, its from 17th back to 18th and being the worst side in the comp again.

The way were competing and preparing for games is not sustainable.

We had a healthy list do the most of the pre-season and Clarko was there uninterrupted.
So to be playing as they are which is actually worse than the last few years - thats why there is venom.

5 years of bottom 2 finishes and I seriously worry for our future.
Delusion says oh we have no debt, trust in Clarko, be patient, etc yet no one is seeing the impact of this being the losses of McKay, potentially Zuurhar and maybe LDU. You can be patient all you f***ing want. Our talented players arent going to be.

Losing Thomas just adds to our woes.

Eventually the club needs to be brutally honest with itself and be ruthless in its conduct and actually identify why its gone so wrong and more importantly bring in people who can do something about it to fix it.

1) I would change the captains. Take the pressure off Jy and Luke. Its not working and they have been struggling for a while now.
2) I would let Brady and Clayton walk. Both are done and out of their depth. Both are responsible for where North and West Coast find themselves.
3) Assistant coaches. Give Patch his marching orders and go out and get the best assistant to look after the midfield.
4) Soft-cap relief. Allow us to go get a mentor, similar to Mark Williams to help nurture the young talent. These kids need more guidance away from the club IMO then when theyre on the park, as mentally it would be a nightmare playing for North right now.
5) Veteran Salary cap relief. We need to go out and recruit a few veterans. Basically anyone 30 and over can be paid handsomely outside of the salary cap. We need this. Go and get a Zac Tuohy, or Callan Ward, Dane Rampe, Jeremey Howe, Blicavs, Mitch Duncan, Jarryd Lyons, David Swallow, Taberner. So many options. All these guys would be on the way out of their current clubs. But god we need footballers who can shoulder some of the load for a year or 2 until we get out s**t together.
Shiels and Greenwood are done. We need more.

Everyone at the club is on notice because no one actually expected us to dip again. And when I say dip, its from 17th back to 18th and being the worst side in the comp again.

We had a healthy list do the most of the pre-season and Clarko was there uninterrupted.
So to be playing as they are which is actually worse than the last few years - thats why there is venom.

Delusion says oh we have no debt, trust in Clarko, be patient, etc yet no one is seeing the impact of this being the losses of McKay, potentially Zuurhar and maybe LDU. You can be patient all you f***ing want. Our talented players arent going to be.

Eventually the club needs to be brutally honest with itself and be ruthless in its conduct and actually identify why its gone so wrong and more importantly bring in people who can do something about it to fix it.

1) I would change the captains. Take the pressure off Jy and Luke. Its not working and they have been struggling for a while now.
2) I would let Brady and Clayton walk. Both are done and out of their depth. Both are responsible for where North and West Coast find themselves.
3) Assistant coaches. Give Patch his marching orders and go out and get the best assistant to look after the midfield.
4) Soft-cap relief. Allow us to go get a mentor, similar to Mark Williams to help nurture the young talent. These kids need more guidance away from the club IMO then when theyre on the park, as mentally it would be a nightmare playing for North right now.
5) Veteran Salary cap relief. We need to go out and recruit a few veterans. Basically anyone 30 and over can be paid handsomely outside of the salary cap. We need this. Go and get a Zac Tuohy, or Callan Ward, Dane Rampe, Jeremey Howe, Blicavs, Mitch Duncan, Jarryd Lyons, David Swallow, Taberner. So many options. All these guys would be on the way out of their current clubs. But god we need footballers who can shoulder some of the load for a year or 2 until we get out s**t together.
Football media is picking up on this now lol

Hi Tom 🤘🏻

Brownlow medal 2018 runner up 2017 premiership player All Aust multiple times only player to have over 50 touches more than once 825 touches in one season still a record i believe Multiple B-F winner. And just to top it off the Leigh Mathews Medal in 2018 Not a bad resume, Swallow was a very great player for us not quite as good as Tom in my opinion anyway.

Well, we only need one that is good for us.

Get a few solid bodies in the middle for 3 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam Switkowski I reckon is gettable for the right price. Knowing us we'd overpay though 😂

Fills a list need but is very injury prone. Struggles to hit the scoreboard.

Sam Switkowski I reckon is gettable for the right price. Knowing us we'd overpay though 😂

Fills a list need but is very injury prone. Struggles to hit the scoreboard.

You've sold this well.

My thoughts exactly and great post.

Also I remember suggesting Taberner when I a frequent around here years back and was laughed at. Would be very handy right now.

Football media is picking up on this now lol

Hi Tom 🤘🏻

They literally say in the clip that they are picking up on Luke’s post match interview so I don’t think BF can claim it. Also Leigh Matthews says it’s fine to drop a player but you have to have someone better to bring in. Not the thread for the discussion but it’s a good reminder than the emotional argument to drop the senior players has holes in it.

They literally say in the clip that they are picking up on Luke’s post match interview so I don’t think BF can claim it. Also Leigh Matthews says it’s fine to drop a player but you have to have someone better to bring in. Not the thread for the discussion but it’s a good reminder than the emotional argument to drop the senior players has holes in it.
Bringing in someone better than Luke, at this moment, is a really low bar.

I believe that any of our young players, who can defend and has a fair chance of halving a one-on-one contest, would be a substantial improvement.

Not that he'd come...but Caleb Daniel is getting sharfted by his coach for some unknown reason.

Who’s got who on notice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back