Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's crucially important to always have a spot on the list for a talented, young, project Ruck. That's how we end up with guys like Goldy and Xerri.

I wouldn't be worried about rival clubs putting a big contract in front of him while he's getting less than a handful of possessions a game in the VFL.
Totally agree he has been on the list for 5 minutes. Lets just keep going with him for a few more yet.

Paying those 3 out would be close to a million bucks. We can’t do that.
As meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 aint bad. Surely biggy is on a minumum contract? Couldn't imagine ccj would be on huge coin either. Infact if both collectively were on more coin than polec was someone needs sacking.

I think it would be more likely a contending team might take him purely because we'd pay a significant proportion of the final year of his deal. As funny as it seems he'd actually be suited to Collingwood's game style. GWS could probably utilise a player like him in their forward line too.
The way footy is played now is suited to a soft player that can get out the back

As meatloaf said, 2 out of 3 aint bad. Surely biggy is on a minumum contract? Couldn't imagine ccj would be on huge coin either. Infact if both collectively were on more coin than polec was someone needs sacking.
I've been saying it for a while but I'd like to see Biggy on the wing.

Unfortunately nothing and nothing
Baby Reaction GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL not just him but any player on our list that is in the category of being delisted or traded won’t get much in return saw our 2s 1st hand today looked very ordinary and when Stephenson is your best player is saying something.
I know not every player you draft or bring in from other clubs are not going to be superstars but the strike rate of players that have worn the jumper of the NMFC is pretty ordinary.
So who whoever stays or goes we will have to wait and see I know 1 thing Rawlings will keep getting away for what he has done to our once great club.

LOL not just him but any player on our list that is in the category of being delisted or traded won’t get much in return saw our 2s 1st hand today looked very ordinary and when Stephenson is your best player is saying something.
I know not every player you draft or bring in from other clubs are not going to be superstars but the strike rate of players that have worn the jumper of the NMFC is pretty ordinary.
So who whoever stays or goes we will have to wait and see I know 1 thing Rawlings will keep getting away for what he has done to our once great club.
Brady should have had a feeling of impending doom while watching the Hawks today

Using a highish pick for an extremely raw long term prospect ruckman seems insane to me.
Lloyd Meek.
You can always get a Ruck from another club if needed - most clubs have 3-4 rucks and most clubs only play one.
So that’s 2 per club not getting a look in

I don't think we need to cut too hard, this would open up 7 list spots.

New Contract
Bailey Scott – 3 years
Will Phillips – 2 years
Robert Hansen Jnr – 1 year (rookie)
Finnbar Maley – 1 year (rookie)
Cooper Harvey* – 1 year (rookie)

Retire
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels

Delist
Hamish Free
Curtis Taylor
Tyler Sellers
Blake Drury*
Charlie Lazzaro

TBC
Cam Zurhaar

*Could possibly swap these two.

You can always get a Ruck from another club if needed - most clubs have 3-4 rucks and most clubs only play one.
So that’s 2 per club not getting a look in

We have a loooooong list of ruckman coming from other clubs;
. Keenan
. Dempsey
. Mossop
. John
. Ischenko
. Porter
. Burton
. Campbell
. and someone will probably find a couple more that l've missed.

Probably the most ( key position ) traded players over the last 40 years.

Last edited:

New Contract
Bailey Scott – 3 years
Will Phillips – 2 years

Retire
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels

Delist
Hamish Free
Curtis Taylor
Tyler Sellers
Blake Drury*
Charlie Lazzaro

TBC
Cam Zurhaar

This looks good but I think we should pull the trigger with Biggie, not AFL standard.

New Contract
Bailey Scott – 3 years
Will Phillips – 2 years

Retire
Hugh Greenwood
Liam Shiels

Delist
Hamish Free
Curtis Taylor
Tyler Sellers
Blake Drury*
Charlie Lazzaro

TBC
Cam Zurhaar

With Greenwood I would like to see him appointed VFL captain with a role with our Academy.
As for Shiels hopefully stays in VFL and is involved with recruitment.
In the past we have lost many players thru either AFL retirement or delisting that for some reason didn’t stay at a VFL level.

With Greenwood I would like to see him appointed VFL captain with a role with our Academy.
As for Shiels hopefully stays in VFL and is involved with recruitment.
In the past we have lost many players thru either AFL retirement or delisting that for some reason didn’t stay at a VFL level.
I think it is because they can get more money playing at the big suburban or country clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back