List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we managed to land Reid for Liam Anthony and a packet of twisties yet?

Yep for me its pick 2 on FOS/Smillie. Pick 3/4 on Trainor/Lalor I'd say at this point. I think the Vic Metro vs Country game will hopefully tell a fair bit about how FOS/Lalor/Langford stack up against the Metro mids Smillie/Smith/Reid.

I think we can get a kpf at the 2nd rounder out of Faull/Shanahan/Gerryn/Sims/Armstrong/Nichols etc..
Hopefully get somebody to take our F2 for a 20s pick and look at a wing, pressure forward or another kpf, depending who is available. 3rd rounder there could always be a Bradley/Depaoli-Kubank/Champion/Dattoli type small forward depending on where they rank. River as a rookie pick would be nice as well.
Yep well summarised

Should be the plan

In terms of the national draft I could see us only taking our 2 picks in the first 2 rounds and passing on our 3rd pick in the 40s and instead just upgrading Dawson to make the min 3 selections

But there could be the option to trade a future first or second rounder to get into the top 2 rounds again here as a 3rd pick

Zane needs to learn and hone his craft with more time in the vfl.

He has had a taste, showed some flashes.

Key is what the coaching team want to develop him into?

I would be interested to know who might be a realistic target.
No matter who I list, someone will find a reason why it has no chance of happening. They'll say with certainty "he doesn't want to leave his club" like they know what a player is thinking.

If you want a random list of some young KPFs then here you go...

Cadman
Riccardi
Ben King
Amartey
Neale
Treacy
Fogarty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Splitting sounds exciting, you get two players for the price of one... West Coast more or less traded Wardlaw for Ginbey and Hewett.

If we are fair dinkum then this will be the last top 5 pick we will have access to in over a decade. You would want to get the best possible talent you can get your hands on. We will be in the vicinity of later first round picks soon enough.
never worked for me at the blackjack table. This is shaping as a very interesting draft.... while there's no bonifide stamped clear #1, there is going to be some really good players picked up down the order I think.

No matter who I list, someone will find a reason why it has no chance of happening. They'll say with certainty "he doesn't want to leave his club" like they know what a player is thinking.

If you want a random list of some young KPFs then here you go...

Cadman
Riccardi
Ben King
Amartey
Neale
Treacy
Fogarty
Apologies in advance ;)

Cadman - probably not unless homesickness/we'll promise you more game time whisper in his ear.
Riccardi - i reckon gettable if Cadman starts getting more starts.
Ben King - nah, hasn't shown signs like he's disinterested and he's one player that Hardwick would not like to leave.
Amartey - dunno, he's established himself after living in Buddys shadow.
Neale - nope, succeeds Hawkins.
Treacy - nope, looks like he'll repay Dockers faith in him.
Fogarty - hmmm...if Tex goes around again, maybe.

Aside from Riccardi, to pry these forwards out of their current clubs would require a substantial pay upgrade and years.

On your previous post, l think to attract an unexpected player and further on, we do need to play the rest of year like the last month whether we finish with 5 or 6 wins or stay at 2 wins, the sell will need to be come and join this exciting young, vibrant team on the rise...but what age demographic that will be :shrug: ...l'm more thinking 22-25yo's.

Personally, l'd be keeping tabs on the 21 and 22 draft class and pick the players that aren't getting a gig that should be like Matt Jefferson, Leek Aleer, Gruze, Konstanty, L.Hayes etc..

Last edited:
Apologies in advance ;)

Cadman - probably not unless homesickness/we'll promise you more game time whisper in his ear.
Riccardi - i reckon gettable if Cadman starts getting more starts.
Ben King - nah, hasn't shown signs like he's disinterested and he's one player that Hardwick would like to leave.
Amartey - dunno, he's established himself after living in Buddys shadow.
Neale - nope, succeeds Hawkins.
Treacy - nope, looks like he'll repay Dockers faith in him.
Fogarty - hmmm...if Tex goes around again, maybe.

I don't disagree that these are the most likely answers, looking from an outside perspective. But we also just don't have a clue.

