List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id offer the massive contract to Caddy or even Josh Treacy.
They're both 2026 OOCs tho. There is nothing in Freo or Essendon's interests in trading them out early, unless the draft capital was massive overs.

You'd have to be convinced they're the promised one to justify the premium we'd be paying.

Thanks for this.

What about Elliot Himmelberg? would be free pretty much.

I dont mind what ive seen of Maric and Gruzewski will definitely move either this year or next.

Hmmm, good call, UFA this year. Haven't seen much of him to be honest.

Last edited:

Houston thanks
Interesting.
Wind back 6 months and back to back prelims and hes loving life in Adelaide. Leader of the club. Well loved. Signs his best contract of his career so far.

Fast forward 6 months and Ports sitting 0-5 with Wines injured, Dixon injured, Boak 33 - is staying in Adelaide now really that great?
100% gettable and we should be in his ear. Come home Dan.

Melbourne boy from the Eastern suburbs. I suggested we have a crack at him years ago before he became established. I know his dad would love him to return and if we could do so it would also help get his dad back here from NZ where he lives currently.

Would cost too much nowadays though unfortunately.
His mates would too Toes’
Definitely a watch this space now

{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

The above is from April 2022.
I am surprised Houston has stayed in Adelaide this long.
What is he now? 26?

He would be great for our young group.

Now that Toby Pink has earned a contract for next year, the list of available spots for next year gets thinner and thinner. Add to that the talk that Zurhaar will re-sign as well, and all of a sudden we're staring down the barrel of some very tough list management decisions;

In all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep SIX players from the below list of out-of-contract guys heading into 2025;

Bolded players are the ones I'd be keeping.

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Robert Hansen Jr (release/VFL)
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

Side note, I'm not sure how accurate this is, but this AFL website article also suggests Bigoa Nyuon is a free agent this offseason so perhaps his name should also be on the list?

Now that Toby Pink has earned a contract for next year, the list of available spots for next year gets thinner and thinner. Add to that the talk that Zurhaar will re-sign as well, and all of a sudden we're staring down the barrel of some very tough list management decisions;

In all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep SIX players from the below list of out-of-contract guys heading into 2025;

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

Side note, I'm not sure how accurate this is, but this AFL website article also suggests Bigoa Nyuon is a free agent this offseason so perhaps his name should also be on the list?

Looking back on it, it doesn't actually mention Biggy's contract length on signing.

Quite possible we only recruited him on a 1 year deal.

He's a UFA because he was previously delisted and rookied by Richmond.

Looking back on it, it doesn't actually mention Biggy's contract length on signing.

Quite possible we only recruited him on a 1 year deal.

He's a UFA because he was previously delisted and rookied by Richmond.

Poor Nostra is going to blow a fuse if we cut Biggie after Toby Pink earned a 2025 contract extension 🤩

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

I wouldn't have thought we'd be having to turn over 10 players again this year plus TT?

Interesting.
Wind back 6 months and back to back prelims and hes loving life in Adelaide. Leader of the club. Well loved. Signs his best contract of his career so far.

Fast forward 6 months and Ports sitting 0-5 with Wines injured, Dixon injured, Boak 33 - is staying in Adelaide now really that great?

{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

What is he now? 26?

Would be great but poort are like * and hard to deal with.
So I wouldn’t bother with any contracted players from them.

I wouldn't have thought we'd be having to turn over 10 players again this year plus TT?

From what I can gather on the AFLPA list rules website, AFL lists need a minimum of 36/maximum of 38 senior list players.

North currently has 31 players under contract for 2025 and beyond, leaving us with room for between 5 to 7 players we can keep from the 14 (or 15, with Nyuon?) players out of contract at the end of the 2024 season.

Rookie list gives us a little flexibility, but there's obviously eligibility issues there, as well as the fact we were given extra rookie spots for 2024 and these are unlikely to continue into 2025.

That's why we're going to be faced with some tough decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's no chance that North brings in a player who'll relegate McDonald to the 2nds.
He's their love child and signed until what 2038 or something.
Heck they wouldn't even draft a kid with the same last name

Interesting.

{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

What is he now? 26?

He would be great for our

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

The biggest decision is clearly Harvey, considering the surname. He will get rokkied i think.

Must keep Bailey Scott.

A dark horse for mine is Jaidyn Stephenson. Does he walk away?

Agree with your delistings here.

The biggest decision is clearly Harvey, considering the surname. He will get rokkied i think.

Must keep Bailey Scott.

I know Jaidyn is contracted, but how much money is he owed? If it was front loaded...

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Must keep Bailey Scott.

Cooper will get a year.

He had a massive year in the VFL in 2023 and has had an injury interrupted season this year.

He's also a lot different to our other medium forwards he's a much more natural crumber and ground ball player than Ford, Curtis and Zurhaar.

We don't really have anyone else on the list like that with good goal sense at the moment.

Cooper will get a year.

He had a massive year in the VFL in 2023 and has had an injury interrupted season this year.

He's also a lot different to our other medium forwards he's a much more natural crumber and ground ball player than Ford, Curtis and Zurhaar.

We don't really have anyone else on the list like that with good goal sense at the moment.

I like him a lot. Thought he showed a bit at the level too.

But unfortunately we have an abundacne of medium forwards. i dont knwo where he fits in.

You could argue that Zurhaar, Ford, Curtis, Duursma and Harvey all have similar traits. There needs to be some movement here.

I agree on your call that he is more a natural crumber. 100%

I like him a lot. Thought he showed a bit at the level too.

But unfortunately we have an abundacne of medium forwards. i dont knwo where he fits in.

You could argue that Zurhaar, Ford, Curtis, Duursma and Harvey all have similar traits. There needs to be some movement here.

I agree on your call that he is more a natural crumber. 100%

I don't really classify him with the other 4 for those reasons.

Your point is also why I think it utterly ridiculous we have a 5 or 6 year deal on the table for CZ.

Ford getting a 1 year deal and CZ having a 5 or 6 year deal on the table is utterly wild to me.

Considering also we used a top 4 pick on someone capable of playing that position in last years draft, with a ceiling twice as high as Zurhaars current output.

CZ must have the same manager LMAC had.

He's a good player, but nothing close to irreplicable like that contract should reflect.

I know Jaidyn is contracted, but how much money is he owed? If it was front loaded...

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

I reckon it would have been heavily front loaded and be on minimal now

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bailey Scott (trade?)
Blake Drury (release)
Cameron Zurhaar
Curtis Taylor (release)
Eddie Ford
Finnbar Maley

Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Jackson Archer
Kallan Dawson

Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

lol I forgot Eddie Ford got a 1 year extension too.

Interesting.

{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}

What is he now? 26?

Farrell and a few others have started to take a lot of his ball down back.
He's barely had kickins the last couple of weeks.
Depending on the deal, he could be gettable.
Doubt it happens though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back