List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't there some small slice out of the NT that we are not getting though....which from memory is where all the good players have come from....can't remember what the place was called. Was a little slice on right hand side of NT map I thought
My understanding was that it was the whole state and the Tiwi Islands. Would be consistent with the AFL’s messaging of trying to grow indigenous recruitment and participation.

My understanding was that it was the whole state and the Tiwi Islands. Would be consistent with the AFL’s messaging of trying to grow indigenous recruitment and participation.
Would be great get to have the Tiwi Islands...watch the scum and tigers start to complain when a Rioli or Long start to come through our NGA!!

Big protests in city at moment. Hearing it's related to the Kako rule change.
And much like the Waco tragedy the Kako tragedy will be remembered as one of the strangest and most tragic incidents in AFL draft history, a siege between * supporters and members of the religious group Big Footy.

For many people, Kako is a story about a cult that has lent itself to sensationalist trade up, trade back, split picks and pick swap suggestions.

Whereas in reality it’s the story of a maniacal and apocalypse-minded leader, Laura Kane, whose delusional stubbornness led to the deaths of multiple draft pick swap hypotheticals. The media coverage of Waco tragedy will depict Kane as a single-minded genius exerting power over her fellow AFL branch Dillions via mind control and will eventually become the defining story of the Kako tragedy in years to come.

Last edited:
Big protests in city at moment. Hearing it's related to the Kako rule change.

I think that blasted Tenacious D is to blame somehow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee, there's some mayo in that article. "Essendon fan", "great mates with Nate Caddy", "first to congratulate Caddy on draft night". Almost like it would be unthinkable to have him play anywhere else.

Funny comment when its actually one of our boys who was first to congratulate Nate Caddy on getting drafted.

Caddy has multiple connections to North Melbourne.

I'd love Houston at North. Assume if he left he would be looking at going to an immediate contender (such as us :p )

Agree, ideal age, elite user, leader but doesn't say why a watch on him though? We just assuming he wants out? And wants to come home? Must be something more

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Genuinely, who would we target from a key forward perspective to bring in via trade?
I wouldn't think twice about offering $1.5m x however many (frontloaded) and pick 2/3 for Sam Darcy (OOC 2025), but I still doubt it would get done.

I'd seriously consider pick 2/3 and F1 for him TBH.

No chance he moves.
Almost certainly not. Thing is... football careers are short. Surely money means something. Case in point - Sydney pinched Buddy from the Hawks right after a premiership.

I think we punters underestimate how much North could frontload a massive contract over the next three years. What we need more than anything right now is a mobile 208cm contested marking freak. I'd happily give up a stupid amount of the salary cap to make it happen, and I doubt there are many, if any other clubs who could offer the same.

There are no topliners left OOC or FA this year.

The only ones next year are Darcy, Allen and Thilthorpe.

Its not until 2026 that more options open up. So in the unlikely scenario we score any, we'll be paying a massive premium.

Almost certainly not. Thing is... football careers are short. Surely money means something. Case in point - Sydney pinched Buddy from the Hawks right after a premiership.

I think we punters underestimate how much North could frontload a massive contract over the next three years. What we need more than anything right now is a mobile 208cm contested marking freak. I'd happily give up a stupid amount of the salary cap to make it happen, and I doubt there are many, if any other clubs who could offer the same.

There are no topliners left OOC or FA this year.

The only ones next year are Darcy, Allen and Thilthorpe.

Its not until 2026 that more options open up. So in the unlikely scenario we score any, we'll be paying a massive premium.

Agree with a lot of that, however Buddy was a complete outlier. He couldnt leave his home in Melbourne without being hassled. Sydney lifestyle was a key factor.

I dont think any money could move Darcy from Footscray. Id offer the massive contract to Caddy or even Josh Treacy.

Genuinely, who would we target from a key forward perspective to bring in via trade?

Left-field thoughts for pontificating sake:
  • Sam Weideman (OOC 2024) - 27 years l 197cm
  • Sam Day (UFA 2024) - 31 years l 196cm
  • Ben Brown (OOC 2024) - 31 years l 200cm
  • Darcy Fogarty (RFA 2024) - 24 years l 194cm
  • Mitch Lewis (UFA 2026) - 25 years l 199cm
  • Max Gruzewski (OOC 2026) - 19 years l 192cm
  • Noah Balta (RFA 2025) - 24 years l 194cm
  • Tom Lynch (OOC 2025) - 31 years l 199cm
  • Wade Derksen (OOC 2025) - 23 years l 194cm
  • Jack Lukosius (RFA 2026) - 23 years l 195cm
  • Rory Lobb (OOC 2026) - 31 years l 207cm
  • Ryan Maric (OOC 2026) - 19 years l 196cm
Rationale for inclusion is broadly that most are 1) outside best 22, 2) being underutilised, 3) play for teams near the bottom who may be open to a trade to fast-track rebuilds, or a combination of the three.

A bunch of these are 1) cooked, 2) not really KPFs, 3) fanciful, or a combination of the three but they remain fun to think about.

Left-field thoughts for pontificating sake:
  • Sam Weideman (OOC 2024) - 27 years l 197cm
  • Sam Day (UFA 2024) - 31 years l 196cm
  • Ben Brown (OOC 2024) - 31 years l 200cm
  • Darcy Fogarty (RFA 2024) - 24 years l 194cm
  • Mitch Lewis (UFA 2026) - 25 years l 199cm
  • Max Gruzewski (OOC 2026) - 19 years l 192cm
  • Noah Balta (RFA 2025) - 24 years l 194cm
  • Tom Lynch (OOC 2025) - 31 years l 199cm
  • Wade Derksen (OOC 2025) - 23 years l 194cm
  • Jack Lukosius (RFA 2026) - 23 years l 195cm
  • Rory Lobb (OOC 2026) - 31 years l 207cm
  • Ryan Maric (OOC 2026) - 19 years l 196cm
Rationale for inclusion is broadly that most are 1) outside best 22, 2) being underutilised, 3) play for teams near the bottom who may be open to a trade to fast-track rebuilds, or a combination of the three.

A bunch of these are 1) cooked, 2) not really KPFs, 3) fanciful, or a combination of the three but they remain fun to think about.

Thanks for this.

What about Elliot Himmelberg? would be free pretty much.

I dont mind what ive seen of Maric and Gruzewski will definitely move either this year or next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back