Treacy might look extremely unlikely (maybe the most unlikely). But he also might have some personal/family/relationship reason to want to return home. Freo might desperately need a top 3 pick to get Warner.

My point is that in previous years he's not picking us to come home to. But, now, a decade of being fed by Wardlaw, Sheezel and McKercher, playing next to Duursma and Curtis long term, and playing with Larkey, LDU and Zurhaar medium term... It's more appealing.

Plus he can join Brynn to form the Treakle duo.

I don't disagree that these are the most likely answers, looking from an outside perspective. But we also just don't have a clue.

Treacy might look extremely unlikely (maybe the most unlikely). But he also might have some personal/family/relationship reason to want to return home. Freo might desperately need a top 3 pick to get Warner.

My point is that in previous years he's not picking us to come home to. But, now, a decade of being fed by Wardlaw, Sheezel and McKercher, playing next to Duursma and Curtis long term, and playing with Larkey, LDU and Zurhaar medium term... It's more appealing.

100% agree which makes your post:
I just reckon that if we close out the year playing like the last five weeks then we'll attract some unexpected player and we'll have the draft ammo to pull off the deal.

It's a huge opportunity for a young forward to make a move.
the key to attract talent because Sheezel and Wardlaw are the face of the club to the younger generation....as great as LDU is, these two kids are everywhere, even the Chom has more exposure in the podcast world.

Just looked up Josh Treacy draft…….number 7 in the 2021 rookie draft.
We took Patrick Walker at 2, after taking 3 midfielders in Phillip, Powell and Lazaro in the ND. Not to mention Phoenix Spicer……….how good!!!

*We got Eddie Ford at pick 46 though, so not a calamity.

Would love Treacy now. But HTF did we not look at any KP players in any of that lot. Gezuz.

100% agree which makes your post:

the key to attract talent because Sheezel and Wardlaw are the face of the club to the younger generation....as great as LDU is, these two kids are everywhere, even the Chom has more exposure in the podcast world.
And I reckon LDU is absolutely fine with that. In fact, I think he'd prefer that Sheezel and Wardlaw get the attention. Which makes him the perfect star for this situation.

Just looked up Josh Treacy draft…….number 7 in the 2021 rookie draft.
We took Patrick Walker at 2, after taking 3 midfielders in Phillip, Powell and Lazaro in the ND. Not to mention Phoenix Spicer……….how good!!!

*We got Eddie Ford at pick 46 though, so not a calamity.

Would love Treacy now. But HTF did we not look at any KP players in any of that lot. Gezuz.

I think there are always value options post round 1 in terms of key forwards, they just need development and list space. If you go the budget route, you also need to take a few on, because most wont make it.

On the plus side of things, a failed KPF can sometimes make a good KPD. Hansen, Tarrant, Daw and now Comben.

I really don't see what people saw in some of the fringe players we took, we managed to find the one indigenous player that wasn't quick, fumbled the ball and had mediocre disposal skills. I hope to god his junior performances were a lot better.

imo there are probably KPDs who never made it because there wasn't a club that had list space and time to take them and develop them and they didn't pursue football after that. The best thing they could do for football is expand lists to the size they used to be and get rid of academies. If we went back to 60 odd players on a list then you would have scope to have a few KPPs in long-term development

I think there are always value options post round 1 in terms of key forwards, they just need development and list space. If you go the budget route, you also need to take a few on, because most wont make it.

On the plus side of things, a failed KPF can sometimes make a good KPD. Hansen, Tarrant, Daw and now Comben.

I really don't see what people saw in some of the fringe players we took, we managed to find the one indigenous player that wasn't quick, fumbled the ball and had mediocre disposal skills. I hope to god his junior performances were a lot better.

imo there are probably KPDs who never made it because there wasn't a club that had list space and time to take them and develop them and they didn't pursue football after that. The best thing they could do for football is expand lists to the size they used to be and get rid of academies. If we went back to 60 odd players on a list then you would have scope to have a few KPPs in long-term development
We grabbed Maley last year, which is a start, but we definitely need to grab another with a later pick this year, if not two more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back