List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many spaces do we need to open?

Obvious leaving players... Thomas (Gone), Greenwood and Shiel (May offer 1 of them 1 year for maturity), Dury and RHJ (may keep 1 depending on draft, prob competing with eachother), Taylor should be worried, Sellers chould be concerned i think will go, Laz will go.

Harvey prob gets another year. I like Finbar so hopefully 1 more year. Free in interesting space but likely to go.

This draft take 1 KPF with first 2nd rounder, 1/2 small forwards, best available at first pick ?Trainor ?Draper

Dont expect KPF to play this year and/or be delisted by end of same year

Correct, just making a point that we let go of boys on the premise of going youth and giving the youth a chance then we recruit/draft these lads at the end of 2016 who could have benefitted by the leadership of a Boomer and Petrie or Frittio, ..I can distinctly remember B.Scott saying something alongst the line of 'We want to give the likes of Corey Wagner greater opportunity..." when criticism came his way when the media pressed that Boomer could still play.

Did you agree that cutting them at the end of 2015 was the correct way to go?
BTW we did actually draft Wags and Clarke in 2015. But anyway...

See!!! Even to this day that great spud of a coach still has us confused imagine the playing group at the time!!

I deeply pray that we win a flag with this group before the scum and Scott...l could die of a heart attack 1 min after the siren knowing that the club achieved this feat after the mess he left the club!!!

Morning ferbs I would be interested to actually know what the majority of the playing group that Brad coached thought of him as a bloke and a coach. Not just 2-3 players but the majority. Someone on here would have some idea. Im not worried what supporters thought just the players

I can confirm as I’m actually the Uber driver that dropped Fyfe off at Arden Street.
When he got out of the car I said “Freeborn is there”
To which he replied “here comes North Melbourne”.
Then we smiled at each other, and gave quick thumbs up. Then I said “I’ll meet ya back here on the Sunday after the 2025 grand final”. Then I sped off and accidentally ran over Blake Drury.
Can confirm am Drury’s run over corpse

Morning ferbs I would be interested to actually know what the majority of the playing group that Brad coached thought of him as a bloke and a coach. Not just 2-3 players but the majority. Someone on here would have some idea. Im not worried what supporters thought just the players
I think you'd have to ask the players who played under him and other coaches and compare those answers to the players who only played under him. Or with someone like Jy for example ... what he thought about the differences between Brad and the other coaches he has played for.

He was lurking around in the race after Cunners final game last year. Not sure if Cunners wanted to fend him off or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to update this list, following recent re-signings and players getting opportunities.

Below is the list of players out of contract. After signings of guys like Pink, Zurhaar, Ford, and Archer, in all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep at most FOUR players from the below list (maybe even only three)

Bolded players are the ones I'd be keeping.

Bailey Scott
Blake Drury (release)
Charlie Lazzaro (release)
Cooper Harvey (rookie list maybe?)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Kallan Dawson
Liam Shiels (retire)
Robert Hansen Jr (release/VFL)
Tyler Sellers (release/VFL)
Will Phillips

Following these moves, I have our list 'needs' as the following, in order of priority;
  1. Small forward
  2. CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman

A year early but Kane Farrell would be a good get for us. Unrestricted free agent next year I believe. Having career best year and would suit our team well

If Jack Martin doesn’t want to stay shy Carlton I’d love him at North. Has oodles of potential still, just needs to get his body right.

Time to update this list, following recent re-signings and players getting opportunities.

Below is the list of players out of contract. After signings of guys like Pink, Zurhaar, Ford, and Archer, in all likelihood I think we will only be able to keep at most FOUR players from the below list (maybe even only three)

Bailey Scott
Blake Drury (release)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Kallan Dawson
Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

Following these moves, I have our list 'needs' as the following, in order of priority;
  1. Small forward
  2. CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman
Surely we could trade out Lazzaro for something? This habit of delisting is a just a waste of resources and time...need to at least get a 3rd rounder!
Don't think they'll release Taylor.

If Jack Martin doesn’t want to stay shy Carlton I’d love him at North. Has oodles of potential still, just needs to get his body right.

I think by now his body is right, right in the sense that it is simply not an AFL body. Not too dissimilar to Orrazio or Kieren Harper?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Bailey Scott
Blake Drury (release)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Kallan Dawson
Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

1. Small forward
  2. CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman
Kallan Dawson is contracted next year, signed an extension in June.

1. Small forward
  2. CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman
Agree on keep and release. Only think Copper stays on.

Draft currently I would aim to trade back with Adelaide for their first and second rounder if they really want Draper. Take 1 of Trainor, Smilie or Reid with our first pick. Second round 1 of the key forwards. I like Simms and Faul. If we had Adelaide’s 2nd rounder Ough?

Bailey Scott
Blake Drury (release)
Curtis Taylor (release)
Finnbar Maley
Hamish Free (release)
Hugh Greenwood (retire)
Kallan Dawson
Liam Shiels (retire)
Will Phillips

1. Small forward
  2. CHF
  3. Medium defender
  4. Outside midfielder
  5. KP/swingman
Based off yesterday’s game, we would want to be replacing the following players in the best 23 over the next two years:

-Pink (2nd Forward)
-Hansen Jr (Pressure/Crumbing forward)
-Stephenson (Competent running HB)
-Stephens (Wing)

Based off yesterday’s game, we would want to be replacing the following players in the best 23 over the next two years:

-Pink (2nd Forward)
-Hansen Jr (Pressure/Crumbing forward)
-Stephenson (Competent running HB)
-Stephens (Wing)
Agree with above, except Stephens. Showed for the first time ever some courage in the game. It was backing into a pack he knew he was going to get crunched. Maybe, just maybe a turning point in his career at our club. I hope so as I think I he is a confidence and touch player.

Agree with above, except Stephens. Showed for the first time ever some courage in the game. It was backing into a pack he knew he was going to get crunched. Maybe, just maybe a turning point in his career at our club. I hope so as I think I he is a confidence and touch player.
I saw that passage of play with Stephens yesterday and you could see he was going to get crunched. He knew it too and he didn’t shirk it for once. Hope it is a turning point for him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back