List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So with the speculation we might split our top pick (which I think is the smart move), it does add the wrinkle that it adds an additional 'cut' we need to make from our out-of-contract players.

So looking at the list below, let's assume we are able to keep 7 players at most. I'm glad we re-signed Brayden George for two years but that also reduces the pool by 1.

I've bolded the players I'd personally keep but gee it is going to be a difficult decision process because there's some quality players there we're going to struggle to keep.

Bailey Scott (trade/release?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Robert Hansen (release)
Toby Pink
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

I predict people will arc up about Bailey Scott, but there's been speculation he wants to leave and it lowkey might not be the worst thing in the world if that eventuates. I'd rather keep someone like Eddie Ford.

I think we’ll pay Stevo out as well, or look for a trade and pay half/majority of his deal. Can’t see him being in Clarko’s plans moving forward. Also Thomas will drop off the list too (not sure if you’ve counted him).

I hope we can keep Bailey, replacing him with youngers players at this stage of our development isn't what we need.

Yes agree whilst his distribution can be off at times and sometimes the defensive side is lacking, but he runs all day and certainly gives his all

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

getting pick 3 is fine

Guarantees 1 of FOS, Smillie or Trainor

Even Lalor I’d be fine with

Let's say we get pick 2 and saints let battle go for a band 1 compo.

Also let's assume our ladder position is in the current position.

We should trade with them by giving our pick 2 for their pick 5 plus future first.

Saints get pick 2 and their compo will rise to the next at 3. So instead of 5, 6, now it's 2, 3, boom finn o's+ jagga smith.

If luck is on our side, saint has a shit year in 2025, another top 4 pick...

Let's say we get pick 2 and saints let battle go for a band 1 compo.

Also let's assume our ladder position is in the current position.

We should trade with them by giving our pick 2 for their pick 5 plus future first.

Saints get pick 2 and their compo will rise to the next at 3. So instead of 5, 6, now it's 2, 3, boom finn o's+ jagga smith.

If luck is on our side, saint has a shit year in 2025, another top 4 pick...
Any compo will be linked to the natural pick.

Going vulture mode... with Simmo gone and Oscar Allen being an RFA next year, is it time to make a big pre-agency offer?

So with the speculation we might split our top pick (which I think is the smart move), it does add the wrinkle that it adds an additional 'cut' we need to make from our out-of-contract players.

So looking at the list below, let's assume we are able to keep 7 players at most. I'm glad we re-signed Brayden George for two years but that also reduces the pool by 1.

I've bolded the players I'd personally keep but gee it is going to be a difficult decision process because there's some quality players there we're going to struggle to keep.

Bailey Scott (trade/release?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels(retire)
Robert Hansen (release)
Toby Pink
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

I predict people will arc up about Bailey Scott, but there's been speculation he wants to leave and it lowkey might not be the worst thing in the world if that eventuates. I'd rather keep someone like Eddie Ford.
We're not releasing Scott. We'd pass on non-1st draft picks before we release him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're not wrong but I've heard enough whispers that make me semi-confident Zurhaar will end up staying at North. It's just been a play by his Management to try and maximise his payday.

I think it is important players get what is fair and not have players hold the club to ransom, we want to make sure we can keep the team together. That being said, I'd rather reward players who do the time than to overpay for players like Polec, etc like we have in the past.

I am not sure how much we are paying the recent imports but Logue has been the only mature import that has shown more then B grade talent.

Would you want North to 'win' a bidding war for Bailey Scott vs (for example) Geelong?

I like Bailey (i'm not Nostra lol) but also pretty keenly aware of his limitations and not sure paying him big money is in our best interests.

For that HBF/Winger type, we have quite a bit of contracted young talent at that position coming up through the ranks, or already firmly cemented. I'm talking about guys like McKercher, Duursma, Fisher, Brayden George, Hardeman, Goater, Tucker, Bergman, and Dylan Stephens.

Again, I'm not attacking Bailey Scott here. I want to be clear. I think he cops an unfair amount of shit from a few posters here. But the reality is he's out of contract, there's been murmurs for a while he's looking elsewhere, and it might end up being win-win for all parties if he decides to leave.
I was wondering if him leaving was a good thing before the game on the weekend but that last half changed my mind. Players who are prepared to do what he did will win their side flags.

I wasn't sure he had it in him but now I've seen it I'd prefer him to stay. Obviously we have to work out what he is worth to us and if he goes what we want in return but without taking any of that into consideration, I want his intent to win in the side.

Would you want North to 'win' a bidding war for Bailey Scott vs (for example) Geelong?

I like Bailey (i'm not Nostra lol) but also pretty keenly aware of his limitations and not sure paying him big money is in our best interests.

For that HBF/Winger type, we have quite a bit of contracted young talent at that position coming up through the ranks, or already firmly cemented. I'm talking about guys like McKercher, Duursma, Fisher, Brayden George, Hardeman, Goater, Tucker, Bergman, and Dylan Stephens.

Again, I'm not attacking Bailey Scott here. I want to be clear. I think he cops an unfair amount of shit from a few posters here. But the reality is he's out of contract, there's been murmurs for a while he's looking elsewhere, and it might end up being win-win for all parties if he decides to leave.
Scott for Cameron straight swap

If tigers are clearing house and looking for picks - how about we ask about vlasustin

I think our backline is okay, no?

Dawson, Logue and Comben for KPD roles
Archer, Goater and Hardeman

We also have McDonald, Fisher, Tucker, etc who are playing there.

I think if we bring anyone else into the side, they should be A grade and a longer term player, like a good quality young player who wants to return home.

I think if we bring anyone else into the side, they should be A grade and a longer term player, like a good quality young player who wants to return home.

Key pos forward would be priority for 2025.

And why i wonder all the fuss about spitting picks and Trainor.

We really dont have that many holes to fill, its more the cattle we have now growing into them. Stick with quality, take best available with our pick.

A key and small forward yes, but they're not easy to find.

But if saints gone from pick 4 to 2, is that their natural pick?

Their "natural pick" is whatever pick they earn according to where they finish on the ladder. It's immovable in terms of where compensation would be allocated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back