List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And why i wonder all the fuss about spitting picks and Trainor.

We really dont have that many holes to fill, its more the cattle we have now growing into them. Stick with quality, take best available with our pick.

A key and small forward yes, but they're not easy to find.

Trainor is the type of player who can make a good team very good with his attack and rebound.

He is like an Andrew Mackie type who can have great x-factor from defense.

Let's say we get pick 2 and saints let battle go for a band 1 compo.

Also let's assume our ladder position is in the current position.

We should trade with them by giving our pick 2 for their pick 5 plus future first.

Saints get pick 2 and their compo will rise to the next at 3. So instead of 5, 6, now it's 2, 3, boom finn o's+ jagga smith.

If luck is on our side, saint has a shit year in 2025, another top 4 pick...
Lol

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We really dont have that many holes to fill, its more the cattle we have now growing into them. Stick with quality, take best available with our pick.

Splitting sounds exciting, you get two players for the price of one... West Coast more or less traded Wardlaw for Ginbey and Hewett.

If we are fair dinkum then this will be the last top 5 pick we will have access to in over a decade. You would want to get the best possible talent you can get your hands on. We will be in the vicinity of later first round picks soon enough.

Splitting sounds exciting, you get two players for the price of one... West Coast more or less traded Wardlaw for Ginbey and Hewett.

If we are fair dinkum then this will be the last top 5 pick we will have access to in over a decade. You would want to get the best possible talent you can get your hands on. We will be in the vicinity of later first round picks soon enough.
100% Tas

We went through almost 10 years where our first pick was anywhere between pick 8 - 21, that horrible feeling where all the good players are gone before it gets to our pick.

Take the best available this year, regardless of the fact it will be a mid, and next year all things going well our first pick will be in that 6 – 10 range.

Last edited:
There will always be players injured in your squad it’s a sad fact. We are not in the position to say our defence is set or our midfield is set. Our forward line needs the most work absolutely but we cannot ignore having depth on every line.

Richmond fans are delusional thinking they should get three 1st rounders for rioli
Considering JHF, who experts project as a certain top 10-20 player in the league only went for picks 8+8 at 19, I think a 28 YO half back would generously be worth pick 10-15.

In saying that, he is an utter gun and would transform our HB line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And we wouldn’t have to live with the uneasiness of not knowing if we ****ed up or not with pick one
After JHF, I am (rightfully) spooked by pick 1. I would rather others f*ck it up, especially with an even draft. It would be a fantastic outcome if Richmond have their hearts set on Smillie.

With games against Carlton, Brisbane and Geelong at GMHBA to come, I can see the Eagle's percentage taking a hammering on the run home.

Having said that, it would be poetic justice for Simmo to pull a rabbit of his hat for one last home game before he gets the heave-ho, in which case that Suns game is the only realistic option.
Escalated Quickly GIFs | Tenor

I still wish we drafted Dan Curtin over Zane Duursma. I never expected Curtin to be the type of player who dominates their rookie year.

But time will tell.
I'm happy with Zane over Curtin. He was the better talent to me and it's worth noting plenty of teams needing defenders didn't take Curtin either so I think he was clearly 7-10 draft range and saw himself more as a midfielder long term imo. That Zane game vs Vic Metro was a dominant performance. I'm sure Curtin will be a good player though.

Last edited:

Yep for me its pick 2 on FOS/Smillie. Pick 3/4 on Trainor/Lalor I'd say at this point. I think the Vic Metro vs Country game will hopefully tell a fair bit about how FOS/Lalor/Langford stack up against the Metro mids Smillie/Smith/Reid.

I think we can get a kpf at the 2nd rounder out of Faull/Shanahan/Gerryn/Sims/Armstrong/Nichols etc..
Hopefully get somebody to take our F2 for a 20s pick and look at a wing, pressure forward or another kpf depending who is available. 3rd rounder there could always be a Bradley/Depaoli-Kubank/Champion/Dattoli type small forward depending on where they rank. River as a rookie pick would be nice as well.

Last edited:
I don't think that we'll regret Zane. He's going to be a rare type of player when he fills out.

Hopefully we can get him in soon to be a part of a win. It would be nice for maybe the Richmond or Eagles games if he can continue his strong form in the VFL over the next couple of weeks?

Pressure on Eddie Ford, Curtis Taylor and Liam Shiels to keep performing as he will have there spot in his sights.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hopefully we can get him in soon to be a part of a win. It would be nice for maybe the Richmond or Eagles games if he can continue his strong form in the VFL over the next couple of weeks?

Pressure on Eddie Ford, Curtis Taylor and Liam Shiels to keep performing as he will have there spot in his sights.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Pressure on spots is always a good sign.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back