Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

If RHJ can finish off strong we should be keeping him. You can literally see him growing before our eyes, and could very well be that small zippy forward we've been looking for.

To keep RHJ, who would you swap out from the below list?

In all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep five players from the below list of out-of-contract guys heading into 2025;

Bolded players are the ones I'd be keeping.

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Robert Hansen Jr (release/VFL)
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

In all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep five players from the below list of out-of-contract guys heading into 2025;

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips
Your list is pretty accurate. Obviously still question marks over Scott & Zurhaar signings (FWIW I think Cam is a very likely stay, Scott I'm less convinced). Phillips potentially a mutually satisfactory trade although obviously his value isn't huge at the moment.

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips
Do we know how many rookie spots we'll have yet? Im not sure of our exact number as of yet. Losing 10 seems excessive why so many?

What happens to your numbers if a trade happened for Scott? What would happen if we added a 3rd or 4th rounder with him to get a better player or pick. Doesn't that open a spot given we wouldn't be using that 3rd or 4th?
Its just not straight forward enough for me to say, although if really pushed then probably Harvey and RHJ are fighting it out for a rookie spot.

Id have them fairly even atm, Cooper started well but RHJ has the better form now.

Your list is pretty accurate. Obviously still question marks over Scott & Zurhaar signings (FWIW I think Cam is a very likely stay, Scott I'm less convinced). Phillips potentially a mutually satisfactory trade although obviously his value isn't huge at the moment.
Last i checked when you trade you get a pick or player back, so not sure how that opens spots. Unless picks are added to get a better player or pick back than the player would have on their own.

Idk whether his defensive side is good enough yet
He's only 20 and just shown a step up who knows how many more steps he has in the next year or two.

Look at Stengle, delisted and would've likely netted Geelong R1 compo instead they paid up. We need to give players some time to figure out their true potential.

Last i checked when you trade you get a pick or player back, so not sure how that opens spots. Unless picks are added to get a better player or pick back than the player would have on their own.

You can trade for a future pick, meaning you keep the list spot open for at least another year.

You can trade for a future pick, meaning you keep the list spot open for at least another year.
Ahhh yes didnt think of that. That works and we'd have a much better idea around a few and few more that wont get renewed unless they improve drastically.

Yes of course but I did mention keeping him satisfied as he'd be earning not much.

I think it's crucially important to always have a spot on the list for a talented, young, project Ruck. That's how we end up with guys like Goldy and Xerri.

I wouldn't be worried about rival clubs putting a big contract in front of him while he's getting less than a handful of possessions a game in the VFL.

Uncontracted for 2024

Bailey Scott - Retain 2 Yr Deal
Blake Drury - Delist
Cam Zurhaar - Retain 4 Yr Deal or Free Agency.
Charlie Lazzaro - Delist (very very stiff)
Cooper Harvey - Retain 1 yr Deal - rookie list
Curtis Taylor - Retain 1 yr Deal - rookie list
Finnbar Maley - Retain 1 yr Deal
Hamish Free - Delist
Hugh Greenwood - Retire/Delist
Liam Shiels - Retire/Delist
Robert Hansen Jnr - ?? VFL form been okay. Wait and see.
Tyler Sellers - ?? VFL form has been okay. Wait and see.
Will Phillips - Retain 1 yr Deal

Uncontracted for 2025
Aidan Corr
Bigoa Nyuon - Delist & Payout
Brynn Teakle
Callum Coleman-Jones - Delist & Payout (or drop back to rookie list)
Darcy Tucker
Eddie Ford
Geordie Payne
Jaidyn Stephenson - Trade or Delist
Josh Goater
Kallan Dawson
Luke Davies Uniacke
Miller Bergman
Paul Curtis
Toby Pink

Correct. We can combo picks though to move upwards in the draft (or into future years) to balance our list spots.

Uncontracted for 2024

Blake Drury - Delist
Hamish Free - Delist

Uncontracted for 2025
Aidan Corr
Brynn Teakle
Darcy Tucker
Eddie Ford
Geordie Payne
Josh Goater
Kallan Dawson
Luke Davies Uniacke
Miller Bergman
Paul Curtis
Toby Pink

Uncontracted for 2024

Blake Drury - Delist
Hamish Free - Delist

Uncontracted for 2025
Aidan Corr
Brynn Teakle
Darcy Tucker
Eddie Ford
Geordie Payne
Josh Goater
Kallan Dawson
Luke Davies Uniacke
Miller Bergman
Paul Curtis
Toby Pink
Makes sense, but it's quite rare for clubs to delist and pay out contracted players. In your example, you're proposing to get rid of 3 of them in one offseason (we won't get any bites for Stephenson)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes sense, but it's quite rare for clubs to delisted and payout contracted players. In your example you're proposing to get rid of 3 of them in one offseason (we won't get any bites for Stephenson)

Plenty of clubs do it, historically though we just haven’t been one of those clubs.

Paying out Biggie and CCJ would cost us hardly anything. Biggie is on a base wage and CCJ’s contract was heavily front loaded so I wouldn’t imagine he’d be on much either.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if a few clubs had a bite at Stephenson. Say Geelong could get him for essentially nothing, and we’d pay a significant amount of his final year contract. It’s be appealing for a depth player who has some upside.

Departures: (prediction not preference)

Greenwood (Retire)
Lazarro
Nuyon
Thomas
Shiels (Retire)
Sellers R
Free R

TBC - Club would like to retain them:

Scott
Zurhaar

TBC - Form will dictate

RHJ
Drury
Taylor (looking more likely to stay)
Harvey

4-5 off the main list.
No change except Taylor might be moving back towards the exit.

Uncontracted for 2024

Blake Drury - Delist
Hamish Free - Delist

Uncontracted for 2025
Aidan Corr
Brynn Teakle
Darcy Tucker
Eddie Ford
Geordie Payne
Josh Goater
Kallan Dawson
Luke Davies Uniacke
Miller Bergman
Paul Curtis
Toby Pink
So that's at least 5 rookies in Teakle/Maley/Payne/Harvey/Taylor with one space for River Stevens.
If the AFL lets us keep the two extra list spots then Sellers and Hansen Jnr survive.

Kal Dawson upgrade makes 38 on the main less TT, Greenwood, Lazzaro, Nyuon, Harvey, Taylor, CCJ and Stephenson leaves us with 30 on the main list with a max of 37 (if 5(7) rookies) or 36-6(8). So that's 4-7 ND picks/trade spots.

I think it'll depend on what happens with the rookie list and how many rookies we want to carry.
Should be interesting. A Stevo/Scott/Phillips trade would open up things as well I guess. Wait and see.

Last edited:
Can't see the club delisting 3 contracted even though they might not be on much$. Ccj especially considering he has the injury this year putting him out for the season even though he was clearly in clarkos calculations. Of the 3 biggy would seem the most likely.
I think with Kal Dawson and Pink both getting an extra year, Biggie is probably gone.

if tigers lose a few players via trade - woul they take sleevo off our hands for a late pick

I think it would be more likely a contending team might take him purely because we'd pay a significant proportion of the final year of his deal. As funny as it seems he'd actually be suited to Collingwood's game style. GWS could probably utilise a player like him in their forward line too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisting mega thread 2024!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back